Giants vs. Panthers week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by yankeery25, Aug 28, 2010.

1. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Giants vs. Panthers week 1

The game started 0-0. It sure did not end that way. The starting score did not even last 10 seconds into the game. Jonathan Stewart returned the opening kick to the house. The Panthers made it 14-0 quickly on a Michael Vick fumble that Jon Beason returned to the house. So before the Panthers took one offensive snap, they were up by 14. Then, the Panthers first offensive play, Deangelo Williams ran it right up the gut through a gaping hole and he took it to the house. The Giants would never come close to recovering. The Giants had a horrendous day, torturing their fans and making their owners visibly upset in their luxury box. Just when it seemed the Giants might be able to sneak back into the game, Jeremy Maclin went down with an injury, and the Giants have lost him for four weeks. The Giants also lost starting LB Michael Boley for 7 weeks. The loss of Maclin was particularly crushing because he was the only receiver Manning could hook up with all game consistently. If there are any bright spots to be found, it is the great rapport between Maclin and Manning. Travis Beckum had a strong day as well, showing off his relatively blazing speed for a TE, and new signee Derek Fine put up some good stats in garbage time. The Giants came out flat footed in their new stadium, and they hope to have better performances in their new venue in the near future.

2. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

man sucks that maclin dropped when u just traded for him.

what the final scre end up being

3. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

67-14 i think... he got off to a great start and had all the momentum. there is no way to climb out of the whole i was in.