Get to know ya

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jul 7, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

Alright everyone. With the addition of former member chopper393, we are up to 11 of 12 members for our OD for twelve. So both as an experiment for me to see how long it takes some of you to respond and to promote participation, I'd like to start a get to know ya thread so that everyone can learn a little more about each other as I truly hope everyone feels at home and we can stick with our group for a long time.

Just so we are clear... Id like everyone to check the forum daily. Posting daily is encouraged, but do post whenever it is neccessary. The more communication and participation the better and more fun this league will be. Id also like to let everyone know that I check this forum at least once daily guaranteed, but almost always 5+ times a day so if anyone needs anything post here rather than messaging on XBL. I will do my best to get back to you ASAP either way though.

So please introduce and post a little about yourself. Feel free to copy and paste some of the info from your TSO app if you would like.

I shall start :).

Hey everyone, my name is Colin, or C.C. to those who know me. I am an avid gamer, although due to my love of sports, sports games seem to take priority. I've been buying NCAA every year since 2000, and its probably my favorite series. I think I am an average gamer that plays pretty sim. So much so that it effects me and I usually end up playing down or up to opponents in user games. I run a strict pro-style offense that utilizes the running game heavily and really try to run the type of offense that you see from MSU in real life.

I am a 21 year old college student at Michigan State University, and I work during the summer doing carpentry but don't work during the school year. Naturally I am a huge MSU and Detroit sports fan growing up in Michigan. All the Detroit teams are my favorite pro teams, but I currently despise the Pistons ever since they traded Chauncey Billups ;). Oddly enough, this is my fourth year of college and the third school I have attended. I was/am a pretty big athlete and actually had the opportunity to swim for highly competitive Division 1 swim teams out of high school, but decided to play baseball at a smaller D1 school instead. After getting shelled and f'ing up my elbow (as a pitcher) as a freshman I decided to transfer to a D3 school in illinois to play my first love basketball. But the small school athletics just didn't do it for me and now I am at MSU as a non-athlete.

I recently got engaged, although we don't plan to tie the knot until we both graduate. But she respects my gaming and understands to leave me alone during my NCAA user games :).

GT: SPARTAN N4TION
    general availabilty: weeknights after 9 eastern, weekends before 4PM. Probably other times too if you let me know when you want to play, but I don't know my schedule just yet.
    FAV school: MSU
    Team selection (if known): MSU

2. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

I'll go next...

My name is Josh, I'm a 28 year old insurance agent in Knoxville, TN. I graduated from the University of Tennessee in 2005 with a degree in Finance and a collateral in Information Management (I'm a computer nerd as a hobby). From there I went to work with Ruby Tuesday in management and then the insurance gig fell in my lap. I started as an agent and my role within our agency keeps evolving. I've moved from agent to Sales & Marketing Manager, Office Manager, and most recently I oversaw the acquisition of a smaller agency north of Knoxville, and have been named the Agency Manager for that division. So now I commute about an hour each way 3 days a week to run this agency while still managing our staff and marketing operations for the Knoxville office.

I'm married and have a 4 month old future University of Tennessee quarterback (although with his current weight he may be more like a linebacker), Mason.

I have been buying the NCAA franchise game since Bill Walsh College Football (I believe in 1996). I have absolutely loved the online dynasty option this past year, as I usually play offline dynasties, build my team up until it's unbeatable and get bored. This has certainly made the game more enjoyable.

I am a huge Tennessee football fan, but I'm also a big time Kentucky basketball fan. (Yes, fair weather fan) I have been a UT fan all of my life, but became a Kentucky fan back in 1995/1996 due to my aunt and uncle living in KY and it just kind of grew on me. I usually get to 4 or 5 UT games as well as 2 or 3 UK basketball games per year.

That's about it! I'm looking forward to being able to re-build Tennessee in the upcoming 2012 game!

• Like Like x 1
  3. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

I suppose its my turn....

My name is Jeremy, I'm an 18 year old college student attending the University of South Dakota (GO YOTES!). During the summer I work on my family farm in Yankton, SD and go home sometimes on weekends during harvest and planting season. I primarily play sports games, Fifa being my favorite as well as soccer being my favorite sport irl, probably because I'm built pretty small (only 6'1 140), otherwise I would have played football.

I've bought NCAA since my PS1 days and this year is the most excited I've been for an NCAA game ever! I usually create USD on teambuilder every year to play with in an offline dynasty. They hold up against some FBS competition (they beat Minnesota last year, a really big deal for us lol).

I'm a fan of most Minnesota teams, and a huge fan of the Vikings. The lockout is actually helping them because they aren't losing right now! Haha.

That being said, I'm glad to be back and look forward to playing with you guys!

GT: chopper393
    Team Selection: Michigan- Two great rivalries playing ND and MSU every year :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

My name is Mark, I am 28 years old. I am married and currently living in Lancaster, OH and teaching Social Studies at a school in inner-city Columbus for drop-out recovery.
    I attended The Ohio State University and graduated with a degree in History in 2005. After that I went to Ohio University in Athens, OH to get my teaching license.

I was born and raised a Buckeye and I am a die-hard OSU Football fan but my college basketball heart is with Coach K and Duke.
    I grew up playing baseball and really never had a favorite team (I really only cheered for Griffey and whichever team he was on at the time, so I guess you can say I have a soft spot for the Mariners, White Sox and Reds).

My favorite team in all of sports is the Cleveland Browns. The acquisition of Peyton Hillis has given me something to really cheer for as he is one of the few Browns players of late that really plays the blue collar game I have always known and appreciated.

Otherwise, if you want to know more just hit me up on a PM here or on XBL. I am a rather private person, but am open to making friends.

GT: Outspoknpoet
    general availabilty: During School Year (after 7 PM and until 11 PM)... During Breaks and Weekends (Anytime)
    FAV school: Ohio State
    Team selection (if known): For this league = UCLA (apparently?) lol...

• Like Like x 1
  5. -4-

-4- Walk On

Outspoknpoet I know, im so indecisive. Do you want UCLA. I want everyone to be happy, if that's not who you want that's fine with me. Just no sixers.

6. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Hi, my name is Tyler. Im a high school student. I have lived in Neptune Beach (just outside of Jacksonville, Fl) my whole life. Being from the Jacksonville area, I am a die-hard Jaguar fan (I haven't missed a game since 2000). Im also a big Gator fan! Ive been playing video games since 1999 (sports games since 2001). I dabble in first-person shooters, but mostly I stick to sports games. I consider myself an average player. I am definetly a sim player. Like -4-, I like to pound the rock (which is hard to do with the Gators since they are built for the spread)!

Im a swimmer and a bowler. I swim for my high school, and I bowl for a club team. I have been to states 6 years in a row (in bowling). As far as college goes... I want to attend either Florida Gulf Coast University, USF, UCF, or FSU to major in communications. I kinda want to follow in my dad's footsteps and produce/direct the news. In my free time I'm either at the beach, playin xbox, or hangin with friends.

GT: JagNation32
    When Im available: During summer, anytime. But during school, it depends.
    Fav school: Florida
    Team Selection: Miami or Clemson

Looking foward to playing with you guys! Its comin up on my 4th season with this OD and it is the best one i've ever been in!

• Like Like x 1
  7. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

I'm Nick, 23 years old and graduated from Va Tech in 09. I live just outside of DC in Virginia and have lived there for a majority of my life. I was born in Dallas so its fun living in Redskin land being a Cowboys fan haha.
    I loved VT and college in general and may go back for my MBA or something like that.. still undecided. I play mostly just ncaa11 and sometimes COD but kind of just into sports games these days and mainly just ncaa. Apparently I just found out I still haven't picked up my pre order for Madden11 at the gamestop down the road so I just siwtched it over to ncaa12. Just got a 12month xbl card from amazon coming soon so hopefully I get that before ncaa12 comes out..

gt: the quick 135
    when available: later in the day usually 10pm est or later on weekdays, saturday mornings and nights, sunday mornings and nights
    fav school: vatech
    team selection: vatech

• Like Like x 1
  8. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Hello my name is Rob and I just turned 40 today. I'm married with two kids live in the Balt DC metro area and am a Govt. Law Enforcement agent. I'm also an ex special operations Vet who has traveled the world and seen a lot. I played JC and Semi pro ball in upstate NY and have been coaching youth and high school ball for the past 10 years. I've always loved video games since I was a kid and started playing xbox with my son about 5 years ago. Mainly play NCAA but play black ops and gears from time to time. Love the Redskins, PSU, G'town, and anyone playing the Cowboys, Lebron, Duke, and the Yankee's.

gt edge7771
    aval m-f 8:30-10pm est sat and sun when ever
    team UGA

• Like Like x 1
  9. bhenry37

bhenry37 Walk On

I'm Brad and I am 30 and live in TN. I am an attorney and went to law school in Florida and played 4 years of football at University of Tennessee Chattanooga. So, I have always loved football and have played NCAA for a long time. I was actually in the game in 2000 and 2001 when you could play with FCS (Div-1AA) schools.

I am a huge college football fan. My favorite team is Tennessee, but I have really grown to be a fan of Florida State having attended lots of games while I was in law school.

joshwitt and I are buddies and end up talking about this dynsty alot. This is far and away the best dynasty I have played in and enjoy the challenge of playing you guys. I am really fired up about 12 and cant wait to start it up.

GT: Topperkringle
    Available: Most weekedays after 7:30pm and weekends. I travel out of town atleast once a month and have a hard time getting access to an xbox.
    Team: I got on late to the discussion and havent been assigned a team yet, but I'll go with Stanford or Northwestern for now. until -4- makes a decision.

• Like Like x 1
  10. -4-

-4- Walk On

bhenry37

That's tight that you were in the game once.
    Oh I wasn't assigning teams, lol. Either one of those would be fine with me or someone else if you want. Its whoever you want to play with, not who I want you to play with.

11. SpartyUp

SpartyUp Walk On

Hoping it is okay that I post here even though you haven't officially gave me a spot CC.

Hey all, my name is Nate and I am a friend of the commish here and am really hoping to get in here for next week. I have always been a PS3 gamer, but I literally just bought a 360 over the weekend. And after talking with CC about his last spot I've decided that I'm going to be picking this up for 360 instead of PS3 now to hopefully be in this dynasty. Hardly any of our friends are on Xbox Live, which puzzles me as to why you don't run this on PS3 since that's what everyone has. But, nevertheless I have watched the commish play a few games against you guys this last past year, and for the most part it looks like an awesome league which is why I have gone through the trouble to register here.

Anyways, I am a 21 year old college student at The Michigan State University about to enter my Senior year as a communications student. I'm a big Spartan and Chicago everything fan with the exception of the Cubs (I am a Sox Fan). I generally attend all the MSU home Hoops and Football games and normally we make a trip or two for the some of the better away games each year as well. I competed against the commish in Football, Basketball, and Baseball in high school often and we grew to become friends. And when he transferred to MSU last year he moved in with us, and now he is one of my best friends.

I really hope to be able to compete with you guys in NCAA '12, you all seem like a good group. Since CC is my team, I'd love to be either Wisconsin or Nebraska if I have the spot so I can have a rivalry with the commish since our games are usually pretty close. But, being the new guy I would go wherever I need to go in terms of conferences.

GT: Sparty It Up
    Availability: Most Weekday evenings and anytime on Sundays.
    Favorite Team: Michigan State
    Preferred Teams: Nebraska or Wisconsin

• Like Like x 1
  12. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Well looks like I'm dragging up the rear but here goes.....

My name is Lance. I'm 24 years old. Recent graduate of a tiny little college down in Louisiana, literally called Louisiana College. I'm originally from Arkansas. Razorback fan through and through. Signed D2 scholly for football outta high school(shoulda signed the baseball one), and ended up transferring to the little D3 college down in Louisiana. I hate LSU with a burning passion so it makes for good shit talk with all these cajuns down here. Played a little professional football over-seas in Finland last summer, decided that if I wasn't going to NFL I was hanging it up. Played Free Safety in college, check out my Sr. Year highlight tape sometime on youtube if you get bored.

I'm trying to become certified to be a teacher and coach now that I've graduated. Looking like I'll be getting the DB coach job at a local high school here. Everyone cross their fingers.

I'm an avid gamer, I love any sports games and shooters. Big into the COD series. I have a GF, definitely out kicked my coverage with her. She is a knockout and is ok with me playing video games. Win-win. Sometime soon I plan on popping the question......I think. Seems like such a big jump. lol

Love this OD. Can easily say this is the best one I've ever been a part of and I've been doing these since the League Daddy days. lol

GT: L2
    Availability: Early summer anytime, depends once school starts. Free all weekends.
    Fav. Team- Arkansas

• Like Like x 1
  13. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

What a random mix of people...I love it!

14. -4-

-4- Walk On

SpartyUp

Awesome man... saw your app yesterday and it looked good. Glad you are here, and the spot is yours.

As far as where you are to go Id like you to be where you want to be. That being said, it is looking like the Big 12, Pac-12, or Big east might be best based off of where everyone else is planning to go. But we'll see how it works out next week.

I can always schedule you and me for a non conference game.

15. -4-

-4- Walk On

kinqskid Nautica

If you guys have no problems with this, I'd still like to hear from you guys.

16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

As you can tell, I'm not a people person....no I'm just kidding. I'll post one up as soon as I have time. I have been pretty busy lately doing banners for the Experience. I would suggest you guys mosey around there and check them out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

my turn I guess.

I'm Jeff, 37 years old..live in Michigan, (city right next to Ann Arbor, ) and was a huge Michigan Wolverines fan until 1991. That's when I fell in love with Florida State when they came to the big house in 1991 and destroyed Michigan 51-31. I never seen a team so fast at all the key skill positions..Love at first sight.. Ever since then I have always and will always love FSU more than any other team.

Married for 14 years with two sons. 17 yrs and 8 yrs so if I'm not on the xbox 360 they usually are, so please don't get offended if you send me a message via xbox live without a response..LOL..I work for the public schools as a MAC computer tech but also have 13 years + experience as Windows tech, so I can work on either..but prefer MAC..LOL..Also currently have a family home investment biz, with 5 houses and am looking at other biz opportunities to start my own business firm.

If i'm not on the sticks I'm usually doing something online for my church, as I'm a Christian and want to help my church out as much as possible..But dont get me wrong I want to win as bad as the next person, so when you come to FSU Doak Stadium it's on!! LOL.

I love playing sports in person, and won several work basketball and golf leagues with my brother. So on the xbox I usually only play NCAA, Madden, NBA 2K and 1 decent shooter (COD) game per year.

GT - Kinqskid (spelled with a "q")
    Available most afternoons / evenings..let me know your availability and I'll work something out...
    Fav Team - FSU of course!!

• Like Like x 3
  18. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Thanks Brad for helping us "older" gamers letting the younger ones know that we can still hang with them from time to time on the sticks..LOL..The scary part is that I don't see myself not playing video games especially since I have 2 boys.. I'll probably be retired having a AARP membership card, first in line at the midnight release waiting for NCAA 31 to drop..LOL