Getting the game early?

Discussion in 'MLB: The Show' started by Townie33, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

Getting the game early?

I know many have tried to get the game early over the years. But it seems this year just might be the year to make it actually happen. I read yesterday that since this year's cover is so similar to last year's, stores are mistakingly putting the new version on shelves by mistake. It gets better! Some are even selling the new version at discount prices since they are selling at last year's price.

So it might be worth your effort to wander in to your local Wal-Mart or Target and glance into the glass and see if they have accidentally restocked with The Show '11. And if you score please let us all know!!!

Happy hunting.

2. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

not sure howthey could sell it at walmart or target since they scan the UPC's and all street date releases block the sale of the item before the street date.

3. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

I don't make the news, I just simply report it! LOL

But I will be out looking like I always am. I ALWAYS find some kid who WILL go in the back and find the game in the box for me. Sometimes I get stopped by the scanner, sometimes I don't. It's the "game within the game." ;)

4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Thats why those people work at walmart.

No offense to anyone here who works at walmart - I kid.

5. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I can just imagine The Dude wandering local walmarts and targets around chicagoland with a white russian in hand. "Hey man, do you guys have MLB The Show 11?"
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

good one

7. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Gettin it 2nite - Boo-Ya

8. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

Damn! Thought I for SURE had it yesterday @ Target. They had MLB2K11 on the shelf. They had The Show PSP version on the shelf. I ask the kid and he says, "If it's not on the shelf then we must be out, cause I emptied the box already today." Argh!