Get to know you

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by charter04, Sep 8, 2010.

1. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Get to know you

I know the main reason for this Dynasty was to play a dynasty with sim players and have good fun and competition. So far, so good. This has been awesome. Not just because I went to the NC game. It really has been very fun. It has made my love for The NCAA Football series that much more.

This is also a Dynasty to get to know people. It's not that any of us probably need any more friends, but it never hurts to have more. I for one am married with a child and have a great relationship with my Dad and a best friend that lives in Red Oak, Texas. I also am a pastor of a church and good relationships with people at my church. However the I really only have one friend that somewhat shares my love for sports gaming. It has been really cool to meet a group of guys that share that love.

I want to get to know everyone a little better so I thought I would do a few survey type questions.

What games do you play besides NCAA Football?

When did you get into sports gaming?

What are your favorite movies, TV shows, and books?

What teams do you root for?

What is you all time favorite video game?

That should be a good start. Anyone else can think of some good questions too.

For me the answers would be. Madden NFL 11, MW 2, Mass effect 1 and 2, Fall out 3, Zelda for NES (seriously I started playing it a few weeks ago), Tecmo Super Bowl for NES (Using the Rams), NFL 2K5, Fable 2 (My wife has played that game more than me)

I got into sports gaming with John Elway’s QB. Me and my dad played all the time until I discover regular and reverse plays. He got made and never played me again.

My movies are the original Star Wars Movies, TV would be Seinfeld, and book other than the Bible would be The Pistol.

Tecmo Super Bowl would be my favorite video game. The new football games are better of course but nothing replaces that first time I played that game. 11 verses 11!! I couldn't believe it. Funny how picky we are about sports games now! No refs on the field!! This game is unplayable. LOL anyway would love to hear from others.

2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

And I root for the STL in baseball, Dallas in the NFL, Arkansas in everything.

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Great idea Charter :)

What games do you play besides NCAA Football?- Right now this is about it. I occasionally play FPS games on the PC (I hate them on the Xbox mouse, keyboard and mods is the way to go). Also like RPG's on the PC. And I love wargames (combat mission, war in the pacific, etc.). I guess right now what I am playing besides NCAA is BFBC 2 and Civ 4. Also play MMOs occasionally and loved Asherons Call and EQ2.

When did you get into sports gaming? 90's I guess?

What are your favorite movies, TV shows, and books? Favorite movie is Saving Private Ryan. 2nd fave would be Pulp Fiction. And then the LOTR trilogy.

TV shows- Sitcoms (I dont have the patience for dramas and what not) so Frasier, Big Bang Theory, Cheers, Mash, Family Guy and the Office

What teams do you root for? Steelers, Eagles, White Sox, Phillies, Pirates, 76'ers, Flyers, Penn State, Pitt, Miami.

What is you all time favorite video game? Counterstrike, COD 4, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo 2... Hard to pick one.

Favorite Book: Probably Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy. I love all of his books. I also really liked Shogun and Pillars of the Earth and of course the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Cool. I know people who only play FPS on the PC. I have never played one on the PC. I started playing all video games with a Paddle, Joy Stick, or NES control, so trying to do anything with a Keyboard and mouse is very hard for me. I didn't start playing FPS until GR for 360.

I love the LOTR trilogy. I have also read the Hobbit, and all the LOTR books. I am a jock/nerd if that is possible.

5. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

What games do you play besides NCAA Football? Typically when I am not playing football for the dynasties, you will see me on Call of Duty. The group of guys that I play XBox with on a regular basis generally only play the CODs so I am usually with them. On occasion we will play Tiger Woods 11 for a change of pace and even Blur. I have started playing some of the Red Dead Redemption single player recently and am having some fun with that.

When did you get into sports gaming? As soon as the family got the NES and the versions of Mario got boring, I started leaning towards the sports games.

What are your favorite movies, TV shows, and books? I honestly don't read for entertainment. My job requires me to sit in front of a computer and read all day, so when I get home in the evenings, I steer towards the TV and videogames. Shows that I watch regularly are White Collar and Burn Notice. I liked the show Monk before the series ended. Favorite movie right now is probably Taken.

What teams do you root for? I was born in Philly and then moved to Baltimore at a very early age, so I have loyalties to both cities. Works out well since the teams are in opposite leagues. Eagles, Ravens, Orioles, Phillies. If it came down to a Philly - Baltimore matchup, I'd root for the Baltimore teams.

What is you all time favorite video game? Final Fantasy VII. Before I entered the world of online gaming, I would play this all the time when someone wasn't around to play some multi player game with me. There was so much to do in this game, so it kept me occupied. I beat the game several times, but never completed all of the side quests.

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

A Ravens fan? Ugh... I absolutely hate the Ravens. With a passion.

7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Yea I also love the COD games. Well, COD 4 and MW2 anyway. I am more of a fan of the modern style shooters. I used to play a lot more but sports games have taken a lot of my time here lately.
    My parents love Monk. I never really got into it.

8. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I tend to stay in the sports genre. Madden Football I always get, so I can attempt to build a dynasty with NCAA's draft classes. MLB 2k series is a must, and some of the most enjoyment I get. Tiger Woods and FIFA are also enjoyable games. Then it's the Call of Duty series, and maybe some random ones like Skate, or Pure.

My first sports game was Madden 96 I think, for the Sega Genesis. Then Gameday '98 took my friends and I by storm. After a few years off, in about 2002 I got back into it, and have owned every NCAA Football game since.

TV Shows : True Blood, Fringe, Warehouse 13, White Collar, Chuck

NFL : Cowboys. NBA : Mavericks. NHL : Stars. MLB : Texas Rangers. NCAA Football : SMU. Premier League : Sunderland.

NCAA Football, by far. Back with PS1, I had a game called 'Driver' that was absolutely addicting as well.

9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I never had Gameday 98. A Friend did and I borrowed it. It was pretty good. Chuck is a great show. For some reason my 56 year old loves it. I like it too but he watches every episode.

10. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Yeah, well my whole family is from Philly so they are die hard Eagles fans, but since we moved from there to Baltimore before I was 1, I never really got to root for them the way the rest of my family did. Once the Ravens showed up in town, that is all we had on TV, so that became the team of choice for me.

11. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Three of my friends and I used to use the extension to get all four of us to play on the same team in Gameday 98. When we were on defense, we'd crush the computer.

Chuck is great, my problem was that I saw the first season and a half after I downloaded them, so in about two weeks. Now waiting between seasons, and every week between episodes drives me nuts.

12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I just noticed that that sentence should have been my 56 year old dad. I left out the word dad for some reason.

Yea, I'm just glad they didn't cancel it like they do every good show.

13. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I grew up playing every type of game possible. A couple of years into college it turned into a few sports games NCAA 2K NBA 2K Madden and NCAA Football and then GTA series. Then the last years of college my 360 was almost non-existent.

Recently this year I've gotten reacquainted with my 360. I really enjoyed Assassins Creed, Try to get into fallout but got tired of dieing out in the wasteland, Loved Red dead redemption, I'm not great at multiplayer shooting games but I had some good times with BFBC 2. I did not get madden this year because it's all about franchise mode for me. I am looking forward to NBA 2K this year. So I'm opening back up to any game that's great.

I will say my favorite game concept of all time was NFL Head Coach. With a few minor tweaks and one more updated version that game can have me forever, and NCAA Basketball 2K8 which I think I've played more than any other game in my life.

When I was a little kid around 6 or 7 (27 now) on my Nintendo playing tecmo bowl... however super tecmo bowl was my favorite. Even as a little kid I was all about dynasty, as I would play multiple seasons never turning my system off.

What are your favorite movies, TV shows, and books? Movies, I'll watch anything good... don't really have favorites. TV Shows... too many to count, that's why my tivo is always recording... To name a few, Survivor, Amazing Race, Law & Orders, Criminal Minds, CSI, The office, Dateline and more... Books I read a lot of non-fiction informative books, finance related, power, habits, planning, those type of topics and All of my Accounting text books!!

#1) Carolina Panthers!!! They are above all other teams in all other sports.
    #2) Charlotte Bobcats is my team, but from years to years I like different teams a lot also... Currently I really like the Thunder, and with all the hate on the Miami Heat lately I am now pulling for them.
    #3) College Football I am split between a few teams. I lived in Ann Arbor for 7 years while growing up so I am a Wolverine Fan (RR finally getting things right, D. Robinson was very impressive week 1!! I think Michigan is in the National Championship Game next year if RR does not get fired). Growing up in S.Carolina also I am A Clemson and USC (The real one in S.Carolina) fan.
    #4) Michigan, UNC for College basketball
    #5) Hockey the Hurricanes, but I don't really follow them or watch hockey besides olympics and maybe a post season game or two.
    #6) Team Kyle Busch #1 In nascar followed by Team Jeff Gordon

Answered this in question #1

14. charter04

charter04 Walk On

As far as fall out 3 goes. I tried to play that game on the normal difficulty and it was so frustrating. I couldn't get enough ammo to survive. Let me give you a little advice that helped me with it. Play on easy. I know, I know, its not what the cool kids do. I just don't care. I wanted to see the story and enjoy the game. It's not that I don't love a good challenge, that type of game just takes too long when you are dieing a lot. Also just stick with the main quest. I did those to things and loved the game so much. The story is awesome. Let me know if you give it a try. I also have the game book. A must for a Bethesda game.

15. charter04

charter04 Walk On

How many people grew up playing the Contra for the NES? That is one of my favorite games of all time. Me and my best friend growing up played that every time I went to his house. We would use the Kanomi code of course but it was so much fun. I also have the live arcade version, it is really the arcade version of the game not the NES version, and it has been fun. I somehow beat the game without the code, by myself. I couldn't believe it! Anybody else a fan of that game or any other classic NES type of game?

16. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I had NES, but Sega was my favorite gaming console.

I played the holy hell out of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

17. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Yea Sega was my next console. It hadn't come out yet when we got the NES. My best friend got the Sega first. He had the original unit. I had the smaller version. He had Bulls vrs Lakers. That game was awesome at the time. Then I got one and that is all we played. Mortal Kombat was great. I have the arcade version on my 360. So cool. I played to many sports game on my Sega. NBA live 95 was the best. It just took things to a new level. My friend had the PC version of that game and it was much better.

18. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

Well, starting on Tuesday I'll be playing some serious Halo:Reach. Ya'll are welcome to join me there. I'm also going back through Fable 2 in anticipation of Fable 3. I also enjoy MLB: The Show on PS3, the Assassin's Creed series, XBLA games like Plants vs. Zombies, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake.

My first memories of sports gaming are RBI Baseball and Tecmo Bowl. Classics. I still have an old NES and from time to time will throw those babies in.

Movies - Anchorman, LOTR Series, Star Wars (except Ep. 1), Fight Club, Billy Madison, Seven, Rounders

TV - Seinfeld, MST3K, Friday Night Lights, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Always Sunny in Philly, The Soup

DA BEARS, White Sox, Auburn Football, Indiana Basketball. I hate the NBA.

Probably the original Quake. Sunk some serious hours into that with my buddies back in the day.

19. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Other than your favorite teams, I could have read this and thought it was me! I loved the RBI Baseball games. I even played them on Sega. All those movies are some of my fav's. I still watch Episode one of Star Wars even though it's the worst. It at least has Darth Maul and Qui-Gon Jinn. It's also the only one to show Anakin as a boy. I just wish they never would have created Jar Jar Binks. That still baffles me.

I also am a big MST3K fan. I have watched many that I have never seen on Netflix streaming. Curb is one of the funniest shows on tv. Being a Seinfeld fan makes that show even better.

A lot of good favorites.

20. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

Yeah, I was always bummed because the DVD sets of MST3K are a total ripoff, something like $50 for 3 or 4 episodes. Those are by far the greatest thing available on Netflix streaming. I've got about 20 of them in my queue.

Honestly, Episode One wouldn't be a terrible movie if it was based on a different series, but it just doesn't feel like Star Wars to me.