1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Getting Old Sucks

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by onaradio34, Dec 2, 2010.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Got talked into playing in a YMCA 4-on-4 B-ball league. Haven't played in a long time so I went and played a few pickup games with the lunch crowd yesterday. Thank god I have today off. My lower back has sharp pain shooting through it, I have about 60% range of motion in my left arm thanks to my shoulder being jacked up, the knuckle on my middle finger is swelled from a good stubbing that made that nice "thud" sound as the ball connected perfectly with the tip of my straightened finger...

I'm only 29 and 3 games did this to me. The worst part is, my first league game is tonight.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Lol, nice. Good luck man!

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'm dreading those days. I'm 22 and play basketball multiple times a week. Not looking forward to my body not liking the workout lol

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I was the same way. I could walk in, immediately get picked up, and run for 2-3 hrs straight. Worst thing you had to worry about was an ankle twisting.

Now, you gotta stretch and that horseshit. I got to the Y at 5:45 and my game wasn't till 6:15. 30 minutes off stretching and warming up.

5. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Man it sucks. I'm only 25 but my knee are all sorts of messed up from football in high school. I don't work out much anymore but even when I did, playing softball would kill me

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Gosh, I think my wife has you all beat. She has had 6 surgeries on her right hip and 1 on her left hip. The last 2 surgeries were hip replacements this year, one in July and the other was Monday,

She is only 29.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Wow guys. I've aged well. I'm a fatass but I can still hold my own most of the time there's any type of athletics going on. And I've had zero surgeries, zero broken bones, etc. etc.

I am however extremely tired all the time; that was before I just had a baby.

doh

8. Keller

I think I'm in this category. Still fine, just way out of shape. Need cardio.

9. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I'm a fat guy now too. I had a pretty bad knee injury. I tore all stabilizing muscles in my right knee and had a big tear in my acl. It wasn't a complete tear and they gave me option of surgery or just let it be and rehab. I chose the later because I wanted to play my sr season. Looking back now I should have done the surgery

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Shut up you skinny bastard.

11. Keller

Lol why you gotta be all salty about it Chewy?

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Ahh, I'm sick.