Georgia wins a wild one against Bama, 42-28

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Georgia wins a wild one against Bama, 42-28

Defense, defense and more defense is what seems to get it done for Georgia, or what keeps them from getting it done in a loss.

Georgia ate Bama's lunch a little bit last night in the disconnect-fest as we tried to play it then. So Bama gave us 7 to start the game, in the form of a 91-yard TD pass from Roberson to W. Andrews.

First quarter was a defensive battle, we forced a couple of punts and kicked a field goal to make it 10-0 with 1:14 to go in the first.

We kicked another FG early in the second to make it 13-0. What followed was some of the strangest football I've seen.

Sterling Duckett takes the ball off the right side and goes like 85 yards but is tracked down by all-everything Marques Brown at the 1-yard line. He tries to go left but Kevin Ross sneaks through the line and knocks him down and the ball goes flying. We get the recovery. Then Curtis Bower breaks a long one for me, again down inside the 10. Next play... BAM, fumble. But this time Bama makes good, returning it 94 yards for a touchdown.

We widened our lead a little more with yet another field goal which made it 16-7 at halftime.

How quickly things turn, Alabama had a little momentum but then Adam Childress fleeced Fosh and took it back 49 yards for a touchdown (2pt) and a 24-7 lead. After I forced another bad possession I tried to get cute and made a horrible read. I'm gonna blame it on the lag :rolleyes: INT, and Tiger Wesley hotfoots it for a 37-yard TD. 24-14.

Again we widened the lead with a field goal, 27-14.

Bama makes a push to get into winning position with a nice drive that results in a 1-yard touchdown run by Early Johnson, 27-21. At this point I'm really on my heels. Suddenly the lag was bugging me much more than when things were clicking... lol. But we managed to pull it together.

Big, and (IMO) game-winning drive as Curtis Bower just put the team on his back and plowed down the field... Four minutes following Alabama's last score he plows in from 7 yards out to make it 34-21. Not only did it give us some much-needed breathing room but nearly drained the clock.

The game was REALLY over a couple minutes later when Marques Browne intercepted a batted ball and took it back for an 86-yard INT return. He might enter the Heisman picture after this game... Browne now has 37 tackles, 10 TFL, 4 sacks, 5 INT, 1 FR, and 3 defensive TD on the season.

Alabama went to air-raid mode and got a touchdown., then got it back again after using three timeouts... And threw their 5th and final pick of the day. Soph FS Aaron Wallace had his second INT of the day. With his 6'7" frame and awesome leaping ability it looked like inspector fucking gadget going up for the ball.

Good game Fosh.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Nice summary! sounded like a good one!

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

I always look forward to my games against Georgia and coach Hellisan. But this type of game was one you just wanted to make it through. Lag lag and more lag. Georgia has some freaks Bower, Browne, and Wallace. Browne and Wallace are GIANTS!!

GG Helli....Look forward to heading to Georgia next year!!

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah fosh I don't know what to think. On one hand a lot of my games specifically are getting disconnected. On the other hand, they typically have zero lag. I only experience lag when I play you and sometimes Ramirez. I really hope that it's better next year...

5. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

You guys in the SEC sure seem to have a bunch of disconnects and lag...

...so much for that SEC speed I guess lol

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW!!