Get to know Ya's...

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Apr 29, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Get to know Ya's...

so i saw TTIII doing a "who are you" thread... i figured it was about time to do one for the site overall. We're getting an established group here and i think this can only help the guys who don't know each other too well to get an idea of who their fellow members are.

I'll start.

I'm 34... I'm still not sure what i want to do when i grow up... :rolleyes:

I feel like im on a precipous (sp? prof. Rhude) of a career change... but i have to pull off this web design gig im starting to make it happen. For now, im a Database Administrator for the government. I've been in IT since i was 19 and im burned out on the bland aspects of the corporate IT role.

I'm hoping the new business im starting gets rolling... would love to make my own rules.

I have 3 year old son name Ryne... after Ryne Sandberg and a 4 year old daughter named Paige. I've been married for 6 years in May.

My teams are the Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers, Stars and the Aggies. Pretty straight forward homer..

I've been playing games since Atari 2600.. hell i even played pong a time or two. My gaming has been pretty limited to the sports genre.. with a little FPS and RTS mixed in. Would love to see a "Rise Of Nations II".

I started online football leagues in 1999 with Madden 2000 on the PC. It had an online dynasty module built into it for the PC version. A client server environment where everything was done just like our online dynasty's now, but with a 32 online madden franchise. It was light years ahead of it's time... but buggy as hell.

They left it in there for a couple seasons, then took it out.. then put in spawn games... still functional, but not the same interactivity. But our PC league continued to thrive. I took over commish duties in 2003 and ran it until 2008. It was one of the all time top PC Madden leagues on the net to date. Probably second to Mega.

So then Online Dynasty came along and i jumped ship on the PC game and decided to start over with a smaller group of 12 guys... i was tired of managing so many owners.

Then this thing starting blowing up and it is what you see today...

I have some good buddies in the league... several from teh Real Life too, so you will see alot of ripping on each other back and forth.. especially if your a mexican.

Here's some picks of me and the fam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Cool stuff/idea Ryno! Here is some stuff about me:

Name: Tom O'Brien

Career Status: I am graduating from William Paterson University (NJ) very soon -- my last class is over July 1 -- with a B.S. in Business Administration, with a marketing concentration. I had a sports marketing internship with the ECHL (class 'AA' minor league hockey league) last fall, and I am looking to begin my career in the sports industry. However, due to the current job market, I would take any marketing/advertising job that I could. Until I land a job, I will continue to caddy, which I am in my 9th year of doing.

Hobbies: In addition to my NCAA Football addiction, I also see the Disco Biscuits as much as possible (25 shows in 3 years). They are a jamband that created their own genre of music: trance-fusion. tDB Video 1 tDB Video 2 tDB Video 3
    I also love just about every sport. I play golf and softball, but in high school I played football, baseball, golf, threw shot and disc, and also wrestled. My ankle got run over by a car two years ago, and I am just now starting to work out again to take off the lb's that I have put on due to lack of activity.

Favorite Teams: Notre Dame (football), Villanova (hoops), Bulls, Rangers (NHL), NEW YORK GIANTS, NEW YORK METS.

Activities: When I am hanging out with my friends, we like to drink. Summer time is great! We are always outside, usually playing corn toss and just hanging out.

A few pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Hey guys. My name's Shaun Wilde, 31 years old, and I live up here in the Great White North. City is called Sherwood Park, it's a suburb of Edmonton. For those not up on world geography, Canada is pretty much the same as northern US, just a little colder. If there wasn't a guard house, you'd never know that you had left Montana and entered Alberta. Edmonton's pretty close to the Rocky Mountains, about 3 hours drive, so we do little mini-vacations there quite a bit.

I'm a Junior High Math and Science teacher at a charter school for the gifted. The smart kind of gifted - every kid has an IQ over 130. It's a pretty good teaching position - small classes, nice kids. Parents are overbearing, but that's about the only downside.

Teaching here in Canada is quite a bit different from teaching in the U.S. First off, we're well paid. Teacher unions are the strongest unions in the country, so it's benefits and pensions out the wahzoo. Top of the salary grid caps out around 90,000, so we can't (or shouldn't) complain. Plus pretty much every teacher here has two degrees - one in the area they teach, and an Education degree. I have a BSc in Psychology (neurology, stuff like that) and the B.Ed. Graduated in '05, did a year of hell teaching on a reserve, and then landed this gig. I'll likely die here.

I live in a pretty normal house in a nice little neighbourhood. Moved in two years ago, so I'm just getting the fence done now - I'll stain it as soon as the weather gets decent. Been married for 2 1/2, have a dog and cat, but no kids just yet.

Actually only got in college football about 5 years ago, after watching a shamelessly heart-tugging movie I'd rather not mention. Since then I've branched out to follow a lot of different teams, though I'm particular to cold-weather teams. I can't get the idea of constant heat into my Canadian head. I follow hockey as well (it's pretty much mandatory), but I'm nowhere near as passionate about it.

And that's about it. No pictures for now.

4. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Hey guys,

While I'm only a lurker here on the TF boards, I wanted to introduce myself. I spoke with Ryno a bit before posting. We met back in his PC league heydays sharing similar issues, solutions, owners, etc... My name is John Meyers, 33 yrs old from New Jersey. I'm currently the commish of MEGA, (http://mega.leaguepulse.com) a PC Madden league which Ryno referred to above. We've had our 'online franchise' going for 25 seasons, averaging around 5 seasons or so for each release of Madden. We play 3 games per week, in a full 32 team user controlled league. We also have an online stat program, depth charts, trading and draft app, as well as 25 years worth of our league history via a program called LeaguePulse. Through the modding community at Football-Freaks, we've been able to extend the life of the PC platform. What does all of this have to do with TF? Well... nothing yet. :)

My league has been a great hobby, and we've had a great bunch of guys through the seasons. Your very own Bruce80 (what's up Russ ya homo?) was a champion one season. A league is as good as it's owners, and we've been blessed with some of the best. I've got a ton of experience with launching and successfully running a league, dealing with a number of issues both with owners and technology. The Tradition has a great community going and it can only get better over time.

A few people have asked about Madden franchises, and I like everyone else are waiting for EA's plans to become public. I've stayed away from the consoles b/c they couldn't deliver the full online franchise experience the way we have on PC now, but it appears they are getting closer. If it is the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Madden division start up in TT. But, like everything else, it's wait-and-see right now.

So, about me... I'm a Rutgers grad, and a season ticket holder for football and basketball. I'm a Giants fan, and a Buccaneers fan (which is a long story). I'm also a Yankees fan, so you can all throw your hate on me about Bitch Tits A-Roid. I am currently a consultant with EMC Consulting in the pharma industry. I worked in Regulatory Informatics for 8 years before switching to consulting. I'm currently supporting a pharmacovigilance group. I'm married, no kids (unless you count me!), and a tech geek. If none of that made sense, just figure "he does computer stuff" and that'll cover it.

I'm always around if you want to hit me up via PM or ICQ.

Great job Ryno/all. You've made great progress so far and things will only get better in the future.

**Hey Basis4aDay56, I had a friend work at the ECHL office in Princeton for a few years, and then went on to work for the Rutgers football team. Keep your head up man, that's a good resume booster.***

• Like Like x 1
  5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

"Top of the salary grid caps out around 90,000"

My buddy makes US$85,000 as a teacher and coach down here. He is 27. He DOES have to teach kids that are minorities and don't come from the best home situations, and he does have to bust his ass (summer school, occasional night school, SAT proctoring, coaching multiple sports), but he has almost the whole summer off still. It can be done. Everyone has the misconception that teachers in the US are underpaid, and in most cases they probably are, but there are other earnings potentials out there for teachers that many don't investigate.

Nice to "meet" you guys. Mags, that is awesome! I liked the experience and the main key for me will be to continue being proactive and enthusiastic.

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

come on fellas.. post up..

PICS PREFERRED...

I can do some mean things to you avatar and profile if you don't post in this thread.

7. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Yeah, it really depends on the state. Some pay well, some don't. Some states are hurting so bad for teachers that they'll take a high school grad and put them in charge of a classroom the following September, then "train them along the way." To put that in context, how would you like it if your lawyer/doctor was learning as they go?

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ok.......if anyone is interested.

Jason Sylvester of Monroe, NY. 30 yrs young.
    Work in Midtown Manhattan as a Financial Applications/Reporting Analyst. Single but live my girlfriend who is a Registered Nurse. No kids or pets. I live a pretty free life now and am enjoying it.

My older brother had the Intellvision back in the day and always wanted to play against someone....so he would teach me Hockey, Baseball, Basketball and Football. He would Teach me and then continue to pound me every game. I would get mad and try and beat him up.....lol. When the Genesis dropped with Madden and NHL we used to create leagues on paper with my neighbor and play like crazy.....I was always the youngest and used to get my ass kicked but I learned and would win a few here and there. This is where it all started.

I joined MM when the PS2 dropped and found the world of video games fanatics on the net. When the PS2 online adapter (i jumped on early with the lynksys one) was introduced I was addicted and played Madden all the time. Joined a league called the Blast Sports Network and we played about 15 seasons of Madden with 12 guys before it faded. Thats where my league interest always peaked. I never played the cpu always live people. The cpu was too easy and boring as hell.

Met up with Hellisan, Ryno, VaSteel playing Forza 2 via Xbox 360. Then jumping in late when they formed this league over at MM. I got in and here we are.

My main other interest is playing Professional Level racquetball on the www.irt-tour.com and playing amateur events for Cash prizes. Been playing competivley since I was 13 years old. I am currently ranked around 30th in the world in the pros and am 2005 National Champion in the 25+ division. I am going back to Houston at the end of the month to try and grab another National title. I won a bunch of State and Regional Titles for money....it is pretty much a lifestyle......I play and train around 5 days a week.

PS my girlfriend is alsoa racquetball player and thats how we met....she is also a National and World Champion as a junior back in the day....she is starting to play again. She is a mean bitch on that court.

Here is a recent pic or my waiting for a serve.
    [​IMG]

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i am nowhere near as cool as that guy......

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]
    Bryan Clark, 34 yo

I'm the type of guy who pulls into a $3 do-it-yourself car wash with exactly three bucks in my wallet and no quarters to be found in the car, and needs 5 minutes and 10 seconds to wash my shitty car, but the $3 only gets you five minutes.

[​IMG]

I have been talking about Madden/Ea football games on the various message boards since earlier than 1998. At some point in the early 2000's NCAA started gaining more of my attention and I started liking it due to the pageantry of the college game, the vastly larger number of teams and venues, and the shorter annual schedule. These days I'm 100% NCAA, I could never go back to Madden unless the game was vastly superior to NCAA. I have really gotten into the recruiting aspect, I would say along with Bruce80 and JFosh I am among the foremost "scourerers" (as Rusty put it) for incoming talent in T1 - I will scout players for hours in the preseason.

As for my personal life, I'm married to a lovely Mexican girl named Ana, her cooking has made me fat as you can see in the picture and I honestly think it's worth it, her food is that good. We so far have no kids, but we really feel like we're ready now and that may be on the horizon.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Shit I have done that......lol sux! Scrambling looking under the seats for 1 more quarter before that 30 sec buffer runs out!

13. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

^^^^ I rolled to the ESPY's with that 3 dollar guy......

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Freakin JMS ruins everything, even the ^^^^^ posts ;)

Edit: And since you did, you know that's unfotunately about the best picture ever taken of my ugly arse.

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

and your winning streak will be next!:bangnana:

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oh noes...

Actually I'm kinda scared, you guys look good this year. Take it easy on us will ya :monkeybutt:

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The whole Big Ten is scary this year.

Ok whos next......Juggy? Who are you!?!?!?

18. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Greg Luce, 37 Northern Virginia.
    I grew up right outside of Washington DC, lived here all my life except for a year In Radford Virginia trying to figure out what to do with my life. (I'm still not sure 17 some odd years later)
    I currently work at George Maon University as a Network Infrastructure Engineer. Single, still lookin for that japanese video game chic with the last name of Sony or Mitsubishi (y)
    [​IMG]

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Is George Maon university a new school? :D

But seriously, if you wanna find yourself an asian girl you need to move somewhere, can't be many there right? But highly, HIGHLY recommended, my uncle is married to one. She gets up an hour before him every day to iron his clothes and make him breakfast, and every time I look over during family functions she's giving him a back massage, I mean she dotes on that mofo. I'm jealous as hell. Aah eff you greg for making me hate my life :)

20. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

There is actually a buttload around here. One of the reasons i never moved away is becuase its such a huge melting part in this area.

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Dude then just get on one of those hookup sites. Literally the only downside to dating an Asian chick is that they are very much about the money, i.e. you supporting them. I'm not saying they're incapable of love or anything like that, but they're definitely looking for security in exchange for the fact that they wait on you hand and foot.

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey Greggor thanks for the Facebook add!!!

(do you regret it yet)

23. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

"Puts Helli back on shitlist" Juggs jumped back on the list last night,lol.

24. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hey fellas,

The name is Jordan Cantor, I'm a 22 year old physiology student at Michigan State University. I was born in San Diego, CA, but moved to MI when I was 5 and now live in Grand Rapids, MI.

I have one semester of undergrad left and then I plan on getting into dental or PA school. Right now I work at a doctor's office doing charts...very exciting.

I've had a steady GF for almost 3 years now, will probably be marrying her in the relatively near future.

I've been a tennis player since I was 8 years old. Was a #1 seed in the state tournament in high school, and just recently went to the club tennis national championships in Arizona for the first time with my MSU team. I've also coached tennis for 5 years.

My sports teams are: Detroit Tigers, Detroit Lions, Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Pistons, MSU Spartans, and the San Diego Chargers.

I've been playing video games since the sega genesis came out, and have always been a sports video games type of guy. I love NCAA football, especially with the decline of the Madden franchise of late (anyone else extremely ticked off with this years version?).

I am a huge connoisseur of both wine and beer. If you can name it I've probably tasted it. My parents are big wine fans, and my gf's dad is a huge beer fan, so I've had my fair share of exposure to both. I also visited New Zealand this past winter and had my eye's opened to some great wines and beers from down under.

[​IMG]
    My buddy and I with TJ Duckett at a local bar at Michigan State. Im on the left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Me and the GF at comerica park

25. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    My name is Ronnie Hurst for those who I haven't had the chance to meet yet. I'm fixing to be 23 and will be graduating Texas A&M University in just a few short weeks with a Bachelor's in Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering. I'll be working as an application engineer starting in June in Houston, Tx for Flowserve. I'm also in the process of buying my first home, so times have been extremely busy for me lately. I've been dating my high school sweetheart for over seven years now. That whole marriage concept has come up a lot (mainly from people not in our relationship) and will wait until we are settled and have enough money to do that whole thing. We aren't in a hurry.

I'm a sports nut. Although I am athletic, I tend to take a more technical approach to activities and that has rendered a lot of success. I played football, soccer, and baseball in high school. I see fundamentals as components in a system and enjoy breaking down people's swings and making adjustments. My senior year, I had a .430 batting average with three triples and was All-district. I had interest from some smaller schools to play in college, but I got on an academic scholarship to attend A&M. After a few years of adjusting to the rigorous scholastic requirements of my major, I walked on to the Texas A&M Paintball Team and it has kept me sane ever since. We recently just got back from Lakeland, FL where we competed in the National Championships and took second place (over 55 teams there including Virginia Tech (Sanders) and Penn State(Jms)). I also have followed recruiting for several years. I consider myself a decent evaluator of talent and an effective scout. I also fancy myself as a mechanic as my Dad and grandfather have passed on decades of knowledge from our late nights in the garage fixing all the cars that the women in our family destroy.

I got into sports gaming very young. I had Madden 94, NHL 95, and RBI Baseball 94 on Sega Genesis and have evolved since. I don't consider myself a good gamer, but I will say that I approach the game a little differently. I'll play a lot of different games, but prefer things that are co-op. I recently realized that I enjoy the social aspect of a game and I suppose this is why I feel at home here at TF. This is a great community full of a lot of cool cats that I probably wouldn't have met otherwise.

Sorry, that got a bit long and boring... now for pics.

[​IMG]
    Me sliding into my primary bunker...

[​IMG]
    Close up shot...

[​IMG]
    Me and the old lady. I know what you are thinking, and yes, she is of age. In fact, she's older than I am.