Give Us Ideas

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Give Us Ideas

Hey fellas -

I thought it would be cool to have a place to request a little team hype from time to time. In order to write the stuff you guys want to see, we need to know what you guys want to see. This is where you post ideas.

Got a big game coming up? Just landed a stud recruit? Won on a last second play? Tell us.

I'm going to sticky this thread. League 2 & 3 commishes might want to post something similar in their forum space.

Thanks,

AG

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I'll get the ball rolling. I want to write an article featuring young players (freshmen, redshirt freshmen, true sophs) who are having big impacts. 3 guys I have in mind right now are the freak WR at Miami, T Mack at Nebraska, and my CB Pollard.

I'll give you guys a few days to send me a message (PM or email) with a guy from your team. If you want to throw me a few facts/highlights too that would be great (Who'd you have to out-recruit to get him? Was he a 5* or a diamond in the rough? Big plays he's made, stats, whatever).

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

good idea - somethng different from the standard game previews and summaries. I like it. I have a WR who is playing as a true FR (83), and a backup HB (83), but no one putting up the kind of numbers Young just put on me.

4. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Good idea there Dat.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Dat, I sent you my post in a PM so that it doesn't clutter this thread up.

6. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Basis, I don't have a PM. Maybe try sending again?

Anyone else have a young guy they want me to highlight?

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Nebraska hasn't had any press. How about a couple hundred words on T-Mac, the Heisman front-runner?

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

T Mack is basically the guy that gave me this idea. Along with Young @ Miami and Pollard @ ND. Was hoping to get 2 more, but 3 would be enough. Anybody else want to throw a name in the ring before I do this?

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Honestly right now I don't have any young guys making big contributions, I inherited a young team.

10. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Jermaine Thomas.

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sent you a new pm Dat.

12. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Got it a while back, thanks.

This article (and others) will come, I'm just spread a bit thin lately. Going through a job change, new one starts Monday. Just been busy the last couple weeks. Please forgive me for not contributing much lately. I hope to be "back" in a week or two.