Georgia wins BCS Title in a "kissing your sister" type game

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Georgia wins BCS Title in a "kissing your sister" type game

.... Which means it was hawt.

JK

First of all, everybody look for a dynasty invite, we advanced to the BCS game and I'm re-inviting everybody in the first week of Bowl Week ...

We played the initial effort and it was 24-6 UGA, with about 2 minutes to go in the first half. VT had the ball and was driving at their own 40 yard line. Game cuts out.

So we re-started in the first half (to make a very long story short)... and continued with the same score assuming a score of 24-9... Played to a score of 31-12 with about 6 minutes remaining in the game before it disconnected again.. What a joke.

In the "real" game Ivan Jackson busted a 60+ yard run right up the middle to start the scoring. Va Tech added a field goal and we added another touchdown on, allowed a field goal, kicked a field goal, then intercepted a pass on a bad play (he tried to slide thinking he was past the LOS and wasn't) and returned that for a touchdown for the initial 24-6 lead.

GG JMS now go wash the sister taste out of your mouth. I'd still have to say this was better than playing the cpu!`

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Congrats on the title man even with the discos and strange circumstances of playing the game then going back in time. Great season, especially the SEC title game

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

My take on this game.

Hellis played great on offense. They were very instrumental in moving the ball down the field every drive. The speed was a bit of an issue. ON defense.......well as UGA you dont have to do much....play man and blitz. The team is full of speedsters and no one could break free. I had some nice plays and I felt like I could play toe to toe if I had some more talent (1 more rec). Edwards overthrew 2 IMO td passes....very rare. And to boot lets just say some crazy things happened not in my favor.

• The hit X to slide not only ended up an INT it ended up an INT for a TD.....fuck. (this was a game breaker as I was in the redzone at down 6-17)
    • First play on 1st game was a 64 yard TD run....fuck.
    • Overthrowing Ellis and Allen wide open....fuck
    • Roberson getting hit while throwing the ball and the TE catching it behind the LOS and then proceeding to break 4 tackles and to fall 4 yards forward on a 3rd and 9....fuck
    • Finally while VTECH is driving just probably playing for pride at 31-12 we hit Stanley at the 1 yard line on a slant and is going to score. He gets hit and drops the ball......and the FS for UGA ints it......WTF!!
    • lets not mention also every fucking tackling was a "Ronnie Lott" tackle....ouch
    I see why no one beat UGA this year everything was clicking and the team was beastly to boot. They deserved the title.....especially after the DONUT they served The Tide....ouch!

2 years in a row ACC Champs and losing in the NT game.....kind of stings....but we will be back again!!

Great run Helli and congrats! THank you everyone for rearranging the league for me....i feel special. :)

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Sounds like a nice game guys. After stomping (ok maybe not stomping) VT earlier this year and seeing UGA dismantle a tough Bama team I had a feeling this would be Hellis year. His offense was really pretty unstoppable all season and I don't think any of his user games were very close. On defense, all those off-season bots UGA has been gifted are maturing and downright nasty. Impressive wire to wire run by the Dawgs. VT it must be bittersweet to get to The Dance twice and come away empty, but you've really upped your game and I wouldn't be surprised to see you back.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah the disconnects real the spoil the atmosphere of the game...I blame Helli!! Not that I think the outcome would have been any different but my video is going to suck ass now! ACK!

6. Blaza

Agreed. Whether you're up or down the discos can really fuck with your flow. Fix this bullshit for good in '11 you fuggers.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I knew helli's cheesy azz squad would win. Smh.

Forreal though his team is sick, better than hearing vatech- champs. Ewww.

8. Blaza

And btw, so it doesn't get overlooked. While the talent is undeniable, UGA has had some great gameplans and playcalling this year as well. In the games I've seen, they pretty much led from the opening kickoff and never looked back. That is what I call a truly dominating season.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah when JMS had the idea I thought it was pretty much the only way to go. He thought of putting up a file but that might fuck up the other one...

GG man, Va Tech put up a nice effort. If you watched any given couple of minutes you'd think these teams were playing it pretty close but we'd make a big play here or an impossible play there. On example was in the second game you had me 3rd and 8 or so... Hit me while throwing. My TE comes back for the ball, catches it about 2 yards past the LOS, turns around, starts busting tackles and gets the first down... And my double A Tap interception wasn't returned for a TD....

FWIW you mostly torched me when I played man... at least it seemed that way. And I blitz a lot no matter what team I have :) But yeah my guys are fast and they hit hard, how many times did we knock Burton out of the game lol...

The thing I like is I was able to find an offense that had so many different things going on that nobody really got a handle on it all year. We had three guys in the Heisman race despite Ellis winning it because we spread it around, if Bower had remained healthy he might have been a 4th...

I think I only have 1 offseason bot on defense (Marques Brown) and he was hurt for the SEC title game... :confused:

But I hear you... Despite me thinking Alabama was gonna take me out again this was our year, just glad that we got one. Thanks man.

Yeah just put up some highlights of the biggest plays... maybe run the official score by before each play... hahaha

Agreed

LOL... cheesed our way right to the top.

Thanks man, it was a nice run for us... We did have a nice game plan ready for Fosh this time, that's for sure. Va Tech... No game plan needed, this is the beauty of the SEC!

SEC! SEC! SEC!

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

A few clips from the game, these are the plays that really determined the outcome IMO.

http://www.justin.tv/clip/0199297f93582e60
    Ivan Jackson breaks loose to start the game and gives us a 7-0 lead

http://www.justin.tv/clip/78868900f81d7e98
    This could have swung the momentum aroudn but didn't. I motioned a guy then the game sort of stuck for a second and with the clock running down I started pounding the A button, this was the result.

http://www.justin.tv/clip/0b7504414f12dc90
    Edwards thinks he is past the LOS and tries to slide, ugh.... I thought the game was pretty much over here.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LMAO!!! I just noticed the work done by my RG, can't remember his name right now on that first play... He started his first game against Bama and weighs like 360 lbs. with 70 speed, he knocks over at least two guys on this play hahahahaha