Giants Purchased

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by broth262, Jan 19, 2014.

1. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    New York, NY- In a stunning turn of events today, the New York Football Giants were purchased by financial mogul Brian Rothman. A move that nobody saw coming is being met with mixed emotions by the fanbase. Many of the fans are excited that they have an owner that won't be afraid to cough up money, but after seeing what some of the other NFC East owners have been like (Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones ring a bell) they are being hesitant.

Joe Bertollini a season ticket holder of 25 years had this to say. "Its always nerve racking when your team is bought, you don't know what to expect, hopefully it works out for the best. I don't like seeing a guy who isn't big on the Giants buying the team, I'd prefer it be a fan of the team, but if he helps us win, well then we will all be happy."

Some of the key takeaways from today's press conference were as follows:

"I'm competitive, I don't like to lose. We are gonna do things the right way around here, but it's like Vince Lombardi said, 'Winning isn't some thing, its the only thing.'"

"Obviously this is a business, but making money and winning go hand in hand. I'm not going to imagine some hypothetical where I would have to decide between winning and making money."

"I have no desire to move this team anywhere. MetLife stadium, er excuse me, the new Giants stadium, is only 5 years old and the fans of this team deserve to have this team stay here. They are passionate and show how much they care about this team."

"I think their is a pressure being in the NFL. Yea the NFC East is a historic division, and a competitive one, but their is pressure to succeed everywhere. I look forward to being a part of the history of this division and the intense rivalries that exist here."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

My boy! Awesome to have you here man.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Welcome Broth. Glad to have you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Making a statement with that big ass logo. Alpha as f*ck!

Welcome, man.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

This gave me chills.....