Get To Know Your H@W Friends

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Woody, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Woody

Woody Walk On

Ever wonder what the person on the other side of your Madden game does for a living? Maybe you wondered what kind of hobbies this person has. Maybe you even wondered where they live. Now is your chance to find out. We'd love to know more about everyone. Share as much or as little as you'd like. Below is a little guideline to help you along. You can use it or just freestyle.

Where in the world do you live?

What is your occupation?

Favorite sports teams?

What hobbies do you have or what do you do for fun?

What other games do you enjoy outside of Madden?

Favorite movies?

What would you like to see from H@W during the last few seasons of Madden 16?

Anything else you'd like to share?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. Woody

Woody Walk On

Where in the world do you live? I live in Central Pennsylvania. About 30 miles north of Harrisburg, PA

What is your occupation?
    I work for a money order company. I'm sort of the jack of all trades. I have my hands in a little bit of everything. Most of it involves sitting at a desk all day

Favorite sports teams?
    I'm mostly a football fan. I never miss an Eagles game even if I have to DVR it. I know this is going to sound strange but I'm a Flyers and Capitals fan. The reason I'm a Capitals fan is because I used to be a Hershey Bears season ticket holder. It's fun watching some of the guys go through the AHL and get their shot at the NHL.

Football, football football. I eat, drink, sleep football. I coach the local youth football team. I'm also the President of the organization.

Right now I'm playing alot of The Division. I used to be into shooters but as I've gotten older and my reaction time has slowed down, I'm more of an RPG type player.

Favorite movies?
    I'm a huge fan of comedy. The stupider, the better. The Jackass movies. It doesn't matter how many times I watch that, I can't stop laughing

I'd like to see H@W stay right on track. I know a lot of people have been getting burnt out but I'm having a blast. I don't win a lot of games, but I don't care. I'm learning alot and having a good ol time.

Anything else you would like to share? Let's see. I'm married with 2 kids. Those 2 little monster are in everything. We are always busy doing something. In the spring, it's soccer for both of them plus my daughter does gymnastics. The fall is really crazy. Both kids play soccer, I coach football, my daughter also does cheerleading and gymnastics. It gets a little hectic.

• Like Like x 4
  3. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

United State of 'Murica. I was born in Indianapolis and grew up in Tucson, AZ.

What is your occupation?

I'm an Operations Analyst. It's as boring as it sounds.

Favorite sports teams?

Indianapolis Colts. Arizona Wildcats. I have a rooting interest for the Cardinals just because they were the only team I could watch for 15 years. It helps that Bruce Arians has been such a big part of the Colts the last few decades, between helping Manning and Luck.

Games, movies, hanging out with friends. I use to be a bit of a wild child, but I've calmed down now that I've joined the corporate machine.

All of them. But seriously, Dragon Age and Mass Effect games are near the top, along with Borderlands. I'm not much of a multiplayer anymore, but I did play WoW when I was younger and loved Black Ops 1 and 2. I'm a huge fan of the total war series and any strategy related game, especially an old fashioned match up of chess.

Favorite movies?

Fight Club, V for Vendetta, Best of the Best, Matrix (the first, not the trilogy), Mad Max, Expendables, The Departed, Boondock Saints, Shoot 'Em Up, Good Will Hunting, DEADPOOL and so many more.

I would like to see Freakskull sing Gunther's ding dong song

RaiderRed90 is pretty girl.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. RFF

RFF Walk On

Grew up in Houston, TX and recently lived there for another 2-3 years as an adult. Also lived in Chicago for ~9 years during & after college. Moved to Atlanta a little over a year ago for work.

What is your occupation?

I head up customer analytics for a national retailer.

Favorite sports teams?

Texans, Rockets. Definitely a hardcore X's & O's football geek/junkie.

Gaming of all kinds for as long as I can remember. Also play guitar, basketball, tennis, and with a little puppy.

Strategy games (turn-based & real-time) are my wheelhouse: Starcraft, Civilization. Heroes of the Storm. Elder Scrolls Online. Used to play FPS super competitively (led a team, structured practices, invite-only leagues, etc.) years ago when I had much more time. Also played around in the MMO/raiding world for a while (Lord of the Rings Online).

Favorite movies?

Indiana Jones, Star Wars

Activity.

Not that I'm the best player around, but for anyone with a losing record, I'm happy to share some tips. They may not instantaneously lead to supreme Madden domination, since I don't focus too much on specific plays, but long-term they will help. I can share how I approach the game philosophically & strategically, which I feel is the primary reason I win games. One of these days I may try to host a defensive clinic like Keller once did for offense, for teams ~below .500 in non-simmed games. I'm one step too competitive to just show already strong players how to beat me. :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. davev3

davev3 Walk On

Charlotte, NC.

What is your occupation?

Software Developer

Favorite sports teams?

Panthers, Hornets, Hurricanes, and the Gamecocks.

I play guitar and sing. Also, hiking, camping, and kayaking.

Fallout 4, Skyrim, Farcry, Portal, TF2 on occasion when I need to blow off some steam.

Favorite movies?

Action, sci-fi, mind-bending thrillers.

Favorite TV shows
    Mr. Robot! Walking Dead, Colony, Bosch, Game of Thrones (Read the books twice)

Dunno. I haven't even played my first game yet. ;)

I'm not very good. You guys are gonna cream me. I'm hoping that makes me better. My goal is to play against Cam Newton online (he regularly takes on fans in the off-season) and beat him.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Concord, NC

What is your occupation?

I am the Parts Manager and apart of the pit crew for Action Express Racing.

Favorite sports teams?

Carolina Panthers, Florida State Seminoles, Liverpool FC, Charlotte Hornets, Atlanta Braves

Play Video Games, Work Out, Watch Movies...Pretty boring person lol

Fifa, NBA2K, League of Legends

Favorite movies?

Star Wars, Deadpool, and any comedy movie.

Less CPU games lol

[​IMG]

davev3 Thats awesome you live in Charlotte bro

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. davev3

davev3 Walk On

Yep, Indian Trail specifically. I work in Huntersville.

8. Sir g Neville

Sir g Neville Walk On

Born and raised in Manchester, UK. I moved to Orange County, CA in 2015.

What is your occupation?

I work at Disneyland

Favorite sports teams?

Manchester United FC, Fenerbahce, Sale sharks. I don't really follow an NFL team yet, hopefully they will create a UK franchise for me to support!

I will try any sport or activity, I play 'soccer', rugby and train BJJ on a weekly basis. I love to kayak and surf fish also.

Fifa, the division, UFC

Favorite movies?

Happy Gilmore is my all time favourite, recently I loved the Mad Max remake.

For everyone to keep up what they are doing, I'm having a lot of fun and hoping I can make a long run in the playoffs!

Great post Woody !

• Like Like x 2
  9. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Dude I work out in Denver thats crazy lol

10. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Freakskull

Currently Gaithersburg, Maryland. I have been all over, but spent lots of time in PA, Las Vegas, San Bernadino, D.C. Virginia, etc.

What is your occupation?
    Public servant

Favorite sports teams?
    Steelers. Penguins. Pirates. I also follow the Burgundy and Gold and Nationals since I am in the National Capitol.

Barbies (with my 3 year old daughter.) Games, a little home remodeling.

You name it. Currently, its Stardew Valley (see 3 year old) Fallout 4, The Division, and I can't wait for the next Total War - Warhammer. I am also thinking about getting UFC2.

Favorite movies?
    Hard to get a short list, but I would say the most influential movies I have seen: Forrest Gump, Martyrs, Boondock Saints. Inception and Shutter Island were great too. I really connect with the Marvel Universe too, especially Iron Man. I thought they were fantastic. Too Many more to list.

New members having a good time. The evolution of the H@W Brand: Fun fair and realistic football gaming. No Drama, lots of content and fun.

Yes - thanks for starting this thread - I have an idea for another that I will post asap.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BigK44

BigK44 Walk On

I have lived in Minnesota my whole life.
    What is your occupation?
    Carpenter, I build pole sheds full time for my grandpa. I also own a small side business doing service work on buildings and garage doors.
    Favorite sports teams?
    I'm a die hard Vikings fan and football is my favorite sport. I watch NASCAR pretty religiously also. Go #18!!
    Motorcycling, snowboarding, frolf (frisbee golf, if you're not into the whole brevity thing), the local short track, bowling and trap shooting
    Been playing a lot Black Ops 3 zombies since they came out with the new map. Forza 6, NHL, and NBA2k all get into the rotation also.
    Favorite movies?
    The Big Lebowski, Forrest Gump, and Tommy Boy
    Just keep chugging along. H@W is a different type of league than the norm is looking for; with the longer advance, the sim season, and the expectations of the league itself. It takes a certain type of person to want to play in this league and a gameplay that allows them to stay. So at 25? 26? right now, we are alright.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Freakskull

Aye Guvnah! You know that the London Black Knights are available! lol.

14. Freakskull

Helping those who ask for it is a great idea!

15. Freakskull

Are there any twitch streams of him playing? If so, we can help you analyse his plays and get a jump start... :)

16. Sir g Neville

Sir g Neville Walk On

I was actually tempted to take them! I have a good thing going in New York though, maybe madden 17 I'll have to take a team over to the promised land!

17. davev3

davev3 Walk On

I'll be sure to look!