Giants defeat Seahawks 23-10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Phenom, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Seahawks 10 - Giants 23

Coming off a tough loss to division rival Eagles, Giants were looking to get their first win of the season against the Seahawks with new owner Vishal at the helm. It didn't look too good early as the Hawks started the game off with a strong first drive, capping it off with a TD. Giants offense answered the impressive Seahawk drive by doing absolutely nothing, going 3 and out (uh oh). But wait, on the ensuing PR, the returner fumbles the ball straight into a Giants player's hands giving them 1st 10 deep in Seattle territory. A few plays later Manning would find Bradshaw wide open for the TD.

It would be a close game for the most part till late in the game. Hawks were very agressive against the run and were intent on stopping Jacobs and company. The Giants often had to settle for FG's, putting rookie kicker Kyle Rantis to work. Rantis went 3 for 3 on FG's, drilling one from 51 yards. His ability to make those 50+ yarders was the reason the Giants drafted him in the 2nd round and was something that was missing a season ago. Last year, the team would've had to punt in that situation. The 51 yard FG was big as it came in the 4th quarter and made it a 2 possesion game. The Hawks were able to get close but had to settle for a FG as the defense held its ground. Hawks would then go for the onside kick which was recovered by TE Beckum. Then finally, Jacobs breaks one for the score sealing the teams first victory.

Sorry about the lateness of my game recap. Didn't have any time till now. Also, something weird is going on with the stats preventing me from seeing who made what plays in the game. I'm seeing stats for a game that's not even in our league (WTF?).

GG Vishal.

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice win. As long as you get your recap in, that's all we ask. Thx. Which site is showing the incorrect stats? EA franchise site, or XFN?

3. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Thanks Doug. It's wrong on the EA Franchise site and XFN doesn't show any stats at all, just the scoreboard. Oh well, just another EA bug I guess. :rolleyes:

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

EA bug, yes, go figure. As for the XFN site, the error is probably a result of the EA site. I'll mention it to the developer. Thx for the heads up.