Get To Know Ya's

Discussion in '1st and 10' started by broth262, Aug 20, 2014.

1. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Hey guys, I know a league is always more enjoyable when you actually know the other guys in he league. So I figured I'd get the bal rolling and we can go from there.

So my name is Brian Rothman, my friends call me B Roth and sometimes just Broth hence my username here. I'm 22 about to be 23 and live in Baltimore, MD. I just recently graduated from the University of Maryland. At Maryland I worked as a student manager for the football team. I love my Terrapins and all my Baltimore sports teams. My teams are the Orioles, Ravens, Terrapins, Capitals, and then my non-local teams are the Golden State Warriors and Leicester Foxes.

I've been playing video games all my life since my grandfather put a Nintendo controller in my hands as soon as I could hold one. Been playing Madden since 96'. I watch an absurd amount of TV shows and Movies, and if you ever need a recommendation, just ask. That's pretty much me, oh and also I'm like George Costanza in that

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

I'm Ryan, 25. I'm a correctional officer in North Florida. I'm a huge Florida Gators fan. I was born in Colorado so that's where my pro alliances are. Pro sports it's Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche, Nuggets (but in the NBA LeBron is my favorite player so Cavs now go here lol). I love Football and the chess like match up of the game and I can't wait to see u guys on the game

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dustin

Dustin Walk On

Well Dustin Madden is the name, yes just like John madden. No relation sadly. I just turned 20 and from st louis Missouri. I currently am in college at Southeast Missouri State studying criminal justice with an emphasis on law enforcement. I hope to be a police officer in about three years. I've played video games for as long as I can remember. Always been a Sony guy. Never once owned an Xbox. My favorite sports teams are, well being from St. Louis, the best team in baseball. STL cards! Stl rams. And Baltimore ravens. anything else just ask away!

4. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

My name is Jim Black, hence the psn Blackattack87, 87 football number...Im 45 and was born and raised in California near SF. So my alliances are with the Bay Area teams. I attended college at UMASS and currently still live in Calif and work as a firefighter. I actually had the game pong and the orig atari so I have been playing video games before some of u guys were even considered being born lol. Thats scary...Looking forward to chatting with u guys

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
  5. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

Andre M. Smith Jr.

26 year old Master's student in Long Beach California. In addition to that I work with kids at after-school programs and I manage my own website with a friend that does fantasy leagues and stuff.

Was around TSO long time ago but my own immaturity combined with some unfortunate events led to me taking a leave of absence. Had to grow up, get back to why I play video games (for fun) and thanks to Kasper and Broth ive been given an opportunity to join #R2C.

Ive been playing madden for ages, since they took over (IMO) when Eddie George was on the cover of the playstation logo. I have been mostly a xbox guy but i own both next gen consoles so you will see me streaming games from both.

Im a big content guy. Like to really act like an analyst, team owner etc. Make the game fun.

Other than that... GO 49ers *kisses bicep*

• Like Like x 4
  6. aussiedude

aussiedude Walk On

Jake Harper here.

26 years old and living in Sydney, Australia.

I have been following the NFL since the late 90s and chose to support the Pack due to their colour scheme (same as Aussies) and the fact I loved watching Brett Favre. I started an Australian Madden gaming website where we have a league of keen guys but I wanted to find a second league that provides a different challenge than playing with Green Bay. I enjoy a simulation type game and will probably be on the lower side skill wise in this league. I hope to take St Louis back to LA :D

I have been to the US twice, never for a football game though. I got to work in the media at MSG and TD Garden as I work for Fox Sports Au and was able to interview guys like Melo, LeBron, DWade, Blake, Chandler and Spencer fucking Hawes. I play lots of Madden, FIFA, 2k and The Show but find the latter two a terrible online experience. Say what you will about EA - at least they have solid servers.

I work shift work which makes me available for US timezones.

• Like Like x 4
  7. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Ryan Coleman

25(for two more weeks at least) year old out in Portsmouth, Virginia

My sports fandom map looks like I threw darts blindfolded at a map: Vikings, Mavericks, Braves for the big three sports, Virginia Tech in any college sport. Started playing Madden when Eddie George was on the cover and never looked back.

I currently do sheet metal work for a mechanical contractor though hopefully I will be able to get out of the field here soon (y)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haha- man I remember Madden 2001 with George on the cover! Got it for Christmas along with my first PS2! Oddly enough, I was too young to understand strategy at that point. All I remember from that game was sitting in practice with Favre and hot routing streaks to Antonio Freeman-- good times.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

That's awesome man! You and bamagrad would get along great talking about all the fun media stuff you guys do, haha. If I'm not mistaken, I believe bama does announcing (correct me if I'm wrong bama) for stuff like the NCAA tournament?

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Tyler Kasperson here, your commish (along with Broth). I suppose I will start with video games- been playing them since Sega Genesis (I'm 22 by the way). Grew up playing games like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot on Ps1, GTA 3, Need for Speed and Call of Duty on PS2, made the jump to 360 when it came out and I proceeded to really get into NCAA at that point. Started playing sports games consistently around then. Got started here on TSO in 2010 and was in and out til about 2013 when I finally settled in for good! This is a great website and I encourage you all to go see what else we have to offer here outside of just this league- FIFA and The Dugout are two that come to mind... I also believe there is a league for The Show now as well.

I believe this is the third league I have commished- one prior was a new member league and one was a league I took over for a friend who is no longer on the site. Bother were NCAA leagues.

Outside of gaming, I work in Ag (farming). I run sprayers and fertilizing machines- along with other various stuff. I have a associate degree in Ag Business, which I received after completing school at Lake Area Tech in 2013. I live in Huron, South Dakota- grew up here my whole life. Played sports growing up- baseball, football, and basketball. MLB in football and PF in basketball (I don't think I have shot more than 3 or 4 jumpshots in my entire playing career, lol). I'm still young so I still like to spend weekends out on the town with friends and have a couple that are still going to South Dakota State so I have an excuse to go see college freshman still (y)

I think this will be a really fun league with the people we have in it, and I look forward to seeing where this group takes us.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dustin

Dustin Walk On

Shit I feel young I think the first madden I played had marshal faulk on the cover, I think 2003?

12. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Kasper

I Referee, Kas, and the past 2 seasons I have called the Ncaa Tournaments Opening weeks games. Getting ready for Football starting next week.

Edit: Most of my announcing is on my Streams. :)

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Whoops :facepalm:

14. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

I thought I was the old man of the group, but good to see Blackattack87 has me beat. I am 39 this year, I am also a Firefighter/Paramedic for the past 15 years for a city in S. Florida. Been playing videogames for a very long time. My schedule is a tad screwy with work and my kids so, bare with me. Also been with this site since they first started and been a commish in numerous successful NCAA and a couple of Madden leagues on here. So if you guys need any advice on commish stuff feel free to hit me up. I will say this is the first time I'm not a commish and I think I will enjoy it more. That's it!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I have a buddy that has gotten absolutely ripped over the last year- got into the supplements and all that. I'm going to get back into lifting too once I am home from this work trip (hopefully, haha). Going to try to get back into the stuff I was doing for football. The normal bench, squat + some power cleans, dips, and then whatever else suits my fancy each day. A little cardio too.

16. Chiddylang

Chiddylang Walk On

Thats great. Always willing to talk about lifting. Trying to look like JJ Watt

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Lol, dude is massssssive

18. RichFire956

RichFire956 Walk On

My name is Jason Richardson. I'm 43, married to my beautiful wife of 21 years. We have two beautiful daughters (16 & 18). I'm also a Firefighter/EMT in Shelbyville, Tennessee. My wife is an EMT as well. My generation started the whole video game craze. We're the ones that wanted Atari's for Christmas and pumped the Pac-Man machines full of quarters. My first system was Atari before moving to Intellivision. I started playing Madden when it was first released, then I moved to the super Nintendo. ( Video games have come a long ways since those days). I moved up with each system as time went on (Playstation, Playstation 2, etc.) My first online experience didn't come until I bought the Xbox 360. I joined a NCAA league and was hooked on online gaming from then on and I'm still hooked to this day. Obviously being older I don't get to play as much but I spend my fair share of time online. I'm a huge sports fan of the Tennessee Vols, Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and the New York Yankees. I'm a sports junkie. Any time you guys want to play please feel free to send me a friend request to PSN: RichFire956. I look to meeting you guys online.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  19. RichFire956

RichFire956 Walk On

Hey Jim. Nice to see on old firefighter like myself on here lol.

20. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

I'm Jon Jon, I'm 38 and originally from Northern California (Monterey) but I currently live in Atlanta Ga. I work for At&t as a Network Analyst here in Atlanta. I have been playing games since the Coleco vision and Atari days. I have owned every madden since madden came out good or bad. I remember the days where me and a friend would pick 14 teams each (only 28 teams back then) and make our own schedule and play madden all day and night. We would even track all the stats and everything! I'm glad madden does that for us now!..lol Looking forward to meeting everybody.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I am Gabriel Chandler. I am 42 year old Navy retiree. Currently living in San Antonio, Texas. Going to school right now to finish up on my Bachelors degree. I have been playing Madden since the old days. I have 3 kids that play video game about as much as I do, or as much as I ill let them. I usually play my league game at night so that they don't bug the hell out of me. Looking forward to playing with you guys.

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I'm Ben, 31 year old living in Portland, OR. I work security for Louis Vuitton and Verizon. I have been playing video games my whole life and Madden since 93 when they had the ambulances come out and run over the injured players. My 3 favorite Maddens have to be the the Texans expansion team one where you did the expansion draft, the 1st owner mode version, and Madden 96 where created players ran through mini games to get there ratings(coach rogers up,down, down, left, right). Can't wait to start and continue the cowboys greatness of 8-8 seasons.

Btw the Ginger gets 4 losses before November and he's canned;)

23. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

Yea sweet! I think we have 3 in the league

24. palmerense

palmerense Walk On

My name is Cleudimar Neto, most people call me Neto, and I live currently in Brazil.
    I grew up in the US, pretty much spent most of my life in MA, where I learned to love American Football haahaha.

I'm 22, I currently attend Civil Engineering college here and I intend on visiting the US again to see some old friends.
    I've been playing madden and have joined leagues in every madden I played since Madden 12, so I look forward to playing all of you guys and hope to have fun in this league as I have had in the past ones as well.

• Like Like x 3
  25. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Something something 7-1 :cool: