Get to Know ya thread!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Twister18, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Name: Steve
    Gamertag: TwiSTR18 ( I am a huge Blues fan and Tony Twist is my fav player)
    I live in Charleston IL and have lived in IL my whole life. I used to be an assistant manager at Wally World for 16 years until my sons came along. Now I am a stay at home dad.

I am 42 years old, married for 16 years, have 2 wonderful sons, Zach and Kyle (not dammit and shutup) as most will find out on chats. LOL. They are 9 and 6 and love football almost as much as their old man. They are the light of my life.

Sports Teams: St Louis Blues, Cards, Illini and Arizona Cardinals (used to be a Big Red fan until they flew to the desert).

I have only played online for 2 years but have made some really good friends at TF/TSO and truly enjoy playing the game.

And yes that is me in my avatar with my Twist jersey on.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

GT: Bravejaf

I am 30 years old and live in Columbus, OH. The only Ohio team I root for is the Buckeyes. In baseball my favorite team is the Braves (hence GT/screen name). In football, I'm an Eagles fan. I don't really have a favorite basketball team (unless you count the Miami Heat's opponent) and I'm not a big hockey fan. I am also an avid fantasy sports player, working on my 4th straight title (baseball, football, basketball and baseball again). I need to stop winning so much money or IRS might start hunting me down. :)

I have been playing online dynasty mode since NCAA 10, with 2 of my 3 years on this site. I have been in several dynasties with Twist and have made some great friends at this site.

• Like Like x 1
  3. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

Name: Tim
    GT: Timroy85

I live in Kalamazoo, Michigan and am married with no kids. I am 26 years old and am a big U of M fan. The other sports teams I like are the Boston Red Sox (I was born in Maine) and the New York Giants. I know having a favorite team in Boston and New York is odd but I don't really care. I've liked both teams since I was a little kid. I have been playing online dynasty since its inception and it is definitely my favorite game mode in any game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

Name: Andy
    GT: ajtev21

Hometown: Grand Rapids, MI

Favorite teams: U of M in all college sports, Saints (since the Jim Mora, Billy Joe Tolliver and bag over our head days) , Red Sox, Red Wings, and Seattle Supersonics , so currently I don't have a NBA team.

I joined TSO last year and have not looked back. I love online dynasty, have done it since the beginning and TSO has taken it to the next level. I coach football for my real job so it's fun to play on here against other people and match wits against some of the long time users on here. There will be a few weekends Im out of town coaching so I'll post that soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Name:Nick
    GT:Gravityyyy
    I live in Carol Stream Illinois which is about 25 miles outside of Chicago. I am 18 years old and will be attending Community College in the fall. I am a avid sports fan with my favorites being Basketball Football Hockey Soccer Baseball.I am a diehard Bulls Bears and Blackhawks fan. I played Baseball and Basketball up until my freshman year of highschool. I have been playing online for about 6 years and have had a great time in various leagues over the years and am hoping to have a good experience in this one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Twister18

I'll cut ya some slack being a dang 'Hawk fan! ;) Go Blues!!!

7. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

:eek:The Blues ew

• Like Like x 1
  8. PSUEagle

PSUEagle Walk On

Name: Kevin

I grew up in Florida (Jacksonville) but moved back to PA (where I was born) to go to Penn State. I graduated in May with a degree in Economics and will start coaching football as a GA this fall in August. I'm obviously an avid Eagles fan, and I'm a huge football fan in general (I love watching cut-ups) since that's what I'm going to be involved in for the foreseeable future.

I joined TSO because I like playing guys who respect the game and play it the way it's supposed to be played. I love the chess aspect of football, and it seems like this site is loaded with guys who share that same mindset/expectation.

I only recently started playing video games (basically since around 2008) and have only been online for a few years (2009). However, I share Twist's philosophy on mic-ing up for a game: the friendly trash talk builds camaraderie and adds to the overall fun.

I like this guy!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

Nickname: Born
    GT: Bornthreat

Born & Raised: Chicago (west side)
    Sports Teams: DIE HARD CHICAGO - Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, White Sox, U of I, Rush...Period!
    Single parent of an 18yr old son(soccer), 8yr son (baseball & football)& 6yr daughter(softball). I come from a serious sports family and my kids are all athletes, like they had a choice. LOL (great dna lol) I've played sports all my life and played college ball and a lil after that. I presently Coach and am a Commissioner at the park my kids play at. I've been playing online since it began. I have been a league commissioner for appr 13 years (10 madden, 3 NCAA), the first several years I competed playing madden but got tired of all the glitching form the "so called" good players and stuck with league play. I to enjoy the camaraderie of good adult ballers competing, but still enjoying the experience of it as well. This is my first time in over a decade where I can play with other committed SIM ballers and not have to run the show... can't wait.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Looks like we got some Illinois people in this league nice.

• Like Like x 1
  11. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Name: Tige

GT: vBIG SLICKv

GT: vBIG SLICKv

I am 38 yrs old, born and raised in the Great Lone Star State of Texas and live in Houston. No, I do not ride a horse to work, but I do have some horses and a few head of cattle. I have a live in girlfriend, it is just like being married except if we split up she doesn't get half my stuff. I work in the Oil Drilling industry and think all of the enviromental bleeding hearts should go live in a mud hut somewhere and shut the hell up.
    I am addicted to golf and in my free time if I am not spending "quality time", her term not mine, with my gf or playing xbox I am on the golf course. I started gaming with the Atari way back in the day and have had every gaming system up to the xbox. I have always played sports games until COD: Modern Warfare 2 and am now hooked on it. I only play 2 games now, NCAA and Black Ops. I am a CAMPER, I think of it as securing a position, and if you come through my area I will own your ass and not feel sorry for doing it. You shouldn't run around like an idiot.
    My favorite sport is college football. I am a die hard University of Texas fan and I follow the Saints, Rockets, and Astros. As you can tell from my profile pic that I am a part of redneck nation and am into NASCAR.

I have been a part of TSO for a year now and have been a member of the premeir league Trifecta for that entire year. I look forward to playing and competeing with you guys.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Twister18

Or as Del says, "Its not camping, it's patrolling!" LOL

13. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

PSUEagle You GAing at PSU? If so I need some cut ups of Coach Johnson's drills! I have some from a few years ago, I need to see the new drills he has come up with.

14. PSUEagle

PSUEagle Walk On

Coach Johnson is the best guy on our staff IMO, along with coach Vanderlinden. The two of them have basically carried the staff in recruiting for a long, long time. Plus, they both develop outstanding guys at their positions. What's more, NFL coaches consistently marvel at how fundamentally sound our guys are at those spots: the ultimate compliment for a coach.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  15. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

Ok sounds good, King's is a good place to be. Yeah both those guys are great. Very few coaches actually come up with new skill development and philosophy stuff, they do; the rest of us just steal it.

16. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Name: Michael
    Gamer Tag: Sniper Mikey

I live in Los Angeles, CA, originally from Tennessee. I'm a graduate of the University of Tennessee, and I'm a huge fan of all UT sports teams; regardless of how bad management currently is and continues to screw up! I moved out West to get into the film industry, I work at a place called Dickhouse Productions.

I'm also a huge Green Bay Packer fan, it's been a good sports year!

I've been playing NCAA since the Bill Walsh days, I use to play a lot of Madden as well but as I get older I really don't have much time for video games. I'm pretty down to NCAA and Rock Band and that's it for me. I'm an avid dynasty gamer, still have my NCAA 11 dynasty going. Never been in an online dynasty that didn't go kaput in less then two seasons, so I came to this site looking for some serious players who won't quit as soon as they lose a game. I'm pretty good at the game but I realize it's extremely difficult to go undefeated, especially in against other users. I'm looking forward to a long lasting dynasty, one in which I will hopefully have the most success! Ha!

17. Nyydus

Nyydus Walk On

Name: Dalton
    Gamertag: Nyydus

I live in Western Nebraska. I'm a Junior in college and a Physical Education major. I'm looking to teach PE at the High School level and coach football and baseball on the side. I am a Nebraska fan obviously, but I am also a fan of the KC Royals and Oklahoma City Thunder. I play many games on Xbox, but lately I've been down to playing NBA 2k and NCAA with a little Gears 2 on the side.

I'm excited to be a part of TSO and to have some fun with this league.

18. Paxtin

Paxtin Walk On

Name: Scott
    Gamertag: Paxtin

I live in the beehive state, I work for FED EX and an avid sports fan, I watch a lot of baseball over the course of the year. Usually when im not doing that im gaming online, but the past couple weeks I have taken a liken to butterfly catching in the park by my house with a cool glass of lemonade, it's a rather majestic feeling, makes meel one with nature in a way. Try it out. You wont regret it.

19. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 Walk On

Name: Roy
    Gamertag: ThaShark31685

I live in Rosharon, TX...little outside of Pearland, TX and about 20 minutes from Downtown Houston. Born in Houston, TX. (shout out to big slick!) Big time longhorns fan. Fav teams include the Houston Astros, Texans, Rockets and Dallas Stars. My fav. sport is baseball, believe it or not. Still holding on to my dream of being a play by play announcer. Might seem strange, but I'll play a sports game and announce it while playing. Been doing that since I was a kid, lol. Going to school for it, so it might seem like it's a tough go, but its not impossible.

Me and my intermediate family (parents, siblings) remain close to this day. Been with my girlfriend for 5 years come August, actually met online 3 years before that, so I been knowing her for about 8 years now. (remember yahoo chat? lol)

Thanks to all those who allowed me in this league. Seems like this league is going to last a LONG time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

H-Town in the house

21. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Just send Friend requests to everyone. My gamertag is Sniper Mikey is case you guys don't know who is friending you.

Hey Paxtin didn't know you were a fellow Packer fan! That's awesome! I just secured tickets for the home opener against New Orleans should be an awesome game and I'm sure they plan on doing some Super Bowl celebrations, I'm pretty pumped!

Also, how do I tag names in my posts? I'm new to this board...

22. Twister18

Just use an @ in front of their name