Getting the game

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Full Moon Fever, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

How are you fools getting the game? Amazon has it for 44.99. But to get it delivered on release day it's an extra 7-11 bucks. Trying to decide if I want to order it through Amazon and just get it a week late or just go by and buy it Tuesday morning.

2. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I've done it through Amazon a lot and release day shipping usually only costs $1 for non-prime members. Are you sure you're looking at release day shipping and not next-day air or something like that?

3. Full Moon Fever

From what I can gather there was a small window where Amazon offered release day shipping to non-prime members for $.99. They've done away with that though. Now it says for release day delivery you have to choose 1 day or 2 day shipping, which are between 7 and 12 bucks I think.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Got mine through Worst Buy using the credit card. I have the season ticket thing so I should be able to start messing with the game come Friday late night (y)

5. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Wow, you're right. Just logged in with my work account and it has similar numbers for shipping. Hopefully it's just the timing of trying to buy it rather than a change in shipping costs.

But anyway, if it were me, I would still buy it on Amazon due to the discount. If you go to a store and buy it, then you'll be paying ~$5 in tax while there's no tax on Amazon. So you're paying $7 for shipping while saving $15 in the retail price. Should save you about $13 in the long run.

6. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I did Amazon with .99 for release day shipping. It was money last year.

7. Full Moon Fever

Last year Amazon offered free release day shipping and a $20 credit with preorder. This year the game's 45 but the release day shipping is no more. After taxes, it's showing up as a final cost of 57 bucks for release day shipping. Don't know if that's really worth it. Last year it didn't come until 6:30 p.m. Which was actually fine then. But I just had a major back surgery and I'm gonna be at home in the recliner all day anyway. I think I'll just spend a couple of extra bucks and get the game early in the morning at Walmart.

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'm doing it old school...driving to the Wal-Mart down the street a few days after it comes out

9. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Should have bought it before Amazon started charging tax.

10. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I'll probably just go pick it up at gamestop on release day morning.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

I'd pay an extra $10 for NCAA 13 from GameStop if I went in there and they DIDN'T spend 15 minutes trying to get me to preorder this or that game, and become a power reward zone member for this or that thing, and try to save $5 today on this or that thing....

FUCK GAMESTOP

• Like Like x 1
  12. Full Moon Fever

No crap. That's why I won't go in there anymore. The last time I went in there was to buy Skyrim, and I had to get adamant that I didnt want the guy to bring out the new Skyrim statuary thingy he had just gotten. The guy actually hassled me for a couple of minutes. No I don't want that. If I wanted the strategy guide I'd grab it from the rack right here beside me. And no I'm not preordering halo 4 or call of duty 7 or whatever the hell you're selling me. F that place.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bl0ndeRedHead

The best is when you go in to buy a used game, they give you the whole "If you sign up to be a premier gamestop member for $29.95/yr you get to save 15% off all used games, plus you get a FREE used game worth up to $25 with the initial registration. So this used Madden 12 that you're buying for $39.99 will be $33.99 AND you get a used game of your choice for FREE, RIGHT NOW OMG!!! That means if you give us $30 right now, you're getting $6 off Madden AND a free $25 game, which is $31, a dollar MORE than the cost of our membership! Plus who knows how much savings you'll get when you buy used games every month!!!"

Fuck off faggot I came here for one fucking game, not to buy Madden for $34 AND give you another $30, just so I can get a free shitty used game.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steamer43

lol ya it does suck. I went for the midnight release of 2k12 and they just wanted to get everyone their game ASAP which was nice though.

15. Full Moon Fever

Yeah the midnight release crowds keep them from doing that upsell crap. When I lived in Lubbock it was a college town so the gamestops had midnight releases for NCAA. My first year in Frisco they had one but last year they stopped it. When I asked if they were doing a midnight release and he said no, I started to walk out. He tarted talking about how if I preordered it though I'd get a code for a 5 star RTG player! If I want a 5 * RTG player I'll not play like a dumbass and make one. Hell with that.

16. Steamer43

lol lame ass 5* RTG perks. Only one of our gamestops does midnight releases that I'm aware of and I don't think they've ever had one for NCAA. I just called and they said they don't know yet.

17. Bl0ndeRedHead

It really surprises me the game developers allow places like GameStop to exist, they're the middleman that fills up their own pockets while fucking over the customer and developer.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

going to pick up the season pass version, then go to wally world after work and get the actual game.

19. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

And here I thought it was just my gamestop. Nice to know its gamestop's policy nationwide to force their employees to be complete douches to customers.

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

Is there any better feeling than buying a game at GameStop and the employee NOT berating you? It's sad when your company's customers get excited that you treat them like every other sales based company on the planet and just let you walk in an give them money

• Like Like x 1
  21. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Gamestop is the fucking worst......I'm a 35 yr old man......I got shit to do....I don't need you try to sell me Halo 4, strategy guides, powerup memeberships........just give me what I asked for and let me leave you god damn tool....

What I hate is when they try to upselll...and you are like nah I'm good....then they keep trying to upsell to you.....I told this 1 gamestop worker "My man...enough!!! I just want a used copy of Uncharted 3. Thats it!!!" Get the fuck on!!!!"

22. Bl0ndeRedHead

And the pre-order shit they force down your throat..."CoD Black Ops 2 is only 8 months away! If you don't preorder it today you won't be able to buy it until a month after it comes out cuz EVERYBODY is preordering it!"

No thanks ass, I guarantee I can show up the day after it comes out and you'll have 47 copies available

23. Full Moon Fever

Next time they pull the preorder crap I'm going to tell them I have some disease and only have about a month to live anyway. I need to look up terminal illnesses.

• Like Like x 1
  24. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

One of my worst was when me and nikpin went at midnight to Gamestop to get NCAA one year like we always did. And they have some scantily clad attractive girl there handing out the games...not sure why that was necessary but they did. Nik and I hear this chick talking to some other guy that works there about how she's going to some party as soon as she gets done with this crap. Then we get to the front of the line and this bitch, who was probably younger than us, says "Have fun gaming boys!"

I don't know who I wanted to slap more...her or myself.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Full Moon Fever

Welp. Went by GS and they are doing the midnight release deal. So I guess that settles that. He did sign me up for the powerup crap, but it was free and it's a dead email address so I didn't really care.