Getting some talk going here...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ociu, Jul 11, 2010.

1. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Getting some talk going here...

In my opinion, College Football's all about the rivalries. I'm an Indiana fan, and games against Purdue and Kentucky (and to a lesser extent Illinois) just mean more than any other game could.

Who do you guys follow? What wins are you still feeling good about after this past season, and what losses still sting from even a few years ago?

The IU win over Purdue in 2007 that took us to the Insight Bowl will always be special to me. Not only did we win on a 50 yarder within the last minute, but it was over our hated rival and gave us a good end to an emotional season.

On the other end, I'm still ticked about getting the game taken away from us at Michigan. The refs totally forgot the simultaneous catch rule, and we essentially had a chance to make a drive that would beat Meechigan at the Big House stolen away from our hands.

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I am a huge notre dame fan, and the game back in 2005 when ND lost to USC in the final seconds still burns me. It has recently been reopened up by the reggie bush scandal at USC unfolding. Bush was a HUGE reason they won that game, and scored on that drive. If he was in eligable then he shouldn't have been playing and ND would have beaten USC and gotten into a better bowl game.

3. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

I've always been a fan of Florida and Georgia Tech and I was going to say I was upset about the SEC Championship game but when a team gets beaten that bad there isn't much to complain about. The Orange Bowl last year left a bad taste in my mouth for GT. They looked absolutely terrible

4. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

I go to Mizzou so, naturally, I bleed black and gold. And it probably comes to no suprise that the most exciting game I attended last year was the Mizzou-KU game at arrowhead stadium where Mizzou won the game with a field goal in the last 2 seconds of the game.

Side note- there was a KU fan at the game that punched one of my friends in the face and got kicked out before the game even started LOL!

5. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

I always love watching the Mizzou-KU game because its like watching an Arena Football game.

6. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

ASU fan so I always watch against USC and Arizona, of course we lose every year to USC....oh well

7. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

I'm a student at Miss St so I'm a huge Miss St. I hate Ole Miss.
    We just got a great young HC last year, Dan Mullen. Guy can coach.
    Had a rough season at 5-7 but we showed a lot of promise. We beat Cotton Bowl Champs Ole Miss 42-27. Go look at youtupe, it was ugly.

Almost beat LSU.
    Almost beat Houston.
    Scared the shit out of Florida.

8. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

I was definitely worried about Miss St. when I saw them on the Gators schedule. Dan Mullen is an AMAZING coach. Miss St. is going to be up there with some of the best in the SEC very very soon

9. cuaacards

cuaacards Walk On

I am a diehard Michigan State fan. The best game every year is always the Michigan game and they have been mostly classics the past 10 years. I think 3 or 4 overtime games, another 2 or so coming down to the last few possessions. Ive been to over half of them, even those at the Big Hole. As far as games that sting from last year, Central and Iowa. Theres nothin worse than walking out of a silent stadium after the opponent rips your heart out on the last play.