Georgia uses big first half to beat Tennessee

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by makinpropel, Oct 21, 2011.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Following a big win at the Big House last week, the Bulldogs of Georgia needed another big win in Week 7 to keep the momentum going in the season in pursuit of their goal, a SEC Championship.

After a quick three and out for the Vols, All-American Sanford Seay took the punt return back 83 yards, crossing back across the field and breaking a tackle along the way. This return brought life to the crowd, and set the tone for the rest of the game. After a couple touchdowns and a takeaway by Georgia, Georgia would get great field positioning and after a good drive behind the lineman, Jeff Jones took the team down to the 28 yard line, where Preston Gibson would knock in the 45 yard field goal. The following possession by Tennessee, QB Isaac Rivers saw the safeties playing way off the slot, and made an audible. The safeties then came up and pressed the slots, and Rivers had no time to get rid of the ball, fumbled it, and DE Ray Drew snatched it up and took the ball in for the touchdown and a 17-0 lead.

After the disastrous 1st quarter, Tennessee's defense started making plays. After another punt, Tennessee's CB Tino Thomas jumped an out route, and took it to the house for six. Following a FG for Georgia, Tennessee picked off yet another pass by Davis, and took it back to the house this time by ROLB Curt Maggit. Georgia would answer with a prayer to the endzone which was answered by Seay again. Georgia would lead 27-14 at half.

The 2nd half came and went with not much excitement. Tennessee would score 10 points in the 3rd and 4th quarters, leading to 24-27 lead for the Bulldogs. Georgia could not move the ball the entire 2nd half. Tennessee took over with the ball with only about 2 minutes left, and after moving the ball a bit, on 4th down Georgia put the nail in the coffin with an interception by Zach Robinson on an overthrow. Georgia would kneel the ball for the victory.

Good game BDSDIGITAL . Your defense was stout in the 2nd half. Looking forward to more games like these to come.

UGA Stats:
    C.J. Davis: 10/21 151 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT
    Jeff Jones: 18 Carries, 70 yards
    Sanford Seay: 1 Catch, 47 yards, 1 TD

Tenn Stats:
    Isaac Rivers: 7/15 67 yards 1 INT
    Justin Worley: 3/8 28 yards, 1 INT
    Martin Lane: 20 Carries, 89 yards, 1 TD
    Cameron Clear: 5 Catches, 58 yards

• Like Like x 1
  2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Gg to you too. If I could produce any offense vs a user I'd be in great shape. my defense was nails tho in the second half.

What do you mean by quirky defenses though lol? I didn't run anything but basic plays.

3. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

1-5-5

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Just FYI bro, if you had wanted to play the game early the next day that would have been a possibility. I appreciate you getting it done though man.

5. BDSDIGITAL

once?

6. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Sorry if I am coming off wrong. I can't figure out that defense, I don't know where pressure is coming from, and I don't know where to run the ball too. I am in no way calling you out on anything. I will just delete that from my summary.

7. BDSDIGITAL

No need for that! It's all good. That your opinion and you're entitled to it. I enjoyed our game and I'm proud of my defensive performance. I'll leave it at that. Looking forward to next years game.

8. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

As you should be, I had like 40 yards in the 2nd half.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I had some difficulty against that defense earlier as well...especially when his DT kept blwing up by center.