Giants Move from 4-3 to 3-4 Defense in Offseason

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Cimmy24, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]
    Haloti Ngata Highlights a Brand New 3-4 Defensive Unit for New York
    The New York Giants raided the Baltimore Ravens Defensive Free Agents during the first FA period of the HK Offseason, signing DE Ngata, MLB Jameel McClain, and NT Cody. New York HC Cimmy had plans of moving the Giants to a 3-4 base defense over the next 2 season. He got it done in the first 1/3 of the first offseason. ​
    [​IMG]
    The offseason was originally to be a "figure out a gameplan for the future" period for the Giants. It turned into a new phase in NYG Football. Jameel McClain will play MLB alongside Greg Jones. On the outside, Brandon Johnson and Jason Pierre-Paul will rush the edges. The defensive front will consist of Ngata and Marvin Austin on the outside of terror Cody at nose.​
    What makes this shift to a 3-4, is the depth the Giants will have at the front 7 to continuously rotate fresh legs in and out. Joining the 4 starters at LB will be Chris Gocong, Kirk Morrison, Zak Deossie, and Ryan D'Orazio. Giving help to the defensive line will be Linval Joseph, Chytee Whavers, Tony McDaniel, and Jamaal Anderson. ​
    All this comes before the HK Draft and 2nd FA period where the Giants have more of these positions targeted. New York is also in contract discussion with DE Justin Tuck, who recorded 12 sacks last season and still did not get an offer in RFA. ​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Good luck with the move - I have NEVER run a 3-4 ever.

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I've played around with it, but never really have ran it exclusively, so we'll see. I think I have it set up to where I'll at least be able to toy with it to start the season and run a 4-3 too.

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    3-4 is the only way to go!

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Giants Add Hawthorne, Strengthen Linebacking Group
    [​IMG]
    The New York Giants did it again last night, adding MLB Daid Hawthorne to their already strong 3-4 system. Hawthorne started at MLB the last 2 seasons with the Seattle Seahawks. In those two seasons, he totaled 123 tackles, 10 sacks, 5 interceptions, and the most standout stat of all, 11 forced fumbles. Last year he managed 7 fumbles on opposing runners and picked off 4 passes in a Seattle system that was in and out of a Head Coach during the season.​
    "We were surprised to have a chance to get David. Honestly, I'm surprised he wasn't taken in the first round of free agency and only gained interest from one other team [New Orleans] this period." Coach Cimahosky said this morning after being questioned on his way to practice facilities. ​
    [​IMG]
    Also coming to New York is WR Jordan Shipley. The Giants were again strong at the WR position, but they found key elements in Shipley that make him a long term acquisition.​
    "Yeah, we love bringing Ship to New York. This guy had NO other attentions from other teams, including Houston. I was pretty shocked by his availability as well. Being a Longhorn, I expected Houston to bring him back. Ship just has sure hands and a great burst off the line."​