Glory Days League Description

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Glory Days League Description

[​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Glory Days is a TF league consisting of pretty much all members that are new to the TF website. We are a league that uses the ACC and SEC, 6 users to each conference. We use an ACC/SEC challenge system to determing what users play who. Depending on where you finish in your conference, you will play taht corresponding finished in the other conference. We are built on the same foundations that TF is all about, sim football and having fun and being active on the forum. If you are interested in joining Glory Days check out the thread in our forum about how to join Glory Days.​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Teams

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    User Gamertag School Logo[/CENTER]
    Bsta​
    AbolishtheFed​
    Boston College​
    [​IMG]
    OPEN​
    OPEN​
    Duke​
    [​IMG]
    Timpegoose​
    Timpegoose​
    Maryland​
    [​IMG]
    TLaw​
    TLaw1010​
    NC State​
    [​IMG]
    Clay​
    ClayRocks​
    Virginia​
    [​IMG]
    Gowazzu​
    gowazzucougs​
    Wake Forest​
    [​IMG]
    devilfan20​
    devilfan20​
    Vanderbilt​
    [​IMG]
    Mr Kasperson​
    The Jackwabbit​
    Kentucky​
    [​IMG]
    Pagamer​
    blacksunshine41​
    South Carolina​
    [​IMG]
    Gwill​
    Gwill2588​
    Auburn​
    [​IMG]
    gtstang​
    GTSTANG86​
    Ole Miss​
    [​IMG]
    OPEN​
    OPEN​
    Mississippi State​
    [​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Expanded Rules
    Some rules to make sure you know. These are in addition to the standard TF rules. Please make sure you are aware of all of the standard TF rules.​
    All members MUST understand that being active within the forum and on the dynasty wire - along with the dynasty as a whole - is a must. If you fail to do so, you are subject to punishment deemed fit. I will give you a chance by messaging you or talking to you on live, but if you continue to neglect it I reserve the right to find someone to replace you.​
    Chew the Clock: Chew clock feature may only be used inside 4 minutes of the 4th Quarter. Note: If your opponent ok's you chewing the Player must leave game in progress - Please do not start a game if there's a chance you will not be able to finish it. In the case of an emergency situation where you are forced to leave the game, an agreement should be made between both players as to whether the game will be replayed from the start or simulated in the opposing teams favor. Please message me what you two decide on.​
    Note: It is ok to chew the clock against a human opponent if they ok it.​
    We will try to sim every 72 hours, or sooner if everyone is good to go.​
    Restarts: You must provide video evidence for a restart. If it was an accident and you have no proof, sorry but sometimes the ball doesn't roll your way. In the case of a user vs user game I must receive word from both parties stating the ending of the initial game was accidental. Punishment for restarts will vary.​
    Stat Padding: If you are found to be stat padding (this is will be judged by me) punishment will go as such:​
    1st time = Benched Player that was padding | 2nd time = Loss of scholarships & suspension of player | 3rd time = Kicked from league​
    General rules regarding restarts from Site Wide Rules/Expectations: WG.5.0 - Restarts: There will be NO restarts for user vs. cpu games. In the unlikely event that you experience a problem/emergency during your game, notify your commissioner immediately. Failure to instantly notify your commissioner will result in a sim. If restarts become a trend you will be dismissed from the dynasty.​
    Scoring Cap: Anyone scoring over 65 points will be docked 2 scholarships every time it happens. It is something I don't want to see happen at all. The only exception is that you may always win by 21 points.​
    Supersimming: You are expected to play your own games. Supersimming the last 3-4 minutes of a game that is decided is occasionally exceptable for extenuating circumstances. The commish should be notified immediately if this is the case. How much you simmed, the score before the sim, the final score and the reason for simming is all required information. If the results seem suspect, expect to have the game tossed and the game simmed from the start. Just try to finish every game for the sake of avoiding controversy.​
    Playbooks: I do not care what playbook you use on offense, the way I see it you are the coach of the team use what you desire. In regards to defense though, you may use any formation, but either the 4-3, 3-4, or 3-3-5, must be used as the base. If you consistently come out in some other formation and your opponent asks you to stop using that formation please do so. If there continues to be a problem with it punishment will be handed out. I understand there WILL be times when you may have to go Nickel the whole game because of your opponents formations, I would assume your opponent would understand the sitauation and not have a problem with it.​
    Options: Speed option out of Ace Big (1 WR and TE on each side) is not allowed at all, no exceptions. Also try not to commit any unrealistic pitches. If it happens in a user game run out of bounds or limit the yards you get. The pitches can get insanely dumb sometimes, so lets keep this as sim as possible.​
    Slot WR Post to middle - After some discussion in a few threads, I think it would be best to at least address this within our league. I have always found it as a very exploitable route. I am fine with a few times a game, just be careful using it to much.​
    Run Commit is not allowed at all, do not use it. It is one of the cheesiest things int he game because your lineman come free dam near everytime.​
    Scoring "limit" - please try to keep your scores somewhat realistic. If you are winning by 50 ease up.​
    Getting your games done - Please, for the sake of everyone in the dynasty don't let us see you playing other games if you don't have your week done for our dynasty. This website requires a certain level of committment, so show it.​
    Dropping back - Try not to make 15 yard drops with your QB, a lot of Leagues here look at that as cheese.​
    Sliders & Settings
    Sliders & Settings
    Column 1 Column 2
    Difficulty: All-American[/CENTER]
    Quarters:
    8 mins
    Sliders [/CENTER]
    Offense
    HUM CPU[/U][/B][/CENTER]
    QB Accuracy ​
    15 35[/CENTER]
    Pass Block ​
    35 35[/CENTER]
    WR Catching ​
    40 40[/CENTER]
    RB Ability ​
    50 90[/CENTER]
    Run Blocking ​
    50 55[/CENTER]
    Defense
    HUM CPU[/U][/B][/CENTER]
    Pass Coverage ​
    60 60[/CENTER]
    Pass Rush ​
    30 30[/CENTER]
    Interceptions​
    15 25[/CENTER]
    Rush Defense ​
    80 65[/CENTER]
    Tackling ​
    45 45[/CENTER]
    Special Teams
    HUM CPU[/U][/B][/CENTER]
    FG Power ​
    40 40[/CENTER]
    FG Accuracy ​
    20 65[/CENTER]
    P Power ​
    20 25[/CENTER]
    P Accuracy ​
    25 40[/CENTER]
    Kickoff Power​
    20 45
    Position Changes
    Please don't make any position changes that don't make sense. Don't turn Safeties into Linebackers, WR's into TE's. In some cases it will work, just use your head regarding this. Take a look at these restrictions when it comes to position changes. When it says a restriction, that means that is the minimum height or weight a players must be to be changed to that position.​
    Pos Notes​
    QB: No Restrictions​
    RB: No Restrictions​
    FB: Restricted​
    Weight restriction > 230 lbs​
    Speed restriction < 84​
    WR: No restrictions​
    TE: Restricted​
    Height restriction > 6'2''​
    Weight restriction > 225lbs​
    Speed restriction < 86​
    OL: No restrictions​
    DT: Restricted​
    Weight restriction > 265 lbs​
    DE: Restricted​
    Height restriction > 6'2''​
    Weight restriction > 240 lbs​
    Speed Restriction < 83​
    OLB: Restricted​
    Weight restriction > 225 lbs​
    Speed Restriction < 85​
    MLB: Restricted​
    Weight restriction > 235 lbs​
    Speed restriction < 85​
    DB: No restrictions​
    RET: No Restrictions​
    To save time and keep it policed, I will need to be shown all position changes that you are going to do. I will make a thread during the offseason and each teams position changes will need to be "approved" by me, similar to how Drifter and Ryno approve apps here on TF.​
    Players Leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:​
    Is > 95 OVR , is a JR that has won the Heisman , is a JR and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR​
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.​
    Scholarships
    The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:​
    A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate​
    B = number of underclassmen that leave for the pro draft.​
    C = One additional scholarship to provide a cushion.​
    D = Remaining amount of players needed to reach 70.​
    A + B + C + D = total number of available scholarships.​
    Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.​
    Punishment

There will be infractions committed in this dynasty that will require me to take some type of action. I will list a few of them.​
    Pursuading a player 95 overall or better to stay (or any other player that is not allowed to be persuaded to stay): This will cost you 5 scholarships; I know that is harsh but I don't think many people will do it if this is the punishment.​
    Using more scholarships then allowed: This could cost you anything from a few games simmed, to full season autopilot (simmed recruiting and games [my idea of ncaa probation]). The amount of punishment of course depends on history of problems, along with severity of violation.​
    Other things that could land you in hot water: restarting games, failing to complete your week in the allotted time (without notifying me with a reason why), over scoring, cheesy tactics, forum inactivity ---- all these things COULD get you in trouble. I will try to take it easy, but sometimes I will have to drop the hammer.​
    And finally, please be aware of what cheesing is. If you do not know ask.​
    If your opponent is calling something you are doing cheese, please refrain from doing it. If you do not think it is, and continue to do it during the game, I will rule on wether or not it is. If it is decided the incident was indeed cheesy, I will either sim the game or let you guys replay it; whatever the other player decides is fair.​

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Started new thread due to bickering that happened at the end of the old one with War Eagle.

Also sliders received very slight tweak in hopes it fixes all the broken tackles.

3. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Are promises allowed in recruiting?

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yes, they don't hold near as much sway as in years past.. plus if you break them you are screwing yourself.

do it up.

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

May as well lock this thread.

What did you tweak?

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

CPU Rush d 5 points, cpu run blocking, and user rush d i beleive

7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Users have a record of 29-13. I dunno that we need to make the sliders easier. =/

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I thought with all the talk of cpu breaking so many tackles it would help. Also I would hope the records are good - majority of teams start their schedule with a few cupcakes.

9. Bucknut88

Bucknut88 Banned

co-sign

10. Bucknut88

Bucknut88 Banned

Something needed to be done about the broken tackles. If only one person had problems, ok maybe something is wrong, but multiple people were having problems. I've played this game since I grew hair on my balls and I've never had this much problem with broken tackles (whether I played with OSU or Temple).

These are the sliders. So I say, stop complaining (killer ;) ) and jump in with both feet.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Any comments on the new layout of the description page?

:D

12. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

It's real clean, a lot nicer than before. Good job!!

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haha thanks, took a page out of The Experience for our logo

14. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Have these sliders been used since patch 3? Im concerned about tackling ability a little bit.

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

When did patch 3 happen? I dont think we have played since patch 3 came out.

16. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

It came out very recently, and totally screwed up my sliders.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Hmm, well we will see how this week goes.

Guys that play the CPU if you think somethings jacked up with em don't be scared to say something.