Get On New Bills Owner Asap

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I just noticed on the transaction log that the Bills owner has cut two players from his squad without reporting them on his cap book.

ALSO, he tried to sign Jon Stinchcomb and released him (I guess he realized that he was injured after he signed him).

Let the new Bills owner know that we do not tolerate lack of reporting of player activity.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

BTW, reason I noticed this is that I am about to bid on one of his players he has cut.

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I pm'ed him about it as soon as he did it. He seems to not have a lot of stuff down yet. I told him he needs to report cuts in his team front office thread. He said that ok, just put them back on his team. Then he asked me how does he bid on a free agent, and I told him all of the necessary steps. i even sent him links to the cap book and free agency bid scale chart. This was 3 days ago and he has not responded. I honestly hope I didn't scare him off about it, but I tried to keep the info I gave him as simple as possible.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Part of joining this league is understanding how this cap book works before you get here. Strange how most of the new owners that have come in have not had little, if any, trouble, and this guy is already causing issues.

Wajy, get on new guy and ask him what the heck. Teach him how to get the cap book in order. If he seems unwilling to learn, let's interview some guys who will want to come in and learn it.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

My main issue with this kind of behavior is that he has made no effort to contact anyone regarding cap help. I don't mind honest mistakes and a willingness to learn. Sounds like this guy doesn't care about learning. Bad first impression.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

bad first impression and incorrect practices = 1st official warning. Let me know if I need to deal this out Win.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Frisk, I think a verbal would suffice except for the Stinchcomb signing. With that on record, I say deal out the warning to him unless the AFC president/commishes say otherwise.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

ok so is that Dun or Dunlap? haha

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Technically, it's still Dunlap until the commissioner makes a move. So, Dunlap, do you object to this sort of ruling?

10. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Dunn is AFC rep. All reps need to 'set' their newbies up when the enter the league. They need to be there to explain step by step what is required and what it takes to be in the oMFL and also explain that the OMFL cost. Get on it Dunn! ;)

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

You heard the commish. Get 'er done!

12. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I had a lengthy convo with this guy a few days ago. We talked about this exact thing. He sounded very confused but after we finished talking he said he understood the rules. I got out the convo. that he is not a fan of reading. I explained to him that ANY and ALL player additions,adds,drops,signings,etc etc must be tracked in team fron office thread. i even linked him to all thses areas and to our rules.

But from how the talk went I am not surprised he has already done something wrong.

13. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

So, are those 2 cuts he made standing then? Because if so, it puts him at 52 players, so he can't play his game until he signs at least 1 free agent

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Even though I really like one of the players he cut, put the players back on his team. This is his official "welcome to the league, now do what the rules say, dumbass" warning. My bid will be null and void because of that. If it happens again, then he'll have a real short stay in the OMFL.

15. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I think only one person should be talking to him probably. It's like in Office Space with the TPS reports, he's heard from me, Seth and Jeremey, at least, that I know of already about this. I never took them off of his capbook yet, but either he or someone else who can needs to put them back on his roster in the game.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If no one can get on in the next hour or so I'll add them.

17. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I will talk to him I was just waiting for the Dunlap/Dunn swap to get final approval which judging by Nate's post it did.