Getting a few things finalized

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Getting a few things finalized

All...

Is everyone OK with the usual 8 min quarters, no accel? That's been our gold standard, I don't see much reason to change.

Regarding rules, I'll be porting over our MEGA rules and looking through them to see if they need any refreshing based on console stuff.

I do think we need a plan for subs. If a sub is needed, I can manually remove an owner from the league and then reinvite them. That's a last minute option though, but it would work.

We'll discuss the offseason stuff later on in the year, probably around the midway point so guys know what to expect.

2. Josh

Josh Guest

In 4thn1 we haven't allowed subs. We'll allow guys to play the cpu though. Removing owners/adding owners is a pain in the rear end. Also, while it is a change, we went to 7m quarters from 8 in PC. Not sure if it's too much of a difference, but I can play a full game without feeling like it's been a full marathon. Just some random info.

3. Mags

Cool, thanks for the feedback Josh. I'll have to take a look and see how many plays you guys are averaging. We've always gone with 8 (PC world), so I figured we'd keep status quo.

Yah, the 'sub' thing would be a pain in the ass. The reason I bring it up is that I'd rather have a guy play the CPU (removing the other owner) rather than having no control over a simmed outcome in the interest of fairness.

If you, or Nate(?) have any other feedback from what you've noticed so far, please feel free to share.

4. Mags

Cool, thanks for the feedback Josh. I'll have to take a look and see how many plays you guys are averaging. We've always gone with 8 (PC world), so I figured we'd keep status quo.

Yah, the 'sub' thing would be a pain in the ass. The reason I bring it up is that I'd rather have a guy play the CPU (removing the other owner) rather than having no control over a simmed outcome in the interest of fairness.

If you, or Nate(?) have any other feedback from what you've noticed so far, please feel free to share.

5. Josh

Josh Guest

Can't they play the CPU without having to remove the owners? I thought you could, but can't confirm it yet.

6. Mags

No, or not that I'm aware of. You shouldn't be able to (under the premise that an owner could just do that which would screw things up b/c we can't throw out or reset games played).

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

in college dynasties there is a way to put owners on auto-pilot. im assuming you would have found that already, but if u havent looked there may be a similar feature although im really not sure.

8. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

I don't think there is going to be an "easy" way around it. So, my vote would be for the absent owner to played by CPU. The 1 thing is that I would say the game cannot be "restarted". You get 1 crack at it.

9. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Just letting you guys know that I speak out on weekends a lot, so there maybe 2 r 3 advances on weekends where I'll have to be set to cpu

10. Mags

Not a problem sir.

11. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Is there going to be a way to monitor this, or just on the honor roll?

12. stealth

stealth Walk On

mags can tell in the franny i believe

13. Mags

Yeah, you can see how many times a game was started.

14. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Yea, scared. If you go to the schedule page inside the franny, I think it's labeled "TS" for Times Started. I've seen 0, 1, 2, and 3 in there.

Mags, is that what it means?

15. Mags

Yep, that's it.

16. bambam

bambam Walk On

Shouldnt of told anyone where it was, and waited for them to lie...lol

17. Mags

Hehehe... nice.

18. scarface

scarface Walk On

is there going to be a rule on this?

19. Mags

Yes, there will be. I'm working on revisions. :)

20. Millertime

Millertime Guest

I'm just getting up to speed.... If we're advancing twice a week and playing the games in order as they are on the schedule (I'm thrilled about that by the way), I think it's best for the available owner to play the CPU when the other owner is unavailable. Of course, we have to make sure BOTH owners make the effort to schedule well in advance so there's no confusion. With this less flexible advance setup, we can't have the "I was here, where were you?" type of BS. In cases where both owners are available to play, but at different times, I assume the RC will have to decide who gets to play the game. Hopefully those are the exceptions, not the rule.

21. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

I say we go by seniority. (y)