Georgia wins the BCS title as Lee has career game at the right time

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Georgia wins the BCS title as Lee has career game at the right time

A 28-point second quarter spurred the Georgia Bulldogs to a 49-21 win against Miami in the BCS National Championship.

Miami was driving in the first quarter but Jake Holland intercepted Q. Lee at the end of the drive and was tackled inside the 10 yard line. After a run attempt resulted in a loss to the 3 yard line, the Bulldogs called a pass play hoping to put some space between them and the goal line. Shawn Lee got loose deep but the D was about to sack Roberson and he had to scramble away. Once in better position within the pocket he underthrew a pass downfield to Lee. Lee came back, caught it, broke a tackle and broke away for a 97-yard touchdown, 7-0.

The Canes marched right back down the field with little trouble and Richard Smith punched it in from 3 yards out to tie the game at 7-7. Georgia pieced together a response and got within scoring range. On 2nd down expecting an all-out blitz from the 3 yard line we ran a quick play action to the wide open fullback who gave us a 14-7 lead.

Again Miami scored, even quicker than before, tying the game at 14-14 on a 6-yard run by K. Wilson.

Shawn Lee struck again, as Roberson looked for him in one-on-one coverage and he outmaneuvered the defender for the ball and broke loose for a 54-yard score, 21-14 with 2:45 remaining in the first half. Miami's chances fell apart when Q. Lee was intercepted twice before the end of the first half, each being returned for scores and a 35-14 lead. On the first Lee was hit and Matt Singletary caught the floating pass and ran it back. On the second Lee forced the ball into coverage and our FS batted it up in the air before CB Curtis Elliott came down with it and ran it back from 42 yards out.

Georgia continued to widen the gap in the third quarter as Lee again took the game over, catching a pass over the middle and breaking tackles before going 72 yards for the touchdown. Lee capped his Heisman-winning season with a 4 catch, 247 yard, 3 TD game, all coming in the first three quarters. Although he was held in check against Clemson, he battered two of the toughest defenses we've seen all season in the SEC Championship and the BCS game, while dropping no passes (which was always his weak point).

GG Miami

---------------

Game had to be played twice. First game Georgia struggled early on allowing a Miami TD and then throwing an interception which which was returned for a 14-0 lead. We then scored 21 consecutive points and were driving when the game disconnected early in the 2nd QTR. The next game was played to 3 quarters with Miami needing to be up by 7 or more to continue to the 4th.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I give some props to helli but also expressed my thoughts also. I don't believe the game should have been that wide open of a margin. But oh well I got beat bottom line

I think I might be too sim for this league

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oh jesus .... I think that's the funniest shit I've ever read on this site, ever.

Edit: I'm going to edit this because it needs to be explained: Knight thinks tht the defensive line aggressiveness should be allowed... but only to be turned off and on throughout the game. So he's not exactly on the MoGriff/Ramirez side of things where both of those guys think it should just be turned off.

My stance on it is this: Hey at least defense matters in T1. Miami threw for 300 yards despite throwing for 5 picks and routinely throwing it to guys that were covered and only completing 13 passes! what do you want, 500 yards on 18 completions? I threw for over 300 yards on 12 completions! Even as is, the offenses are too strong. (both of those passing figures were only in 3 QTRs, I didn't throw it after you left). I think it should be allowed in any way the user wants to use it. If we're going to allow it but only sometimes, that is a slippery-ass slope. People can turn it on all game and say hey, I only had it on when you were sacked. For me, i had it on for almost the entire first half before going to more conservative settings for most of the 3rd QTR.

Things like this either need to be allowed, or not allowed, otherwise you're then going to get people complaining about people's style of play that differs from theirs. Like "he had it on aggressive 80% of the time, sim is 50%! or sim is 30%!" No. On or off. We have allowed it on the entire length of this dynasty.

I promise you this, that we will vote on the settings prior to starting league play next year and if you have an issue or complaint... No matter if you think you're the patron saint of the league or if you think you're somebody nobody likes (ramirez's excuse) please come to me and discuss it. thank you.

As for you knight... you know every trick that you can pull and still be called sim somehow. I like your game bro but you are not the most sim player I have faced. You want to marginalize my win that's fine but you're just like Britney, not that innocent.

4. KnightNoles

Now why?

I don't use the gameplan features excessivly besides the interceptioms and big hit. I may put up some high numbers but since someone called me out on my safety they have been down. Regardless of the high numbers it's my skill and hardly ever the AI influnencing the outcome of my game because I try to make

the passes to Shawn lee are the best examples of that in our game

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Not even worth the argument. Every, and I mean every single person in this league is going to exploit what they can to get a win. I've played both Knight and Helli and they beat me everytime.

Do I think this league pushes the sites rules more than others? Yes

Does it matter in this league? No. Because the only time people complain about something or have an issue is when they lose. Sometimes I agree with them sometimes I dont. Dline aggresive is an obvious advantage, I went from not using it and feeling good about sacks to using it and not doing shit to get sacks. At the same time I dont get to the qb with the same frequency as others, so I am dropping the ball there.

I'll vouch for Knoles any day based on what I have seen from him on the field, but at the same time this league is different from others. You need to adapt more here, which is why I've gotten worse as others keep improving.

Congrats Helli on another title, based on what I've seen from you on the field in our games I am positive that you earned it fairly as well. Crystal balls dont lie when it comes to titles.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

See again man this is all in the eye of the beholder. I'm trying to be calm with you despite you shitting all over my game, please understand that.

I user catch everything that I possibly can, including the PA to the fullback and defininitely anything downfield. Every catch of Lee's was user.

In MY opinion if there was something to turn off, it's the hard hitting. We all have different opinions, this is mine. Saying "go for the interception" to me is perfectly reasonable I agree with you. And I have seen a downside, the guys going for picks when they needed to bat it down. So we agree on that one.

The hard hitting, the user doesn't have to do anything and gets fumbles and injuries out of it. And there are constant hard hits all over the field. It is my opinion that this is way, way worse than the defensive line aggressiveness. True there is not much downside for the user for playing aggressive D line but the time in the pocket is pretty realistic for the most part. I've had a couple of games where I got sacked a ton of times and one where I was held to 7 points but THIS IS REALISTIC! IMO it should be o.k. for the defense to do something good.

I'm not gonna bash you. I'm not saying you're not sim. But we have vastly different opinions on this man. You played 2-3 guys this season who have that shit on ALL GAME and no complaints till today....

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oh he adapts just fine to this game. (y)

Thanks I was happy about it for 30 minutes there. On to the next season.

8. KnightNoles

I actually did complain and asked them to switch it up at halftime. I was a little skeptical to ask you plus at the time of the score I honestly did not care. I was just going to take it and go eat.

Actually the big hits you can control them as the user when the cpu does them. If your close to the play and you flick the stick you are able to control the hit for the cpu.

You had what 3 or 4 floating duck INTs because of the DLINE.

I'm sure you watch college football but there are time where you dial up a speed rush and don't. You don't use the aggressive feature every down.

You said passing downs, well shit Helli every down can be a passing down and then you use play the pass on top of that, what a combination.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

See this is where some of you guys make me giggle a little bit Knight this is a video game. Do you think because you're good at COD you could go be in a war?

You need to have a set of rules that the league plays with. Not gray areas, rules. And our league rules are set and I played according to them.

We can have a vote for the 2018 season on turning off the aggressive pass rush. If that's what the majority wants that is what we will play with in 2018. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience today.

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think this is what I was trying to say. This is how we do it, so do it how we do.

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Nobody forced you to join and nobody is forcing you to stay Mr. Too sim for this league...lol.

I have heard wide opinions on what is sim and what isnt....and on who is sim and who isnt...

Most of the time the things that arent sim are bitched about after someone loses a game.

Congrats on the title Helli you earned it, that was no easy road to run.

Freakin 10 seasons in and we are still grinding and people are still complaining!

12. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Didn't watch the game so I'm not touching the argument. Just wanted to drop bye and say congats to Helli on the 'chip!

13. KnightNoles

I can say that too about my tackles with my strong safety. I try to play close to real life but the stick skill sometimes overshadows it.

This can be controlled with a touch of a button

It is not gray area, it just not leaving the FEATURE on for the WHOLE game which we know it has an advantage

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah in the end I know that this would have been a nice feather in the cap. More fuel for bragging all over the site. I'm glad I could prevent that today, we'll see about next season Knight is tough to stop. Let's get him an SEC game or two before the end of the year though. :)

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

ross gutierezz aint shit!

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I disagree. Saying it's allowed but not all the time, and not specifying when or how much is a gray area. It leads to even more bitching and moaning IMO. I'm fine turning it off if the majority of the league wants that.

17. BRUCE80

Hater in the house!

18. KnightNoles

More fuel for bragging, huh? alright since I talk every time I win. You guys are like the media blowing my comments out of the water and everything.

I did take out LSU.

I really wished the first game wouldn't have disco but you were about to score to make it 14 points but the flow of the game was much nicer and was able to keep the dline off balance in the game.

Speakin of schedules, put every mutha on my shit.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I want to make one thing clear. Mogriff... Ramirez.... Knight all (at the very least) think that the Defensive Line aggressiveness isn't sim in one way or another. While I do not agree because I think turning it off gives too much power to the offense these are still three HIGHLY RESPECTED ballers that have this opinion. To me that means it is at least up to a vote. I'm bummed that it had to be brought up here, in this thread, but that's better than not bringing it up at all.

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Haha I like to give you a little shit because you are brash and I'm not so brash. It was meant in fun.

Waxed that ass today. ;)

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Let me give you an example of how this can be a gray area.

Fact: I did not have it on the whole game

Fact: You still think that the game was un-sim because of the pressure your offense received.

We already have a problem. When did I have it on? There's no way for you to know other than seeing a thing pop up when you're sacked. So for all you know I had it on for four plays if I feel like lying. You got sacked 4 times, after all.

The truth is I turned it on when the game started and left it on the entire first half but not the 3rd quarter except for one drive. So technically I abided by your rule but I'm still not sim enough for you. That's a problem right there.

The only way to have it not be a gray area and a source of discontent is to either say it's allowed, or it's disallowed. Like every other league rule.

22. KnightNoles

I didn't say it isn't sim.

I SAID
    It is not sim to leave it on all game! That is my point, you saw where I used it, inside the redzone and whenever I think I needed more of a pass rush. Usually on second and longs and 3rd downs. I probably used it a grand total of maybe 10 plays in our game and probably no more than 45 times in all my user games...

I guess that is my fault

23. BRUCE80

The problem is....its allowed and its ok to use as much or as little as you like.

Its a level playing field. Use it if you want too or dont thats a personal choice...nothing more.

To say anything about it is BS...because our league rules say its ok.

Thats the end of it, use it or dont...but dont complain because of it.

Helli's dline is sick...I think the U's is as well. Pressure is easy to get when you know whats coming.

People have used it against me and I have been sacked and tackled before I could hand off or pitch the ball...thats part of it. I use it some also, I turn it on and off...how is anyone to know if I have it on or off?

That right there is a problem. The rule is its ok to use...and thats that.

I have also drawn people offsides and called plays to take advantage of it.

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ok that's fine man. But we aren't here to tailor the rules of the league to your tastes this is an established league with established rules, and we have a commish (me) who isn't going to say "you can use it but only at certain times" because believe me some people are going to use it more than others, and that will cause problems. I congratulate you on your miserly use of the aggressive D-line but that isn't something that I can, or want, to regulate for the other 11 users of the league.

I am however willing to put it to a vote to disallow the use of it completely. Which two established members of our league have asked for.

25. KnightNoles

Actually yes because I saw user jump snap every play

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.