Get to know you, Awwww....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Jmustang1968, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Well, a couple season under my belt, and being the new guy around, I realized I dont know much about the other guys I am gaming with in here. I know some of you have been gaming together for a few years now, and probably know each others stories already. But here is mine, and if you guys wanna contribute your bit back as well that'd be cool...

I just turned 28 and I live and work in the Houston area. I grew up in San Antonio and went to school at Texas A&M and UTSA (they are getting and FBS team in a couple years) . Graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering. I will be married for 3 years in January to my high school sweetheart from the dance team type of thing, but no kids, and none really planned on the horizon. We are both fairly selfish with our free time, and we realize how nice it is when the nieces and nephews go home after visiting a few days haha!

As I somewhat pointed out before, I am a rare breed of sports fan and geek. I grew up playing all kinds of sports and was a 4 year letterman and All-state wrestler, and a 2 yr varsity O-line starter in High School. I even walked on at A&M the summer between Soph and Jr years as a DT, the first year Coach Fran came on. My class schedule and not being important enough as a walk on was too difficult to juggle both. They own your life during the fall semester, so I have a little more sympathy to some of the guys who major in basket weaving and have admiration for the guys with advanced degrees. I was recruited by several smaller D2 and D3 schools, but wanted a more solid engineering school. I was offered a walk on to A&M as a freshman after I told my HS coach of my intentions to go there, but I think at that time I was more interested in the college fun and girls... So I guess I would've been a :1stars:recruit in NCAA lol...I kinda regret not doing it now.

But I was also the guy after practice who came home and tinkered with computers, and played final fantasy or baldurs gate, or also madden. I also was (sometimes to my schoolworks downfall) fairly addicted to World of Warcraft through some of college. My other love and hobby besides sports and games, is my power-toys. I have '10 SS Camaro that is a blast. I also have a Honda VTX1300 cruiser, and my namesake, my 68 Stang. After driving it through college, the mustang hasnt been drivable in a couple years. It is now going to be my restoration project of the future. The thing is, finding time to fit in all of these things is the toughest part.

Been online gaming in Madden and NCAA since I guess 05, when it went live on xbox. I got in with the Unitedleagues, and still play in the leagues there. They however, never have implemented the online dynasties, and the dynasties are where I have the most fun. It is kind of the perfect mixture of RPG and sports.

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I guess no one felt it worth their time to contribute their story back eh? hehe, oh well...

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

If you havent noticed we have some jerks around here, that dont answer questions....

Went to Slippery Rock University in Pennsylvania.... played basketball two years broke my foot....got lazy stop playin.... met my wife up there.... moved to Rockville, MD after school in 2000, been here ever since..... I used to coach freshman basketball for a local private school, now i just referee ( less time consuming) I been playing college football since Bill Walsh, was a major Madden head til around 2006, its been just NCAA and NBA since then.... hobbies... NCAA... i got two boys who are 4 and 2... future NCAA addicts.... already asking to play.... sigh... .

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya I have been playing Madden since 93 on the genesis, and before then Tecmo Bowl and John Elways football on NES. I didnt really get into the NCAA scene until about 01-02 when I started college. Always more of a pro fan, and still am (real football). However, the past 2 years I have played more NCAA than Madden, and I pretty much attribute this to NCAA's much superior online dynasty/franchise mode.

uh oh, how long until the kids get on when you arent home and decide they wanna help KState win the Big XII??

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

feel free to come meet my guys....and buy a PS3 ;)

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/meet-the-members.38549/

I wouldn't have thought that....but at the same time no one responds to my post in here I have noticed...lol

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Sorry, it needed a bump, I just saw it. I'll be back in a second.

8. Iron Mickey

i knew it had to be something!!! racists!! lol

9. Iron Mickey

or regional racists!!

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
  11. Iron Mickey

okay okay.....you got me there

NOT!!!!!! Dont make me whoop up on you shaun

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Actually I do have a PS3... I have, I guess, an admittedly sick obsession with collecting video games... I have every recent console and handheld, and more than 1 of some of them, and 2 gaming PCs (3 if counting my wife's). One is my main, while the other is hooked up to my gameroom tv as a media PC...

My biggest limitation is time. I have a bunch of games on my backlog still in the plastic wrapper on my 'to-play' list. However, I find myself putting most of my time into NCAA or Madden each year coupled with whatever PC game I am playing at the time...

13. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

You know what they say Shaun, imitation is the best form of flattery

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'll try to be concise here:

I was born in Ohio to a murderer and a drug addict, so I moved between family members, so I moved like this: Ohio->Florida->Ohio->Colorado->Ohio->Colorado->Ohio->Georgia->Ohio, then I turned 16. I graduated from a Podunk little high school (48 people in my class).

Because my home life was a wreck, I moved out and took my 10 year old brother with me. I did a couple of things for the next for years.
    1. Worked full time.
    2. I spent a few years being angry (click for stories)
    3. Screwed around at Ohio State for a couple of years learning nothing worthwhile.

This wasn't cutting it for my brother and I, so I started working full time AND started college full time in 2002 (age 22). Fast forward 4 years later and I graduated from Ohio Northern University with a Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering. I worked for a few years at Siemens AG as a software developer/general IT flunky then left there and started working for Honda, where I am a software developer. About the same time I met my wife and I have 3 step children and a beautiful little girl.

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You know I am fragile.

16. Iron Mickey

:p

17. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Quick summary: Played Juco baseball, realized I wasn't good enough to really do anything with baseball past juco/Div II, so started studying graduated from Ole Miss, and then decided to go to law school because my history professor told me that I couldn't do anything with a History degree other than teach, and that I could always go back to teaching. Went to law school and had a blast, some of the best times of my life.

Graduated, moved to Jackson MS, where I was able to live in a garbage apartment but saved money like a miser until I was able to afford a house which I still think will be the greatest house I will ever live in. I met my future wife, got married and after a few years we decided to move back to the Gulf Coast where both of our families are from. All of my family is from New Orleans and are just ridiculous, her family is a little more normal and are from Mobile, AL, where we live now.

We have two kids and actually have a third on the way. Not sure what we are thinking at all.

Ive been playing football on a gaming system since that hand held football game with the red dot.

18. JrRawlins

Ohio Northern.... wow i almost went to school out there... til i actually went to the damn school and realized Ada, Ohio is smack in the middle of the boonies, and there were maybe 3 other black people in a 50 mile radius, i took my ass to the Rock...

19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Those were some interesting stories... (this one and the linked fighting stories) I have had some similar experiences with my family, but more mild than what you went though. My dad has quite the anger problem, made worse by drug usage, and especially so while he was younger...

I guess I am fortunate to not have been in many fights. Though I am fairly laid back, I don't back down and am protective of friends and family... For me, I am a pretty large man, if you couldnt tell from my football positions, so most people dont fuck with me. Funny thing is, most of the conflicts I have been in has been with a small dude who thinks he is tough shit and is trying to show off to his buddies or girl how tough he is by picking a fight with a big guy. In another thread, I had also related my history as a bouncer at the only strip club in College Station. I got in several encounters, chest bumping kinda stuff, but never a fight as usually the dude's friends would take him away before it escalated.

My most recent fight was back in college at one of my good friends bday parties out on some land. Eventually a group of wannabe thug types showed up. Some friends of a friend of a friend type of thing. They started causing trouble and then my friend tried to get them to leave. He was drunk, said his piece, and turned his back from the guy and walked away (big mistake) as the guy saw his cheapshot window and hit him over the back of the head with a bottle. I leapt in and was in a scrap with about 6 little mexican wannabe gangster types (not being racist but giving a mental pic of who they were as they were all about 5'5 to 5'7 150ish lbs fighting a 6'2 315 lb guy). And while doing this, I had to attempt to restrain my 110 lb younger sister with a busted bottle in her hand thinking she needed to help protect me (got some of my dads temper). All my personal buddies were too drunk and passed out at this time to help. After busting a few heads and throwing a couple guys on the ground (go wrestling moves!) they all kinda formed a semi circle around me. One would get close, and try to throw a quick punch in from the side, but I would turn towards them and they would back up. This weird, and looking back on it, pretty funny situation lasted for about 30-45 seconds until the owner of the house came back outside with a shotgun and cleared them out. We left not too long after, and found out the next day, that later that morning, that group went and picked up some guns after leaving intending to come back to the party. They were however pulled over by cops for driving erratic and arrested. Lucky thing for the rest of my friends who stayed there for sure...

20. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm 24 years old and just graduate with a degree in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering from Texas A&M back in May of '09. I've been with my current girlfriend for almost 9 years (in January). There is talk of us getting married, but neither of us really believe in it as an institution. I need to get her on my medical benefits, though. So it will happen soon. Probably a Justice of the Peace type of deal. We have two dogs that take up way more time than they should. My girl is a registered veterinary technician and does what she loves.

[​IMG]
    (They are a bit older than this picture. Both are ~ 60 lbs)

I grew up in Waco (or Wack-O) where all of my family is from. I played high school baseball, football and soccer. Had to stop playing football due to migraines. Soccer was a means to stay in shape for baseball season until I developed a respect for the sport and the athletes that are good at it. Baseball is where I shined, per say. I have a good arm and played the outfield and closed. I hit .430 my senior year with 3 triples and I was in the top of the RBI and doubles category in the central texas area. Got some interest from some smaller schools to come play in college, but I already knew I wanted to go into engineering. I received an Academic scholarship from both A&M and Texas in Austin. Decided I hated UT's campus and fell in love with College Station. First generation college graduate. I played for the tournament paintball team while at A&M. We lost in the National Championship game my senior year, so we became really good. We were not recognized nationally or even locally when I started with the team. Now they are currently ranked #1 in the nation, have several lines (Maroon, White, Silver, Black = farm system), we have a practice facility on campus where we can shoot reballs (an old gym at the top of the old rec building on campus). Pretty proud to leave a mark.

[​IMG]
    (I'm the runner on the far side. #8)

[​IMG]

I currently reside in Houston. I hate this damn city. I'm 3.5 hours away from my folks, which is tough sometimes. I'm the oldest of 4 with the youngest being 12 currently. With college and my current job I missed a lot of him growing up T-ball, school plays and the like. All the shit you would normally take for granted. He's a good kid and wants to go to A&M and do engineering to follow in the steps of his brother. Glad he has me to look up to. My other little brother (22) is currently in federal prison outside of Dallas.

I'm currently an on-site Applications Engineer for a company who manufacturers and services of Pumps, Valves and Mechanical Seals. I work in the Mechanical seal division and am currently nested on-site in a chemical plant where I am in charge of the seal program for that customer. I've been out there for a few months now and am learning a LOT. One thing that sucks is that I can't be one the site as much as I used to. Glad guys like OM have stepped up and helped keep this dynasty moving.

21. Iron Mickey

who is the manufacturer?

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    When I lived in Ohio, I lived about 5 miles from ONU. So I was used to the boonies already. When I went there, ONU was the college campus furthest from a McDonalds. I feel you about only being 3 black people. Below is a picture of my brother and I when my daughter is born.

[​IMG]

23. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I'll go ...

I'm 25, born in Lynchburg, Virginia (Jerry Falwell Country). Went to Virginia Tech for 5 years where I graduated with degrees in English and Communication. Baseball is my favorite sport, huge Mets fan, with college football second. I was never good enough to do anything with baseball after high school. I'm getting married in August, and I'm hoping to move to Blacksburg, Virginia (Virginia Tech). I'm currently working in an Emergency Room. I hope to be a teacher next year, and am student-teaching this coming January, about an hour away from my home (not looking forward to that). I am an only child. I love sports, anything outdoors, video games, skiing. I love technology. I don't know what else to say.

24. JrRawlins

yeah ill never forget my visit there.... i was riding like umm.... why the fuck is it so flat out here? and where are the damn people at? its all good though, i got a pretty cool Black and orange ONU hoodie.... and when i where it... people look like what the fuck is ONU? yeah i still wear it from time to time 15 years later...