Get to know me....

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by RynoAid, Jul 14, 2010.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Get to know me....

Post a bit about yourself... your welcome to copy and paste from your application if you like or give us some more in-depth knowledge of who you is...

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Ill start :)

My name is Jesse and I am from Central PA. Hence the moniker... Im an avid Sports Gamer and stumbled upon Tradition Football via a friend from an NCAA online dynasty I had hosted as well as the Operation Sports forums.

Although NCAA and Madden are the main games I play, I also play a lot of FIFA, MLB 2K10 and occasionally Tiger Woods. Ive been gaming for many, many years (Im 37 so do the math).

I am the GM of a hotel, so I put in a lot of hours at work. I am married with a 15 month old daughter with our second on the way in October. So needless to say I need my video game time to destressify me (is that a word?)

Oh yeah, and of course I am a huge fan of PA sports teams: Phillies, Pirates, Eagles, Steelers, Penn State and Pitt.

Im not the best, but Im also not the worst player at football games although my reflexes sure feel slow some times :)

That's about it really...

3. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

I'll go next:

My name is Brian and I live in Central Ohio. I too am an avid sports gamer who has been lurking on Tradition Football for about a year. I've played in some online dynasties last year, mainly just with local friends.

I also play alot of Madden, MLB The Show on PS3, and some FPS games. I've also been gaming for many years (I just turned 36). I'm not all that good against human opponents, so take it easy on me. :) The reflexes aren't always what they used to be.

I'm a huge Ohio State fan (my alma mater). I also am a Packer fan (although I mainly watch NFL for my fantasy football) and Yankees fan in baseball (I know, I know). In general, I'm all about college sports since I grew up in Columbus where we are the prototypical college town.

I am single but have a demanding job as a Purchasing Manager, so my time can be limited depending on the day. My general availability is after 7 eastern on weekdays and weekends where I can fit in a game or two.

I think that will do it, I'm looking forward to the season...good luck to all!

4. Badger 8th

Badger 8th Walk On

Just pasting from my new guy thread:

Well, the long and short of it is, I BLEED CHEESE. The dairy product, I don't mean I am a cheeser, haha. I was born in western Wisconsin, but my family moved around a lot and I've been in Michigan's Upper Peninsula for most of my life. Never forgot my roots, though. I'm a huge fan of the Green Bay Packers, and also the Badgers, Bucks, and Minnesota Twins (I'm aware of the paradox, just comes from living an hour away from the Metrodome, absolutley HATE the Vikings though) I'm a student at Northern Michigan University, getting a degree in Social Studies ed, and hopefully moving on to grad school when I'm done with that.

5. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

Mike here... 34, software designer. Also from PA a bit north of Philly, and a big Eagles fan! Married, 2 kids (1 and 5)...

I'm a big Madden player - this is my first time playing/owning NCAA, so I imagine there will quite a bit of learning curve (I have no clue how to recruit effectively, lol)

6. Mallard Muscle

Mallard Muscle Blue Chip Prospect

Hey guys, I'm Justin and I'm 26 years old. I'm living in Portland, OR right now and just had foot surgery so I'm looking at at least another 3 weeks stuck in a walking boot at home. I graduated from the University of Oregon a few years ago and I'm headed to the University of Arizona to earn a masters in public health.

I'm a HUGE Ducks fan, so it will be fun to represent them in this dynasty. Good luck fellas.

7. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

Tom here...also from Central Ohio, born at Ohio State University Hospitol, and been a Buckeye ever since....iam not a front runner as ive been a die hard Browns fan even more...and iam 50..yes 50....I game mostly football on the consoles and call of duty on the PC...I have my own small business so my schedule varies from tons of free time too very little.....but always enough for some football. Iam a better Manager than player...cya all on the field....

8. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

Name is Brandon. Living in Cincinnati. 25 years old. Currently in sales. As far as sports, I would say I am bigger fan of the NFL than College, but still enjoy both. Big Patriots fan, as my username is a nod to Troy Brown. Also a fan of Syracuse. Maybe that explains why I am not way into college football.

9. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

My name is Nick, I'm 26 and originally from Arkansas and went to undergrad at the University of Arkansas so I am all about anything Razorback related. I moved to Milwaukee, WI for law school, graduated in 2009. Moved to Tampa, Fl two months ago and am now looking for full time work (not the best time to be looking for a job, lol). Love all sports but especially football, college has a slight edge over NFL for me.

10. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

My name is Raj, and I'm a college student at the University of Maryland. Huge fan of sports in general although college basketball is my real passion. Also a big fan of the NFL and the Houston Texans (I think its because I'm doing aerospace engineering and I've known for a while that I'm probably moving there).

11. PAgamer07

Anyone else want to let us know about you?

12. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I guess I never posted in here. I'll just copy and paste what I typed elsewhere

my names Trey, just call me that. I live in Cornelius, NC (basically Charlotte). 23 years old, I work as a dispatcher for a freight broker. I also race a Legends car in spare time, not a lot recently just do to funding. I play the hell out of NCAA every year, occasional Madden and also NBA 2k series. Got engaged back in August, wedding is next September. I'm the biggest Clemson fan you will ever meet in your life, I promise. I follow Clemson football & basketball as far as I can, paid memberships to recruiting insiders etc etc, just in depth as I can get. I don't miss a game, rather it be on tv,espn3 etc or I'll just go to the game.

I love college football, I'll watch anyone play. Another note, I'm a Carolina Panthers fan, Charlotte Bobcats & Atlanta Braves fan. However I don't follow baseball thoroughly, just enough to know what's going on. NBA I'm not hardcore but I'll watch the Bobcats, not really anyone else, same with the Panthers unless its MNF or SNF, or the playoffs.

I have a man crush on CJ Spiller

Here's my facebook page

13. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

What Clemson site are you on? I have a paid subscription (for Maryland sports) over on insidemdsports.com

14. PAgamer07

I used to live in SC. Been to Charlotte a couple times. My boss was a huge Clemson fan as well, and goes every year they are in the College World Series to Omaha.

15. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Hey my name is Zac and I live in Concord,NC I play mostly sports games but I like to play a little Call of Duty every once in awhile. I am a Florida State fan and I also like the Charlotte Bobcats Carolina Panthers and the Atlanta Braves.

16. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

TigerIllustrated.com
    CUTigers.com

17. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Well, I was supposed to do this for another league and now all of the sudden, I'm not longer part of that league so I thought I would do so here.

TF Username: AJH (AJ Hart MN) The AJ stands for my two stepkids Austin and Jorden. Hart stands for my last name Hartman and the MN stands for the place I live.. Minnesota

Location you live: (can be city and state or just state) Woodbury, Minnesota. It's a suburb of Minneapolis and St.Paul. It's only about 5 miles west of the Wisconson border.

Hobbies: I used to play hockey from about the time I was 3 up until a couple years out of high school. Haven't put on a pair of skates in bout 10 years, got really burnt out on the sport. Played in B-Ball leagues all through my 20's. Now having the old lady and kids, I don't really get out and do much, they keep me pretty busy. Also quit drinking about 10 months ago so I don't get out with friends as much as I used to thus leaving me with free time to burn on the ole XBOX.

About Me: Unfortunately I'm now in the early stages of the 30 somethings (which really sucks). I'm now married with two step-children ages 15 and 10. The Wife had them very young.. lol Been with my lady now for 8 years so I have been in the boys life for a long time now. Last February, my wife had a serious medical issue that really changed our life but thank god she's doing very well now and will live a healthy and happy life.

Favorite Teams: Easily my favorite team is FSU followed by everything Minnesota. Love the Vikes, Twinks, Wild and yes the T-Wolves. Really love Euro Soccer too and I'm a big Arsenal fan. Nothing compares to my love for the Noles however. Had some relatives that lived in Tallahassee when I was very young and for some reason I just fell in love with that team. I follow them much closer than any other sports team. I troll all kinds of FSU boards.. Scout, Warchant, etc.. Needless to say, I know my team like the back of my hand.

Favorite thing about TF: The SIM style of play and most importantly the friendships that I have made through the site. To me, it's not about the winning and losing, it's about being respectful of your opponent and playing the game the right way. If you do those things, we'll get along very well.

Favorite Foods: Pizza and Mexican food.. Could eat either every day if I was allowed. For some reason the old lady doesn't allow that.. lol

Occupation: Purchansing Manager and Production Supervisor.. Nothing too exciting but it pays the bills.

Favorite Movie or Band: Love a ton of different music. Always been a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan. Now I'm really into bands like the Deftones and Chevelle. Also went through stages where I loved 90's gangsta rap (especially Tupac) and stuff like 311 and sublime. I'll still pop that stuff in and reminice about the old times. Also love stuff like Pink Floyd, can never get enough of that.

Pictures:
    These pic's are like 1-1/2 to 2 years old as all of our pic's from our cpu were wiped out due to us having to do a system restore. Had to steal these from my inactive Facebook page.. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

nice to meet you

19. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Hey my name is Joshua but most people call me Josh, Clutch, Jay, Grizzly, Grizz, Johnny, hell even my mom calls me Fred. I'm from Cincinnati and attend UC for Urban Economic Geography. What I'm I going to do with that I don't know. Probably going back to school for culinary or try a butcher's apprenticeship. We have a few breweries around so I might look into getting a job at one of those.

Anyhow I've been playing NCAA for years and been in online dynasty for the last three years. Also play Madden, NHL, and would play the Show if I had a PS3. I'm a huge Red Sox fan and yes I was one before 2004. On the NFL side I'm a Steelers fan. On the NCAA side I've really gotten into LSU and SEC football. Not a huge basketball fan. Back in the 90s I was a Kentucky fan but really haven't payed any attention since around 2000.

I'm also into traveling around the country. Most of the traveling usually relates to sporting events. Been to Pittsburgh, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, Miami, New Orleans for football games and to Houston, Pittsburgh, Boston, Tampa for baseball. A goal of mine is to visit every MLB ballpark on what the shirt I own and I have called the I'd rather be at Fenway tour. Next week I'll be in Cleveland and Detroit to knock two more stadiums off that list. I've also been to several other states for random trips and vacations.

Good to be on board and looking forward to NCAA 12.

20. PAgamer07

21. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Hey Guys, My name is Rob. I am from Pensacola, FL where I currently reside and unlike alot of you I absolutely hate Philly and all the teams Associated with Philly but I have a special kind of Hate for the Eagles and their fans haha. More on that in a minute. I'm 35 yrs old and Married with no kids which means I get to act like a big Kid and my wife will tell you as much. I have always been more into Pro sports then college which is not the norm for the area I live in because this is called SEC country around here. Ive always been a huge Florida State fan despite this area having alot of Alabama, Auburn, Florida, and LSU fans. As far as the Pro teams I am a die hard NY Giants fan which should explain my hatred for Eagles fans lol and I am also a big NY Mets fan. You may be asking yourself why do I like NY sports teams when I am from Florida. The answer to that question is there are no close pro teams here and the 1st ever baseball game I watched on TV as a kid was of the Mets back in the days of Darryl Strawberry and Doc Gooden ( yes I know great role models lol) so I instantly started following them and have been a fan ever since. When I got into watching football with my Dad he was a huge 49ers fan as he was from California and the Giants were a big rival of theirs so thats how I got into the Giants. The funny part of this story is I met my wife here as she moved here to go to College and she is from Long Island, NY. I have since been to several Mets games including at the new Citi Field which is an awesome place for Baseball. I also went to my 1st Florida State game last year in a night game against Clemson and I had an absolute blast. The Stadium was electric and you could feel the intensity so I can no longer say its better to watch on TV then go to the game and I plan on going to the Florida State Miami game as well as a few others.

I stumbled across the site a little over a year ago after being referred here by Emmdotfrisk from a Madden league. I was amazed at the support for NCAA football and the league I was in eventually moved here known today as PMFL. I love playing the game the way it was intended and I love to duplicate the way they play on Saturday or in the NFL's case on Sunday. I am not the most skilled but I have fun even in losing a game as lkong as its played the right way. I look forward to building some strong rivalries with you guys and in general just having fun.

22. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

:)

My name is Kyle and I am from outside Dallas, TX. I really like the nachos at Cowboys Stadium, hence the moniker... Im an avid Sports Gamer and stumbled upon Tradition Football via the Operation Sports forums.

Although NCAA is the main game I play. I usually play whatever COD game is fun for month and whatever Rockstar puts out.

I work at a Lowe's, so I put in very little effort at work. I got to school during the schol times. I am single, but plan on dating y'alls daughters once they turn 18.

Oh yeah, and of course I am a huge fan of Dallas sports teams. Mavericks are the #1, then Texas football and the cowboys. baseball, meh. I'm from Texas, so don't expect to play me on a Friday night.

Im not the best, but I'm 2-0 against PA so I am good enough.

That's about it really...

23. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

First thing is i am a retired army vet. It was a forced retirement and still miss the army a ton. I am a father of 3 kids of my own and my fiance has 2 kids of her own. We have one on the way which is due in November and we are getting married August 24th. I own a construction company that occasionally sends me out of state but it is very rare. I live in Kewanee, Illinois and heading back to school for Graphic Design. I am a die hard Colts and Illini fan and 2 of my children are named after the colts. My son is Colt James named after the team and Edge who was there when he was born. My oldest daughter is named Peyton and found out when she turned 1 she actually shares the same bday as Manning. Our child on the way if its a boy will be named Austen Andrew after our new #1 pick Andrew Austen Luck. What really grinds my gears is when NCAA gets involved in business they don't have a right to get involved in. BRING BACK CHIEF ILLINIWEK your greedy asses.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  24. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

November birthdays are awesome. Mines the 19th. Welcome to the league from last years rookie to this years rookie.

I'm glad I don't have to carry everyones luggage from the planes to the hotel rooms anymore. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  25. PAgamer07

Mine is the 3rd