Getting H4Y to premier status.

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Full Moon Fever, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Talk about it in here. Leave the Ohidaho Feud thread for good ol' threats and trashtalking.

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

A) Getting rid of Qwon
    B) Getting rid of Qwon
    C) Getting rid of Qwon

Done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Your words...They hurt sometimes...

4. nikpin

Ah, I say these things out of love!

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Quit putting up 70 plus points every time you play a crappy CPU team you douche bags! I say this out of love...love and discontent.

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Ya this league will never be premier as long as JQwon is a member and snoopy is dropping 100 points

7. nikpin

FIFY

8. Full Moon Fever

You mean a soph hb that's leading the Heisman race with 97 carries for 1074 yards and 23 touchdowns on a team averaging 63 points/game isn't realistic?

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I think you're the bigger disease to this league...

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

You're not kidding are you? Damn...

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Don't worry...I'll piss off the higher ups enough to get our league some more recognition... I'm sure they all like me

12. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

any chance we have at premier you guys are throwing away. congrats
    You're a hell of a salesman Fever.

13. Full Moon Fever

In Snoopy's defense, his numbers are off the charts because he's played 2 against the East already.

• Like Like x 1
  14. nikpin

Meh honestly it ain't shit. This league shit's on the chest of the premier league I'm in and if they want to exclude us from their good ole boy's club who cares.

15. Full Moon Fever

After thinking....

1. All members of a premier league have to pay up.
    2. I don't think Qwon would pay up.

Soo...let's go premier. We ditch the resident dewsh and get cute little sig buttons.

16. DirtycashDylan

let's not get ahead of ourselves, we should be given premier status but if we aren't, yes, this league will still kick ass.

17. DirtycashDylan

It's gonna take more than all members paying up this next go round. It'll also take things like content, activity, etc. but we have it all so it shouldn't matter.

18. nikpin

I'll sponsor him.

19. Full Moon Fever

20. DirtycashDylan

I'll say one more thing on the subject. If you guys want us to go premier you gotta stop being so self destructive. Most standard leagues want to go premier, not just us, and most wont be chosen. Announcing and embellishing our shortcomings and saying 'look at us', while funny on our board, isn't helping our site-wide perception. Qwon is a special case but this league wouldn't be what it is without Qwon. His douchiness adds invaluable humour and entertainment to the league and most enjoy beating Qwon over anyone else.

21. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Wow, Dylan dropping a bomb of seriousness on the Hard4Yards plains

22. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I guess this isn't gonna cut it anymore: [​IMG]

23. Full Moon Fever

A few serious thoughts on the subject as well.

1. I joined this site (lifetime) and this league to have fun playing with like-minded people that respect the game, play it as it was meant to be played, and have no lives/care enough about it to write detailed articles and content. Hard4Yards has that.

2. Hard4Yards has everything you could possibly want. User Games galore. Excellent communication -both in scheduling threads and through text messages. Great content- some on here post great postgame write-ups (and I know mine were better when the site wasn't blocked at work. But whatever. We've got Nik putting in all kinds of time for preseason and postseason all conference teams. We have recruiting updates and breakdowns. We move at a fantastic pace but still all get our games in. I haven't checked out all of the other leagues but I bet there aren't any that are further along than we are. And add to that that we're all in the same conference so everybody's getting a minimum of 8 user games-that makes our pace an even bigger a complishment than it would if we did that 3 teams to a conference set-up.

Weve also got solid rivalries going. There's East v West pride, the Ohidaho Feud, Nik vs Everybody else, and I'm sure there are some more in the East that Im leaving out. There's rarely a dull day on our boards. If there is, somebody steps up whether it's JQwon story time or a Draft status update or just talking about movies or boobies or whatever. This league is what every other league wants to be. And we're earning our talent, not starting the game with 6 A+ pitches and trying to decide whether to recruit the #3 or the #6 HB. A testament to that is our turnover rate. Since the league started, I think only 4 of the 12 teams don't have the original coaches and only MTSU hasn't been filled with a solid, long-time player. Hell, Recchem killed his wife so he could come back and play with us. That's dedication bro. We've got people recruiting from funerals, hospitals, bachelor parties, strip clubs...this group is legendary.

If he powers that be decide they just want to take a cursory look and see that we play with crap teams and have a few efights and decide we're not "premier" material, so be it. Hard4Yards gives me everything I could ever want in an online dynasty and his league alone has been worth every penny of the lifetime membership I paid.

Do we goof off and give each over crap? Hell yes. I wouldn't want it any other way.

• Like Like x 3
  24. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You're welcome.

25. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Despite all the jokes about the crappiness of my team and the fact that I'm the league's whipping boy, I just want to say that I have absolutely enjoyed being a part of this league and I just wish that I had even more time to contribute to the Dynasty outside of the games. It has been very well run and despite my really poor record, I feel it has helped to make me an even better player. The ongoing feuds are hilarious, the rivalries are entertaining and this league stands up to any of the others I have seen on the site. I look forward to continuing my important role as soon as I get back home and plan on exacting a whole lot of revenge the remainder of this cycle of the dynasty and in our next one.

There, that should be a good endorsement.