Georgia wins battle of #1 vs #2

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by makinpropel, Nov 17, 2011.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Two weeks following a huge victory over then ranked #3 Utah, the 2nd ranked team in the nation voted on by the coaches took on the #1 team in the nation, Tennessee. It was very fitting that these two teams were ranked so closely together, as they truly were as even as it gets.

The game started with Tennessee receiving the ball and while half-way through the drive coughed up the ball to Georgia on a sack-fumble. Georgia did not take advantage of this fortune though, as after a small drive, Freshman Richard Bonds fumbled a stretch play, and Tennessee FS Anthony Swain took the ball back 66 yards for the defensive touchdown. The ensuing PAT was missed though, which would end up huge in the end. The Vols led 6-0.

The next drive Georgia established a running game, and C.J. Davis used this to hit Junior WR Leon Anderson on a PA pass deep for a 59 yard gain. Leon beat his defender one-on-one on the play, and helped the Bulldogs take the lead 7-6.

The rest of the 1st half came and went as both teams used the bend but don't break defensive method. Georgia let the Vols go down to midfield or Georgia's 30, but they did not end up scoring any points. Tennessee, however, let the Bulldogs march into the redzone before they reared their necks and would not give up a touchdown. Jay Pittman connected on kicks of 26,31, and 27 in the 1st half. The Bulldogs led at half 16-6.

The Bulldogs took the 2nd half opening kick and marched down until Davis threw a pick in the redzone as the Vols stopped Georgia again in the redzone. Tennessee yet again took advantage of the takeaway. Justin Worley saw the SS playing off, and quickly hit Alan Washington. Georgia then missed the tackle and Washington took the ball 91 yards for a huge touchdown to make the game 16-13.

Georgia answered the call though, as Davis and RB Jeff Jones drove down the field, taking up more than 3 minutes off the clock, before the Davis ultimately hit Sophomore David Green, who is having a fantastic season. Georgia took the lead 23-13 and looked to put away Tennessee's National Championship hopes in the 4th.

The Vols had other ideas though. Following a Vol field goal and a failed attempt by Georgia to put the game away in the waning minutes, the Vols and QB Justin Worley took the field. Worley led the team right down the field in under 2 minutes and completed a couple huge passes on the drive. Worley finally ended the drive, with another TD pass to Washington with 0:33 left in the game, and the game would be tied 23-23. Because of the missed PAT early in the game, this one was not over.

Georgia had the ball first, and quickly Davis hit Anderson for 19 yards and Davis sneaked it in from the 1 yard line to quickly go up a touchdown. Tennessee then had to answer, but after 2 rushes by Tom Smith, and an incompletion, Worley was sacked on 4th and 9, and the game would be over with Georgia winning 30-23 in OT.

GG BDSDIGITAL , and it was another really fun game like last year. Your running game was very good, and have a bright future with the Vols.

UGA Stats:
    C.J. Davis: 17/32, 295 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
    Jeff Jones: 14 Carries for 70 yards
    Leon Anderson: 5 Catches, 186 yards, 1 TD

Tenn Stats:
    Justin Worley: 13/21 226 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
    Tom Smith: 27 Carries, 103 yards
    Alan Washington: 4 Catches, 138 yards, 2 TDs

• Like Like x 2
  2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah good game. I got hit with some brief lag while I was kicking that extra point and my when i hit the stick at the top of the kick meter it didn't register. I knew tho as soon as I missed that xp that I had a big problem. That's how stuff like that usually works.

But congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That is happening to me all the time lately... Just about every game at some point it won't register a kicking input, I have no idea why. I have had this problem over the past two games (NCAA 11 and NCAA 12) also: When I go to punt or kickoff or sometimes kick a field goal... It often won't take the FIRST input. So I gotta try again, and again, and again, and then at some point it randomly takes it and I kick the ball 10 feet.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Something else that has een happening o me lately is my kick returner taking a knee immediately on kick offs without any input from me. That isn't a big deal tho I guess.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

:redcard: Your lag switch must be faulty

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Haha