Get To Know Ya's

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by broth262, Jun 8, 2012.

1. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I know most everyone has probably done the site-wide version but I think if you have a group that knows eachother personally they are more likely to stick together, and it also makes it a more competitive and fun atmosphere. So with that in mind I figure I would kick it off.

KnightNoles
    DrunkenSoldier
    mikedredd
    redwings8831
    krtgolfing
    trevorg234
    Papa Perry
    chance17

Name: Brian Rothman
    PSN: Broth262

I have had many nicknames in my life and my favorite is B-roth and after awhile some of my friends just called me broth, and hence my username today. I grew up in Baltimore, the youngest of 3, all boys. My mother grew up in Baltimore and went to Maryland and she loved sports and it rubbed off on me. I have been a sports fan my whole life, and I root for my hometown teams (i.e. Ravens, Orioles, Terps, Capitals). The first football game I ever saw live was a Maryland football game in the mid 90's when Lamont Jordan and the Maryland Terrapins got run up and down the field by NC State, but since then I have been hooked.

I went to college with the hope of becoming a Collegiate football coach. So I got a job working as a student equipment manager for the University of Maryland Terrapins. It is an amazing experience that is full of hard work but I thoroughly enjoy it. This year will be even cooler as I get to trave to every road game. I attend every practice and am a part of the team, which is a very cool thing for me. Plus learning the plays and getting the inside scoop on personnel changes and even uniform changes is really neat. And this is a picture of me at work:
    [​IMG]

As for video games I have been playing NCAA since I believe 2002 when someone from FSU was on the cover but his name escapes me at the moment. I dabbled in NCAA Gamebreaker in the 90's as well, but growing up I was a Madden kid. I had played every Madden starting in about 1996 all the way until Madden 08, when I had gotten completely fed up with the Madden product and turned my focus towards NCAA. Have been a die hard NCAA gamer since.

Umm, I can't think of what else to write, so I guess take it from here!

• Like Like x 2
  2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Steal my thunder huh! :mad:

You will be forgiven if you score me FSU-Maryland tickets

• Like Like x 2
  3. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Name: Ryan Taylor
    PSN: CaniacFan86
    I currently go to school at UNC Charlotte studying mechanical engineering. You would think that since it is not UNC Chapel Hill that the campus would be pretty small, but you would be so wrong.. The campus has about 25,00 undergraduate students. I had no clue until I actually started here. I am a rising Senior and will be a senior starting in the fall semester. I root for a wide range of teams. In the NFL i root for the Carolina Panthers, NCAA Basketball I root for the tarheels, NCAA Football I root for the tarheels and the florida gatrs (where my dad went), NHL I like the Carolina Hurricanes (i.e. Caniacfan86), NBA I have no preference, MLB the Atlanta Braves, and soccer I root for Real Madrid.

I enjoy playing golf in my spare time. I use to be down to a 2 handicap golfer. Now its up to about a 10. I use to work in the golf business where I use to work at a private course in SC call Colleton River plantation. Their was two courses designed by Nicklaus and Dye. I also worked at two courses at Kiawah Island. Worked inside at Turtle point and also worked caddie at the Ocean course!! So I am obviously excited for the PGA Championship in August! I will steal my dads tickets for the days he does not go haha!!

I love a playing a wide range of video games. I grew up playing Fifa. Tiger woods, NCAA, and Madden. Now a days I still play Fifa, Madden, NCAA , NHL, Battlefield 3, and just about anything in those video game genres.. I do not know what else to say so whoever is next go ahead!!!

Below is a picture of me at TPC Sawgrass!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  4. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Score me some MAryland at unc tickets haha!!! JK man that is a prety cool job.. I thought about doing something with sports but realized that there are not that much opportunities!!!

5. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    As long as noone in my family wants my tickets I am more then happy to give them away.

6. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I was totally kidding man.. No worries.. Ill probably try and go to one of there games since I have never been to an NCAA game only NFL

7. chance17

chance17 Walk On

Name: Michael Chance (nickname is just Chance)
    PSN: CashmanJenkins

I've done a bunch of random stuff in my life. Jazz saxophonist, hard rock lead guitarist/singer, 7 yrs at a Dairy Queen that's in my family, ran a rock wall for a while and loved it, played (at various levels of competition) off-guard, closing pitcher, tennis, and LWB/LM in soccer. My brother was a star LB with 4.4 speed way back in the day, but I didn't play football because our coach had no idea that the forward pass had been legalized and the commutes and paperwork were too long to deal with to transfer. Our local sports culture was pretty much all basketball anyways.

Football became a passion of mine in college (Murray State University). My roommate and I played NCAA whenever we weren't in class or at the gym or on the field. We went to the national championship in flag football (lost in the opening round because we ended up being one man less than a full team) and started a full-contact "club" where every Wednesday night was beat-the-snot-out-of-each-other football until the lights went out.

Eventually, I ended up deciding to keep on doing what I was better than everyone else at and that's why I'm a chemist working on a Ph.D at the University of South Carolina. I deal with stuff like X-rays, neutrons, and uranium. A lot of what I spend time on is metal and glass work (welding, fabricating, glassblowing). NASA, DOE, and DOD fund our research (when we get funding). My job is to grow crystals of things nobody has ever made before and then write up a report for scientific journals.

Facts:
    - Coming up on 4 yrs happily married to my awesome art teacher wife
    - My work has allowed me to get clearance at Oak Ridge National Lab and Y-12 National Security Complex (history=manhatten project)
    - Not as good at NCAA as I think I am and I spend way more time on this junk than I should
    - Can still throw 9 distinct pitches (2-seamer, 4-seamer, circle change, knuckle curve, 12-6 curve, knuckleball, splitter, screwball, and a special submarine-slurve I developed that breaks a ton and is scary as shit if you bat right handed)
    - Still trying to beat Battletoads on occasion
    - Cheap as hell e.g. my last Madden was '08, Fifa '10, NCAA '11, Tiger Woods '06, MLB '10 the Show, CH2k8 (my hand is forced on that one)
    - Not quite sure what good twitter is

• Like Like x 2
  8. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I almost went to South Carolina. If they had told me I had received a scholarship before I had decided to go to Maryland could've been a different story. The campus is beautiful!

9. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Name: Trevor Glisan
    PSN: trevorg234
    Twitter: @t_wg
    Facebook: I no longer exist on Facebook, leaving some to believe that I don't exist at all anymore

Well, my name is Trevor and I'm from Macomb, IL. After debating between Illinois, Miami (FL), and WIU, I chose to attend Western Illinois University, a small school of roughly 12k undergrads. We're D-1 FCS, but a bunch of NFL pro bowlers and Super Bowl champs have come out of here like Rodney Harrison, Rich Seubert, Mike Scifres, Frank Winters, and many more. I love going to games out here even though it isn't exactly a Big-Ten atmosphere.

My passion for college football began while watching Kurt Kittner lead the Illini in the late-90s. I was also a huge fan of the Hurricanes in the early 2000s because they were simply better than everybody else. I am a baseball fan first and foremost (Go Cards!), and wish I had actually put forth effort to land a baseball scholarship out of high school. However, college football definitely ranks #2 on my fan list. I love everything about it from the pregame tailgating, to the bands, and the tradition that each program brings.

Now on to some personal factoids:
    -I am an Accountancy major with a Computer Science minor
    -I have a wonderful girlfriend that I hope to pop the question to before the year is up
    -My favorite athlete of all-time could go to a number of players. Names that come to mind include Scott Rolen, Gary Payton, Jim Edmonds, and many more, but I think Scotty Ro' definitely gets the nod. He was the perfect blend of defensive ability and offensive skill that you just don't ever see. My favorite football player in college was probably Willis McGahee with the 'Canes.
    -NCAA online dynasty is my favorite game mode for any game out there to date

I'm really hoping we have a great '13 and beyond. I've wanted to find a consistent league for years now and it appears that I have finally found that on this site. Good luck to everybody this year and going forward!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Name: Mike Rivas
    PSN: mikedredd
    twitter: mikedredd1

A little older than some of you guys, I live in Moreno Valley, CA about 50 miles east of Los Angeles and grew up in San Diego, CA. Played baseball and fooball in high school, was pretty good at both, being an option quarterback (which is why I like mobile QBs in NCAA) and starting second baseman, played JC in baseball, until I got into some troubles that scared off my opportunities as far as sports went. After dodging that legal bullet I lost interest for school and just kinda let it go, I work now at a distribution center as a receiving supervisor, I have custody of my nearly 14 year old daughter. She was having troubles, but seems to be adjusting to living with dad.

Notable:

Picked up the nickname Dredd (originally mikeydreads) because my buddies would rag on me cuz I also complained about everything i.e "man I dread having to see so and so tomorrow, or I dread going in to work tomorrow, started off calling me mikeydreads (you know the opposite of mikey likes it!), eventually became dredd, I know its different but yeah.

Favorite teams are in order USC Trojans, Oakland Raiders, LA Lakers, LA Dodgers (wow I'm a homer! lol)

Play alot of video games because I am home alot because if you leave teenaged girls unsupervised...

Have in the last yr become a Christian, and am learning alot about that and exploring the new life I have in Jesus Christ (I try not to bang Christ on people but am in no way ashamed of my love for God)

I am a little rough around the edges, grew up in a place I lost many friends to, my young life was filled with the things inner city movies are made of, but through luck, hard work, my faith and the grace of God I have started to see life differently and I enjoy life more now.

Okay stop the sad music lol, I look forward to playing the game with you guys, I know Nick (KnightNoles) from this past yr and he is a good guy who always beats me but hey, I am not that good anyways, but I love NCAA football and I am excited for the new season

• Like Like x 3
  11. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I'm gonna bump this thread seeing how we have a new group of members then when we started.

• Like Like x 1
  12. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Name: Jordan "Webbs" VanWesten
    PSN: webbs6212

I grew up in a small town in southwest Minnesota. Barely 100 people total. Went to the smallest independent high school in Minnesota. I played 4 years of football, 3 years of track and 2 of basketball. Should have played all 4 since we won 3 state championships and 3 runner-ups in a span of 7 years. Also spent a lot of time at the local race tracks helping my dad race. Also did a little driving myself. I didn't go to college for any sports, didn't get a scholarship offer to play football any where. I decided to go to Iowa Lakes Community College for Automotive Tech. I passed in the top 5 of my class and couldn't find a job to save my life. Now I'm currently employed at AGCO in Jackson, MN. Also do some small work for FRC (Fast Race Car) LLC. I'm also engaged to the love of my life, Lexy. We plan on getting married in Vegas next Christmas.

Facts about myself:
    Favorite Sports teams: Iowa Hawkeyes and Minnesota Vikings
    Favorite Athlete: Jared Allen Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Sports Accolades: 3 year starter varsity football, 1 Buffalo Ridge All-Conference First team, 1 Buffalo Ridge All-Conference Second team, 1 Southern Confederacy All-Conference First team. 10 First place shot-put ribbons, 7 second place ribbons, numerous others. 3 heat race wins, 1 B feature win and 2 A main wins in a B-Mod.
    Hobbys: PS3, Racing, Football

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  13. chance17

chance17 Walk On

So you're the "car talk" guy of the group, right?

• Like Like x 1
  14. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

U can say that lol

15. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I think we need some more posts in here with the guys that have joined.

16. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I'll update mine sometime soon.

17. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Name: Lawon Mathis
    PSN: MrWitness36

Sup fella's I'm originally from Atlanta, Ga go Dawgs !!! I played football and Ran track in high school 4 years. After high school I attended Shorter University on a football scholarship for two years until my position coach DB's wasn't seeing eye to eye anymore I decided to hang the cleats up. Shortly after that I joined the Navy which I'm currently in to see the world and give back to my country. I'm married to my high school sweetheart Andrea and we have 2beautiful baby girls together names Sayniah and Arianna. I enjoy to watch a good football game or play one. I've been playing Ncaa online since 2006 slowly see myself getting better at it lol.

I just joined the dynasty not that long ago. Thanks for letting me joined and I expect to have a lot of fun with you guys.

Facts:
    - Favorite sports teams: Atlanta Hawks, Braves, Falcons and Georgia Bulldogs
    - Favorite Athlete: Bo Jackson the man can do it all.
    - My spare time I like to play all sports games Nba 2k,Mlb the show, Madden and Fifa 13
    - Not as good at NCAA as I think I am but I like to the completion and challenges that Ncaa has to offer

• Like Like x 3
  18. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Good to have another Jawga boi around. I hope you stick around, you a really good player.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

I know SEC country we got to represent lol. Thanks bro I'm looking forward to our games I barely slipped away last game.

20. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Welcome to s2n from Big Ten territory. This is one of the best PS3 leagues on the site, so I'm sure you will really enjoy it. I wouldn't want to be in any other league.

• Like Like x 2