Glory Glory Man United

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Timpegoose, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

[​IMG]

We'll be picking this up just after the transfer window has shut, with United sitting 11th in the table through 3 matches.

Key signings:
    CAM Luca Modric 87 Ovr

Key departures:
    ST Dimitar Berbatov 82 Ovr
    GK Tomasz Kuszczak 75 Ovr

Record: 6-8-3
    Current Table Position: 6th (26 points)

Recent Results:
    Nov 29 6-3 W vs West Brom (League Cup Quarter Final)
    Dec 3 2-1 W at Aston Villa
    Dec 10 3-1 W vs Wolverhampton
    Dec 17 2-2 D at QPR
    Dec 21 3-3 D at Fulham

Stat Leaders

Goals

Rooney - 12
    Hernandez - 10
    Welbeck - 5
    Fletcher - 2
    Young - 2
    Nani - 2
    Modric - 1

Assists

Fletcher - 6
    Modric - 4
    Hernandez - 3
    Rooney - 3
    Young - 3
    Valencia - 2
    Nani - 1
    Welbeck - 1

• Like Like x 2
  2. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

I saw that Modric signing on the Fifa 12 Live Feed :D

Love Fifa Manager Mode threads, keep it up Goose!

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Chelsea 4
    Manchester United 1

On the heels of a controversial penalty call Chelsea rolls to victory in this one. The penalty gave Lampard his 2nd goal of the match, and gave Chelsea the 2-1 lead after Rooney put United ahead 1-0 early on. A straight red card was given to CB Nemanja Vidic shortly after the PK, which gave Chelsea all the momentum to coast to a win. Both calls created huge swings in the game, and Manchester United manager Timpe mentioned in the post game press conference that he thought the official's made mistakes on both of the calls. United have a 6 day rest before they travel to Bolton where they can hopefully regain some of the form expected of the defending champions.

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

United Draws in Heartbreaking Fashion

Wayne Rooney got United on the board in the 14th minute with a good strike from 20 yards out, and United would dominate possession for much of the game. Kevin Doyle was able to break free just 5 minutes after he was down with an injury to net the equalizer for Bolton. Nemanja Vidic is serving the first game of his 2 game suspension for the red card against Chelsea, and his presence was missed near the end of the match. Chris Smalling moved to the middle, and Rafael filled in at right back. Both played solid, but seemed to fade in the last 5 minutes.

5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Manchester United 2
    Manchester City 1

First year GK David De Gea played his best match to date in United's 2-1 victory over City in the League Cup. De Gea had 10 saves to keep us in a game that City dominated. A extra time goal by another summer signing Ashley Young sealed the win for us. Rooney scored first again, keeping his good run of form going.

6. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Go Arsenal! :p

7. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

They kicked my ass lol. Gervinho ripped through my defense the whole game. The cpu is tough this year... I've taken some beatings lol.

8. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

What level you playing on.. World Class or Legendary??

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

World Class.

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Stoke City 1
    Manchester United 1

Manchester United
    :goal: Wayne Rooney (90)

Stoke City
    :goal: Peter Crouch (10)

It took a 90th minute equalizer from Rooney to get a point out of this match. We dominated much of the first half with 57% of possession, and had a shot go off the post about midway through the half. Stoke dominated much of the 2nd half, but Rooney was finally able to finish from just outside the 6 yard box late in the game.

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Manchester United 3
    Norwich City 0

Manchester United
    :goal: Hernandez (23)
    :goal: Fletcher (58)
    :goal: Welbeck (82)

Finally the dominating performance that was expected of United coming into the season. We out shot them 18-3 and out possessed them 54-46. Hopefully this gets us back on track to make a run at the top of the tables.

12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Rumor is that Blackburn could be bought out by a "mystery consortium based in the Far East" in the near future. According to the article, "The spending power of this group is said to be astronomical, and they feel that there is no reason why they cannot turn the club into one of the best in the world." I'm pretty interested to see what Blackburn does in the next transfer window if this purchase does go through.

13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Manchester United 1
    Arsenal 0

We made some changes going into this league cup clash with Arsenal, due to having a Premier League match against Everton 5 days after. We started Valencia, Anderson, Cleverley, and Park across the midfield, slid Smalling into Ferdinand's CB spot, and replaced Rooney with Danny Welbeck up top. Despite all of the changes, the team played well and managed to come out on top after losing 3-1 to Arsenal earlier in the year. Robin Van Persie was out with an injury for Arsenal, and they really missed his presence up top. Welbeck scored the lone goal for us, turning onto his left foot in the box and putting one off the bottom of the crossbar and in. This puts us through to the quarter finals where we will face West Bromwich Albion in about a month. Welbeck's goal was his 3rd of the competition, which leads all United players.

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

The headlines they give in career mode this year are pretty cool. Blackburn was just bought by a group with a large amount of capital. I'm really excited for this winter transfer window to open so I can see what they do. The end of the story talks about their manager arriving for training in the morning and claiming to know nothing of the deal. "if something has gone on then I'm sure I'll be told eventually, but for now I've got to take training" is the exact quote from the headline. Things like this are making manager mode much more enjoyable for me this year.

On a note related to my team, we've finally hit our stride and we're unbeaten since our September 4th loss to Chelsea (its currently November 5th). We've either won or drawn our last 6 league matches, and have moved up into 8th in the standings. Danny Welbeck was superb filling in for Hernandez against Everton, netting both goals in a 2-1 victory.

15. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

The thing I don't like about these headlines is that there are rumors swirling that Vidic wants to leave. I'm gonna be pissed if he requests a transfer on me lol

16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Manchester United 3
    Fulham 3

With Fulham up 2-1, Danny Welbeck came on as a sub in the 65th minute. He would go on to score 2 goals to give us a 3-2 lead, but Fulham would equalize in the 90th minute. The rain really seemed to get the better of United in this one, and leveled the playing field. Hernandez struggled to find space before being subbed off, and Welbeck looks to be challenging for the starting role paired with Wayne Rooney. We lost another key member of our defense in this one as well. Rio Ferdinand went down with a hyperextended knee, and looks to be out for 3 weeks. Luckily RB Patrice Evra could be coming back before our next fixture at home against Wigan. Chris Smalling will fill in for Ferdinand in his abscence.

17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Manchester United 1
    Blackburn 0

Danny Welbeck scored yet again after coming in as a sub. He has been very good coming off the bench for us in our last few games, and has now netted 8 goals on the season. Just a day before this match, CB Nemanja Vidic decided that he wanted to stay with the club, after a few weeks of turmoil in which the media suggested that he wanted out. With the transfer window opening up we're not really looking to make any big moves at United, but CM Anderson has been put up for sale by the club. He has struggled to find his way onto the pitch with the summer signing of Luca Modric and could be on his way out this winter.