Getting to know The E League

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Jul 16, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Since we've had a decent amount of turnover I thought it'd be a good idea to have everyone introduce themselves. I'll start.

My name is Jabbar and I've been in the E since NCAA '10 (though I only played for a month or two of '11 as I HATED that release and it's the only one I didn't play year round). I had my team Michigan that first year, ASU in '12, SMU for '13, and of course now Illinois.

I graduated from MSU with a BSEE in 2001 (yes, I graduated from MSU and yes I'm a Michigan fan). Prior to attending MSU I spent 5 years in the Air Force, all of which (outside of training) was spent in Europe (9 months in Germany, 4 years in Italy). Following MSU I took jobs with HP and then Intel and I've been in Colorado for the last 12 years.

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Not a bad Idea jello!

My name is Ryan. Been with the E since '12 and was a founding member of Legendary Veterans before then. Have loved my time in the E and am looking to expand this amazing league to newer heights. I was my team (Arizona) on '12, then BYU in '13 and now Northwestern.

Currently in school for Electrical Engineering at Wright State after hating Cincinnati (city life is not my element). Got about 2 years of school left then Im not sure what ill do after I graduate yet.

3. jello1717

Have I ever had a bad idea?

I don't recall one.

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Being my rival is on. For me of course, not you.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

What work do you do for Intel?

6. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Colton, but my friends call me Colt 45 (All my jerseys are #45 with Colt above that). I am a volunteer Firefighter and a warehouse manager at Camfil APC. I bleed Tennessee Orange, but I love the Red Wolves (40 yard line front row season ticket holder).

This is my second cycle with the E, played about 4 seasons before having to travel for work last year, came back and finished out the last 2 seasons (maybe 3) of the cycle. I enjoy playing NCAA and fishing and hunting, but most of all, I like beer!

7. Hova

My name is James. I have been around TSO for about 5 years now and actually started back in OFFL West/E/Legacy, I can't remember the exact formation of all of them but it was with some of the original members. More recently I was in E 2 years ago as Miami with a few of the current E members today.

I attend Ferris State University (Grand Rapids Campus) and will be graduating this December with my Bachelors in Computer Science. I currently do a full-time paid internship with a company called Dematic in the IT department. My internship just got extended through December which is great news for me (y).

I am a die hard Detroit Lions fan with no real college football favorites, but I do follow Michigan and MSU. I will never be able to play during a Lion's game as I watch every single game in my hometown with my father and uncle. Huge jay-z fan obviously as well.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

If you don't mind me asking. What nationality is Jabbar?

9. jello1717

Physical design of CPUs.

10. jello1717

My dad was a huge Lakers fan so I'm named after Kareem.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Masler

Masler Moderator

My name is Matt. Been with TSO four years and started off in the OFFL (Old Fellas Football League), even though I wasn't old. Joined the E-League (as it was known back then) in NCAA '10 I believe as the Oklahoma Sooners. With NCAA '11 I took Alabama and drove them right into the ground lol. NCAA '12 saw me end up with Stanford and while I wasn't dominant, I felt my gameplay improved or my opponents were more on my level, nevertheless jello still reigned strong in the Pac 12. And as most of you know I was with Kansas State for the '13 cycle. I have been a member of several leagues around the site but have trimmed it down to a NCAA, Madden and OOTP league in order to keep up with my Commish duties. And most recently TSO was gracious enough to promote me to their staff as a Forum Moderator. It is my job to make sure every league remains healthy and to find solutions to any potential problems.

Obviously I am from Michigan, grew up with Hova, known him since like 1st grade. HUGE Michigan State fan, used to live in the Lansing area and would go to as many Spartan games as I could but with my schedule it really wasn't that many. I did go to the Michigan State - Notre Dame game that involved the "Little Giants" play and will never forget that moment. Currently I am completing my Medical First Responder training before moving onto my department training for the Fire Dept. I also work at a Senior Assisted Living Center with the Dementia Unit. And lastly I am completing my last summer as a Police Cadet (patrol the parks) for the Police Dept (same City as the FD) to help pay for my upcoming wedding in September. I was interested in Criminal Justice before the Fire Dept. sent me through their Academy. I am also the father of a beautiful daughter who is a year and a half old with a ton of attitude already.

I root for the Packers when it comes to Pro Football and will cheer on the Lions as long as the two teams aren't playing each other. I will watch Michigan State basketball but Michigan deserved it more this recent season than we did. And lastly the only other team I religiously follow are the Detroit Tigers, I was born a Tiger fan and will die a Tiger fan.

In a nutshell, this is why I am so busy this summer so if I don't respond right away don't get your vaginas in a wad.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

My little cousin is the exact same way. Adorable, but she will sass you all day. Congrats on all those real life things (job, kid, wedding upcoming).

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

20130716_110517.jpg

That's me and my 2 sons yesterday at the library:) My name is Matt and this is my 4th year the E. In real life I am married,just celebrated our 5th anniversary and we have 2 boys. I am a firefighter/paramedic for a career department. My wife works as a school psychologist. I follow the Wisconsin teams faithfully. We are almost done with our basement so all my bobble heads will soon be proudly displayed in my new mancave.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jello1717

I forgot to add to the OP that my wife and I have been happy married for 13+ years and thankfully we have no kids. We do have 2 St. Bernards and a Lab though.

Where are all the FNGs? So far I've only seen posts from dudes I already know.

15. HoundsOfHowl

Oh yea I'm married, 2 years, she's a kindergarten teacher, and we have a little Yorkie dog

16. HoundsOfHowl

Masler

What's up with all the firemen in this league?

17. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

My name is Bill if you couldn't tell already (all FNGs get 1 mulligan on spelling my user name correctly). I joined The E for the '11 release with Clemson. I believe only Masler, Dakota, and Jello are left from those days (Hova is back). In '12 I was UGA, and last year Baylor. Each year I've had a little more success than the previous, but with Purdue and everyone in B1G I'm not expecting much. I really only play this OD and then some COD and MLB 2K online.

I'm from Indianapolis and live there now doing industrial sales. I went to Purdue and moved to South Carolina for 2 years after that. Came back to Indiana and now I go to just about every home Purdue football and basketball game. So in the fall on Saturday I'm usually unavailable, and occasional week nights in the winter for basketball. I also love fantasy football, beer, hot sauce, and women.

BTFU!!

18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

This is an instant strike against any and all future creditability. Why you would be a fan of a school you didn't attend, no less a fan of a school with such a poor reputation for their fans, I can not fathom. Although you graduated State the same year I graduated high school you were there for the Flintstones who were one of the more respectable runs by a group of guys on a bball court in recent history. I don't count the fab five for the same, well, due to the whole respect issue and greed.

My name is Chris and currently reside in Houston, Texas. I grew up in metro-Detroit area (Livonia) and played soccer in the Olympic development program growing up. I got to travel a ton which was a lot fun. I ended up staying in state when I went to college attending State - no I am NOT a Michigan fan. I moved with my gf at the time to Houston upon graduating. We are now married and just recently celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. She is a project manager in the commercial construction industry for a company that specializes in building hospitals and major disease research centers for the government.

I just completed Ironman Texas back in May. This is a triathlon for those who aren't aware. 2.5 mile swim, 112 mile bike followed by a 26.2 marathon all in the south Texas sun. Took me 12 hours 33 minutes which was good to place 501/2752. Heat index was right around 100 that whole day and lost 8 lbs through the course of the day.

I currently work for a major Oil & Gas service company here who handles all emergency response planning and deliverables in the world both onshore & offshore. There may or may not have been a major Gulf incident we finally resolved for a company once the Feds and Steven Chu got out of the way. I am a contracts manager and enjoy my job.

Currently training for US Championships (triathlon) in Des Moines over Labor Day weekend. I stay very busy doing so but am looking forward to so time off after Labor Day and recharging the batteries.

IMTX3.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  19. jello1717

I'm sure my dogs take dumps bigger than your dog.

20. jello1717

It's pretty simple to understand actually.
    Lifelong Michigan fan.
    Grew up in Lansing, 10 minutes from MSU's campus so it made TONS of financial sense to go to MSU.
    No, I'm not going to stop being a Michigan fan just because I went to MSU.
    Yes, MSU is my 2nd favorite team (but only because I went there) and I root for them in every game except for when they play the only real team in the state of Michigan.

21. jello1717

That was a ton of fun too! I had season tickets in the student section that year (not the Izzone, but the student section in the rafters) and I saw every home game including when they played Michigan and I was in the middle of the student section decked out in my maize and blue. Luckily for me they kicked Michigan's ass that game so I didn't get my ass kicked. (y)

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

We are just cool like that

• Like Like x 3
  23. HoundsOfHowl

That is something I'm glad she doesn't do, hate having to shovel shit or mow with big turds in the backyard

24. HoundsOfHowl

Does this thread mean we should all get together on mics the night of offseason and drink beer and bullshit the whole time...I think so! Make it happen chumps

• Like Like x 2
  25. Hova

for sure! If its not a weekday ;) lol