Getting to know you thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Let's tell each other a little bit about ourselves.
    azreinman
    xSavedByGracex
    the bigg dawgg
    whales30
    Jolts57
    schreck822
    Wick36
    droid43
    Theezy
    cyclonecountry
    EMbow513
    xassassin4lifex
    ==================

My name is Mark and I am 19. Currently I am a student at The Ohio State University and am an undecided major. As far as sports go, I am a Cleveland fan. Go Indians and go Browns! I don't really care about the Cavs except that they are from Cleveland. NBA basketball is basically unwatchable.

With video games, I usually play sports games, but play some other things as well (Elder Scrolls series, used to play CoD, Arma II DayZ mod, etc). Outside of that, I watch a lot of sports. Occasionally play pick up sports.

I have been on the site for 2 years now, which have been pretty nice. I've met some good people, and it's great to have leagues that go year round.

-
    I would recommend that you guys check out other parts of the site as well. Other games have fun leagues and you might stumble upon some interesting discussions/content in other leagues.

Going premier might also be something you want to look into if you like it here and end up being a good fit. It helps support the site and allows you to join premier leagues. However, the best part is access to the chat box (which is free this weekend)... it really helps you get to know people and feel like you're part of a community.

2. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Ohhh I can tell we're going to be friends! I'm a miami native, oh yes, the same Miami with LBJ and the same Miami that got robbed in the 2001 NCG by the refs(my guess is Jim Tressel paid them off). Hah anyway...I'm 25 and I'm currently working in construction as a general foreman for Disney. I'm also working on finishing my BS in math and plan to teach once I finish.

I've been a pretty avid gamer my whole life, but pretty much only play Blizzard games. I also play sports games such as NCAA 13, NBA 2k12, etc. When I'm not gaming or at work/school I'm usually in the weight room. Up until I messed up my back a couple years ago I was training to be an amateur natural bodybuilder, but I still lift quite often. I also play in a rugby club most of the year.

And being from the 305, I'm a huge fan of the Dolphins, Canes, and Heat. I used to follow the Marlins and Panthers but just got bored of both sports.

3. Wick36

It was holding at the line! The ref got an award for that call. :)

4. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Yeah and he better hope I never run into him ^_^ lost quite a bit on that game.

5. cyclonecountry

cyclonecountry Walk On

Hey guys! My name is Ryan and I'm currently on active duty in the US Air Force. I've been in for nearly 8 years now with a little over 2 years to go. I was born and raised in Ames, Iowa- went to Iowa State University- then joined the AF at age 23 (doing the Math, that puts me over 30 ;) ). I've lived in Texas, California, Georgia, Maryland and Egypt. It's been a crazy ride, being in the military, but I think this is going to be my last hurrah. After my 10 years are up, I'll probably end up going back to school and begin work on my MS/PhD in Atmospheric Sciences. That's right. I'm a raging weather geek.

I'm married, will be 7 years this year, with two beautiful girls- ages 4 and 18 months. My wife is going back to school this fall for a second undergrad degree- from the U of Maryland- so now I guess I've gotta support the TERPS too ;)

I'm a huge sports fan- favorite teams are Iowa State (obviously), New York Giants (Dad is from CT), OKC Thunder (Have a lot of friends from OKC), and now that I've been living in the Baltimore/DC area for the past couple of years- Baltimore Orioles, Washington Capitals and DC United. I'm also HUGE into soccer. Been playing nearly my entire life, including a month long tour in Italy after I graduated High School. I still play in a city league and intramurals through the post I'm stationed on.

I'm discovering that I'm pretty rusty with the NCAA franchise, so all you youngins better take it easy on me :D As far as other areas of this community go- I'm definitely going to be getting involved with the FIFA guys, once 13 is released.

6. whales30

whales30 Walk On

My name is Rob and I am 18 and go to the University of North Dakota and I am undecided. I like pretty much all of the Minnesota professional sports teams especially the Vikings and Twins. I love all UND sports but hockey is the only one anybody knows us for, unless Jolts57 remembers the Heat drafting Jerome Beasley and I guess you all know Phil Jackson.

I only play sports games, although I have tried COD but just not my type of games. NCAA is probably my favorite along with NBA 2K, NHL, The Show, and recently FIFA.

7. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

hey everyone. I've been playin a couple of ya to get to know ya game wise. outside of the game my name is David Jones 26 years old I'm 6'4 and played football which I really miss. I live in Louisville Kentucky hence the pick of Louisville. I am a huge cardinal fan. I am also a recent father. wellll recentish lol. my son is almost 7 months. being a father is pretty awesome. ok well enough about that lol. I am employed at ups but I am on disability from work because I had knee surgery at the end of June. had a torn meniscus from playin basketball. it sucks because I am right in the middle of softball season and I'm missing all my games lol. can't wait to play everyone here. from the ones I have talked to it seems we got a good group of guys

8. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

My name is Dylan. I am 15 years old. I live in no mans land, (South Dakota).
    I basically just picked teams when my interest in each sport got larger. Patriots and Lions. Detroit Tigers for baseball. Los Angeles Lakers for when I do watch pro basketball. Then of course I top of my favorite teams with the Washington Capitals of the NHL. I am a huge fan of Ovechkin.
    College teams; I loved Georgia since Knowshon and Stafford. I have no fav NCAA BB team.
    Anyways, I currently have no summer job. I've tried but it just doesn't work out.
    For league sports, I play quarterback or WR/DB for football. Then also there is the pickup games of basketball or even Y-Ball.
    I have been playing online video games since I was in second grade. There's been a number of different games i liked but now is just mainly sporting games and Halo. I'm done with COD.
    I spend most of my time either on my computer (or xbox) or being in the weight room during the summer.

Random assortment that is in. Oh well. There ya go.

9. cyclonecountry

cyclonecountry Walk On

Yeahhhhh! I'll be going to a lot of Caps games this year. I've got a friend who is very well off and gets some really ballin' Caps tickets. Those things are really pricey!

10. whales30

whales30 Walk On

College Hockey > NHL
    Although I will enjoy watching Parise (Went to UND) play for the Wild.

11. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

I love going to Minnesota State hockey games. Mankato isn't that far away.

12. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Haha the Purple Cows, you have to go to the games when they play the Sioux.

13. Wick36

FIFA has a good group. I lack time for the TFL (though I've done a couple seasons), but I play clubs quite a bit.

14. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Hi! My name is Matthew, and I'm 15 years young.
    I live in Tucson, AZ and i'm a sophmore in High school.
    My favorite team is obviously Arizona.
    I'm a HUGE Arizona basketball fan but I love UofA football too.
    For all pro sports i'm pretty much a bandwagon fan :D
    I've played video games since 1st grade.
    My 1st system was a nitendo 64
    I've owned a N64, Gameboy advance, Gameboy SP, PS2(twice),Wii(twice), and of course my Xbox 360.
    I started my Xbox 360 playing NBA live 09 but have mainly played COD and FIFA but have just recently sold MW3 due to how bad it was.
    Fifa is probably the most fun game i've ever played. on FUT I have a 320-140 record.
    I've also owned NCAA football 05,06,08,10,11, and now 13.
    I have also played basketball all of my life and tennis since 5th grade.
    Thanks for reading :p

15. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

I'm going to Mesa on Friday morning for a week. I love it down there. Is Tucson better than the Phoenix/Suburb area?

16. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Well, there is a lot more things to do in phoenix, so if you're only staying there a week it's better than Tucson. And I guess its a preference thing. Tucson is a smaller city, but still big at the same time. Phoenix is just a big city. Also phoenix is always about 5 to 10 degrees hotter than Tucson. So as I said, depends what you like.

17. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

You guys are making me feel old, turning 30 in a couple of months. My wife and I just had our 2nd daughter 2 weeks ago, the oldest is almost 2 years old. Don't be alarmed if you're playing me and hear a lot of commotion in the background ;). My daughter also likes to steal the headset and start yapping too, don't worry, it distracts me more than you.

It's good to see there is one more old man here, and a fellow Iowan no less. Was born and raised in a small town, went to Drake. I am the director of a nonprofit economic development organization so I'm on the road quite a bit promoting my region. I also lead some youth ministries and things in our church that have been a lot of fun.

My grandpa was a huge Notre Dame and Yankees fan, and he indoctrinated me from a young age. Got me hooked on the history and all that good stuff. I follow them both really close, don't really get into the other sports too much any more, NFL bores me and haven't been able to watch NBA since Jordan retired the 2nd time. I play in an adult flag football league and softball when I can, also try to golf a few times a year.

My gaming days go way back to the original Nintendo, still bust out Tecko Super Bowl and Contra from time to time. Went through Genesis, N64, Dreamcast (amazing system for the time), and the last 2 Xboxes. Always been mainly into sports games, but Goldeneye took up a lot of my life through high school, then Halo got me all through college. Now I basically only have time for NCAA.

Probably covers it for now, looking forward to learning more about you all.

18. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Goldeneye has to be one of the greatest games ever.

• Like Like x 1
  19. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Hey Everyone, My name is Elijah, im 16 and i play football in highschool and i live in cincinnati. Im a huge bengals fan and i really dont watch college sports much but i love football. I was a good madden 12 gamer and i made it to the top 100 once. That basically sums me up

20. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

u made top 100 playin sim???

21. droid43

droid43 Walk On

My name is Andrew. I am a 22 year old student at LSU majoring in Health and Physical Education Certification. My final semester starts this fall, and I am looking forward to student teaching. I have bled purple and gold since birth cannot wait to graduate a Tiger. I hope to teach either health or biology and coach football and possibly baseball at the high school level.

I have been playing video games since I was five and received a sega genesis. No matter how bad the new Sonic games are (except generations), I will always have a special place in my heart for the blue hedgehog that introduced me to gaming. I have owned the genesis, N64, gamecube, PS2 and currently own a xbox 360, and PS3.

My first online NCAA experience came in online dynasty of NCAA 11. I joined an all Big 10 expansion dynasty as Purdue (wanting a challenge) and I could not have chosen a better dynasty to join. The other users were great players and played sim style. We had some great games in that dynasty and it seemed as though each of my user games went down to the last possession. Whether it was me giving up a last second TD to Notre Dame to lose my 4 point lead or having the guts to call a run the power o on Iowa's 3 yard line, down 6 with no timeouts and the clock stopped at 8 seconds. I surprised everyone, including myself, by making the Big 10 championship game the first year with an 8-4 record.

I'm really looking forward to this dynasty with you all. I know how much fun a properly run dynasty can be. Hopefully we have a ton of great games and have even more fun in this one.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  22. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Soo, what to say. I am 22 years old. I have a son who just turned one a little over a week ago. I have been playing video games since i was 5 years old and got my first system...a game it. That's when I started with Pokemon. Since then I have owned a n6;, play station, Xbox, and Xbox 360. I always played sports games, but in college 2 years ago, my roommate got me addicted to Madden. We would bounce ideas off each other and always sim plays and lab with each other. That is when I became the football gamer that I am now. I am Definately not as good at NCAA as I am Madden, seeing that I have logged about 700 games of madden 12 and not nearly that in any NCAA game. This year I decided to get NCAA and not get madden, but I will still probably get madden, I can't help it lol. I look forward to some close games with you all. Last year I lost my first user game to a double covered toss up in the end zone with less than 1 minute left. I still have nightmares of that south Carolina player lol. Well that's about it, and I look forward to getting to know you all even more. If you have any questions just ask. And let's have a great dynasty.

23. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Yeah i did but i aint last, i played a bunch of DCers and cheesers and made my way out of it

24. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

that's real good man. I always tend to run into cheese so a run at the top is kinda useless

25. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

haha yeah man,i was once at #91 and worked my out of it easily by getting booted and cheesed. So i just gave up on madden 12