GMFL Madden '13 Coach Profiles

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Alright fellas, this thread is where we are going to get to know each other a little bit better. The more information you provide, the better all of us will get to know you, which is crucial in keeping a league fun and full of rivalries, which in turn makes the league have more longevity and be a better league overall. The more members you know with some sort of depth, the more you will care and the more active you will be outside of your OWN team threads. With that in mind, try and give as much information about yourself as possible. Thank you.

Format:

(add an image of yourself, which is preferred and not required. Just no nudes (y))

Name:

City/State you reside in:

What defines you as you?

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming?

What style of player are you?

What style of coach are you?

Favorite NFL team, and why:

Favorite NFL player, and why:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bl0ndeRedHead

I'll start...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Name: Chris

City/State you reside in: Born in Philadelphia, currently residing in Phoenix, AZ

What defines you as you? Well outside of my height (6'7") my laid back demeanor and "always making a joke" attitude define me somewhat. It takes a lot to get under my skin, and I find myself a very easy going person that goes with the flow most of the time.

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? I play lots of sports (tennis and basketball mostly) and have a HUGE interest in comedy (stand up, writing, etc.) and aspire to be a comedian or a comedy writer eventually.

What style of player are you? Very conservative, smashmouth type player. I use a lot of power sets and love the ground game, and don't blitz a whole lot on defense, I like to make the safe smart play 99% of the time.

What style of coach are you? I try and use first and second down to set up short 3rd down situations, and very rarely go for the home run. My goal is to win games 13-10, not 45-42.

Favorite NFL team, and why: Philadelphia Eagles. Born and raised in Philly, I'm not allowed to root for anyone else or my family will disown me.

Favorite NFL player, and why: Currently, LeSean McCoy, dude is slipppppery. All time? Either Randall Cunningham or Barry Sanders, both were just so much fun to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

GMFL.png
    Name: Kareem​

City/State you reside in: Voorhees, NJ​

What defines you as you? I'm a very honest and competitive person. I try not to take things too seriously, life is short so I try to appreciate the small things.​

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? After the console goes off I'm mostly hanging with my kids. After that you can find me honing my WDD skills. When I get some time away from the house I'm at a studio near you.​

What style of player are you? Clean cerebral type player, I stay strictly within the rules of the game. I play with the intent of getting my opponent out of their comfort zone.​

What style of coach are you? Aggressive play caller on offense and defense. The Old Raider way, I want the opposing QB to suffer and I want the opposing defense tired of playing football .... by the first quarter. I pride my self on mixing in a wide variety of plays on offense and defense throughout the game, never relying on "a Chosen Few plays" to get the win. I know when to hold 'em and I know when to fold 'em​

Favorite NFL team, and why: The Oakland Raiders, the bad boys of the NFL. Whether people want to admit it or not the Oakland Raiders organization has set the standard as far as NFL football goes from marketing to style of play. Al Davis was one of the most hated men in the league, yet was a pioneer of the game and one of the reasons the NFL is what it is today. As of late the Raiders have not held themselves up to that same standard, from 2003 - til now, we will soon silence to chatter.​

Favorite NFL player, and why: Non-Raider, Ed Reed because the guy is a monster on the field and a Professional off it. Darren McFadden if the guy can stay healthy he can be a top five HB. I prefer underdogs, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Retired favorites would be Ronnie Lott and Tim Brown​

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

Name: Jamie (Didn't feel like coming up with yet another screen name, lol)

City/State you reside in: Orlando, FL, Born in Grant Park, Ill.

What defines you as you? A smartass, so much so that sometimes it is hard to differentiate between the truth and just me being a jerk, lol. Very laid back, competitive guy...kind of an oxymoron if you think about it. I lose with grace and win with even more. I may trash talk before a game but all business during and gracious afterwards.

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? A little card and dice wrestling game I play. Listening to music, watching movies, playing sports (mainly basketball and golf), people watching, learning. This feels like a dating site, lol.

What style of player are you? Conservatively aggressive. (Did I mention that I am enigmatic as well?)

What style of coach are you? The meat and potatoes. I'm a defensive minded guy. I want to grind the game down. I'm like Chris in that I love 13-10 games. I like to run the ball but sometimes get too caught up in the passing game. Especially if I have a good QB. I am prone to throwing a lot of INT's. When I stick to my gameplan, I am usually successful. Defensively, I run what I call a "Wolfpack" defense. I like to play man to man with the corners, (lone wolf) and blitz with anyone else (wolfpack). My D is dependant on good to great corners.

Favorite NFL team, and why: Da Bears. Grew up in Illinois. When in Rome, ya know?

Favorite NFL player, and why: For the Bears, Urlacher. Defines what it means to be a blue collar guy and work hard. Non Bear, I'd have to say Ed Reed. He has shed that U stigma he came in the league with, is a hard worker and you never hear about any off the field incidents.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

[​IMG]

Name: John

City/State you reside in: Katy, TX (suburb of Houston)

What defines you as you? Laid back guy who seeks entertainment in all forms. Married for almost 5 years now and expecting my first kid at the end of the year.

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? Other gaming. I am really into retro gaming, RPGs, and game collecting. I also like to read and I play with my cars or motorcycle

What style of player are you? I coordinate my offense on what the defense gives me. I will try to air it out or pound the rock. I can sometimes get too much of a gunslinger attitude in the passing game and force some passes. I can blitz off the edge at times and like to zone blitz.

What style of coach are you? Traditional pro style. I love to run behind a fullback and throw out of 2 WR sets. On D, I find myself in Nickel often, but prefer a 4-3 base.

Favorite NFL team, and why: Houston Texans now as I live in Houston. I grew up liking the Packers and they are still my 'other' favorite team

Favorite NFL player, and why: I dont know... I used to like Favre, Marino, Barry Sanders as a kid, but can't say I have a new favorite player.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wilfiger PSU 38

Wilfiger PSU 38 Walk On

Name: Will

City/State you reside in: Las Vegas, Nevada

What defines you as you? I try to do, what I can do, When I can do it...I'm easy going and love life!!!

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? My Kids, Fitness and Health, lots Golf, My Harely, My RM125...Friends family and life!

I'm agressive on D, and like to try to force mistakes. I love to run the rock to set up the pass and I'm ole skool with FB and TE's.

Traditional pro style, but run and gun if I have weapons. I love to run behind a fullback and throw out of 3 and 4 WR sets at times. The TE dictates my play On D, I find myself in Nickel and Dimes and like to match up, but prefer a 3-4 D. I love to BLITZ...:)

THE DALLAS COWBOYS. Tom landry, Roger, Tony, Troy, Emmit and Mike...and Crosby, Novachek, Witten, Billy Joe and DOOMSDAY...;)

Favorite NFL player, and why: Now Ware, Back in the Day Roger and Tony D and Hollowood Henderson.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Name:
    Ben

Portland, OR

What defines you as you?
    when i am not playing video games I am laid back and don't sweat the small stuff.. put a controller in my hand and the easy going guy is gone and the destroyer of controllers comes out;)

when i am not playing sports games i am usually hanging out with my nephew and watching movies. Love football and like the other 2 major sports. Soccer is slowing growing on me as well.

inconsistent would be a good word for me. kind of like Jason Garrett sometimes i make a aggressive call when i need to be conservative and a conservative call when i need to be aggressive.

I am successful when i play to my strengths and that is a run 1st offense. some times i get caught up in the passing game to much esp. when the talent is there. On Defense i am a 4-3 guy at heart and i love to bring pressure from everywhere.

Dallas Cowboys.. I was a Redskins fan(around 7-10yrs old), because my favorite uncle at the time lived in DC. My Dad was a Cowboys fan and so when he died a few months after the 2nd SB I switched over to cowboys as a way to honor him.

Current is Tony Romo. I really don't understand the hate this guy receives. The guy makes plays and is statistically better than guys that people put over him. Past: Triplets and Moose.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RedFrog

RedFrog Walk On

Name:
    Rob "Red" Johnson

Devils Lake, North Dakota

What defines you as you?
    I am a very honest, fun, yet competitive person. I am loyal to my friends and family and will always have their backs.

Softball(summer) and Darts(winter). Outside of that, I don't do a whole lot.

I am a sim player that doesn't talk a lot during most games. I will always give credit on good plays.

I'm a offensive strategist. I like to manage the clock and to keep the defense guessing. I will run a lot of motion and pre-snap movement. I run a lot of different plays out of similar looking sets. Defensively, I am week. I do not control a defensive player very often as I do not do it well. It has been 4 or 5 years since I've played online madden, so maybe it'll be a little different now.

Oakland Raiders ... either you're a Raider or you're a Hater ... nuff said!!

Current: Sebastian Janikowski. Dude it a BEAST!! All-time: Jamarcus Russell Marcus Allen. So smooth and elusive. I could watch him run for days. (Honorable Mention to Bo Jackson, if he only would have had a full career!!)

• Like Like x 2
  9. HTX24

HTX24 Walk On

Name: Evan

City/State you reside in: Houston, Texas

What defines you as you?: My sense of humor plus my ability to relate to people from all walks of life.

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming?: Movies, Football, Reading, and last but not least women!

What style of player are you?: Ground and Pound and set up my passing game. Still developing my defense identity(aka I'm not that good lol)

What style of coach are you?: I'm more of a line em up and try to stop me kind of coach. I'll use pre-snap adjustments and every thing, but not alot. That's one of my flaws as a player.

Favorite NFL team, and why: Houston Texans. I was born and raised here so I root for Houston teams except in college football.

Favorite NFL player, and why: Andre Johnson. He's everything on and off the field that a NFL player should be. Plus he's one of the leaders of my favorite team.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

[​IMG]

Name: Dave

City/State you reside in: Arbroath, Scotland, UK

What defines you as you?: easy going guy always looking to learn new things

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming?: My family, have two kids i dote on and like the odd pint or two of guinness :) also big football fan "soccer to you guys) have a season ticket for my team Aberdeen

What style of player are you?: Generally more passing than a running guy but will go with whats working the best generally in a game

What style of coach are you?: Try to limit hot routes and such but usually good at stopping the run but more confident with the ball than without it

Favorite NFL team, and why: New England Patriots since the first ever NFL game i saw around 20 years ago. No idea who they were playing but followed them ever since just something felt right :)

Favorite NFL player, and why: Tom Brady guy is incredible typified everything i feel about him in dying moments of last years SB any other QB would have got sacked but he dodged bullets and still came very close to an amazing hail mary. We will win the SB with mr brady this year i have no doubt

• Like Like x 2
  11. BennettForce

BennettForce Walk On

Name: Eric Bennett

City/State you reside in:Russell Springs, KY

What defines you as you? God, Family, and Friends

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? Basketball, Tennis, Recreational Running, any made up sport, definitely hanging with kids and family, sporting events, Reading (highly recommend game of thrones series)

What style of player are you? Competitive but not diehard, I will never give up but don't feel its worth my time or effort to cheat or bend rules either

What style of coach are you? Defensive minded

Favorite NFL team, and why: Titans, Bengals, Colts, Kentucky has no pro teams nor do they have a college team worth a nickel the other teams are all within 3/4 hours
    Favorite NFL player, and why: Was Eddie George, now probably Tim Tebow
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. laxguy1123

laxguy1123 Walk On

Name: Kyle Gross

City/State you reside in:Lake George, NY

What defines you as you? How I am friendly with all people and have a good sense of humor.

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? Hanging out with my girl friend playing football and lacrosse.

What style of player are you? I am a powerful player and I am not in your face. I loose the same as I win.

What style of coach are you? I am a run first coach. I try to stay out of the media and not be like Rex Ryan.

Favorite NFL team, and why: Giants because my family has liked them and watching Tiki Barber made them my favorite.

Favorite NFL player, and why: It use to be Brett Favre because he never gave up no matter what and now it's Maurice Jones-Drew because he fought through his tough life with his grandpa

• Like Like x 1
  13. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

Name: Tim Roy

City/State you reside in: Kalamazoo, MI

What defines you as you? Music and Sports. They are my two passions. I am in a band, and have been for 12 years and absolutely love sports.

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? Music and real sports.

What style of player are you? I'm a calm, relaxed player that always plays sim and straight up.

What style of coach are you? I always play to my teams real life strength and for the most part use their strategy. I am a New York Giants fan in real life, so I will probably stay really close to their real life gameplan(s)

Favorite NFL team, and why: New York Giants. I have loved big blue since I was a young kid growing up on the east coast.

Favorite NFL player, and why: Favorite player of all time is LT. Current favorite player is Hakeem Nicks and/or Eli Manning.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HTX24

HTX24 Walk On

For the most part, it seems like everyone so far is more run oriented than pass oriented.

15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Name:
    Chris​
    Houston, TX... Born in Detroit Rock City​
    What defines you as you?
    Born in Detroit Rock City. When I am not kicking your ass online I am kicking your ass in real life. I'm a semi-pro triathlete. Played soccer at Michigan State. Have always had a cynical sarcastic sense of humor, so don't be so sensitive.​
    I'm currently training for an Ironman. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's 140.3 miles, YES MILES, of sheer agony. The race begins with swimming 2.5 miles straight, no stops, no rest. This is in open water, no touching the edge of the pool. Following the swim you bike for 118 miles. Usually in enormous heat, often uphill... with your legs burning. To finish the race, you must then run a marathon. A marathon is 26.3 miles! You think you're a tough guy, I doubt it. I am shooting to complete said Ironman race in under 11 hours.​
    Bruise and abuse. If I find your weakness early, it will not be fun for you - but fun for me. (y)
    Always open-minded. Usually will have a couple things I will try to accomplish which is based on the teams strengths - but I play to make adjustments to attack and exploit.​
    Detroit Lions. Barry Sanders, 'nuff said.​
    Calvin Johnson. He's unstoppable, catches passes over three silly Dallas Cowgirl DB's, and his nickname is MEGATRON! :cool:
    PS - I can't stand Dallas Cowgirl fans, scUM fans (University of Michigan) and UT fans.​

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  16. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Name: George W. Sawyer Jr. AKA GMONEY 15

City/State you reside in: Born in New Haven, CT and now reside in Angeles City, Phillippines

What defines you as you? Easy going guy. Divorced Father of 2 beautiful kids. My Daughter is 22 and my Son is 20. Very proud of my kids.

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? Now living over here I have took up the game of pool. These guys can play and haev been beating the shit out of me when I first started to learn. Now I am getting a little better and starting to win more and more games. I also like to hang out wiht the fellas and just kick it and have a good time.

What style of player are you? My style is SIM. I like a defensive minded game as I hate shoot outs.

What style of coach are you? I'm conservatiove on offense as I like to run the ball 70% of the time. On defense I really like to mix it up. That has been one of my strong points in seasons past is that people never know what I will do at any given time. Offense sells tickets, DEFENSE wins Championships.

Favorite NFL team, and why: J E T S..Jets, Jets, Jets...Why? Growing up my dad, ( God rest his soul ) was a Giants fan. I don't hate the Giants. I actually watch them when the Jets are not playing.

Favorite NFL player, and why: Too many to name.

PS: On a side note, I am looking forward to this as it brings back cool people who I have gamed with for years and some new guys that I don't know as I am always looking forward to some great battle ahead with the fellas here in this league.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Capt Crunch

Capt Crunch Walk On

[​IMG]

Name: Capt Crunch (You have to read my XML Profile to understand where that name came from - Just asked Boomer

City/State you reside in: Brandon, FL by way of Long Island

What defines you as you? Most easy going down to earth person you will ever know

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? I am also a sport official for (Youth to Minor League football)

What style of player are you? Go with unpredictable

What style of coach are you? Smash mouth I will run it until you prove you can stop it (Student Body Right/Student Body Left)

Favorite NFL team, and why: NY Giants (Do I really have to explain that)

Favorite NFL player, and why: My favorite player was #34 (Walter Payton, he did so much with so less and did it hard and right behind him is Barry Sanders) It hard these days to find
    Players like that anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  18. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

[​IMG]

Name:
    Marty Webb

McKinney, Texas; North of Dallas.

What defines you as you?
    In my professional life, my work ethic. I was raised in a middle class home, and we had nice things, but I was lucky enough to have parents that instilled a work ethic in me that is strong with me to this day. Personally, my sense of humor. I'm an optimist, and don't let petty things get in my way from being able to enjoy myself, something I take with me into every matchup online in video games or to my place of business.

I'm a musician, so I get my music listening in just about daily. A fair amount of TV Shows and Movies. Trivia seems to be a newer thing, but something I've really taken to.

I'm pretty adaptable, if what I'm doing isn't working, I can make adjustments on the fly. More often than not, I'm a pound the ball type player, trying to enforce my will on the ground.

Definetely a rebuilder. I like to stick with a team, choose my type of players to fit my system, and attempt to make them blossom.

The Dallas Cowboys, because I grew up in the 90s in Dallas, and didn't really have a choice in the matter. Those good 'ole days are far gone though, yet I still sport the Silver and Blue, through thick and through thin.

Troy Aikman. I grew up watching him, and really wanted to play football after watching him play. Quickly finding out I didn't have what it took to be a Quarterback. Since then, hearing him nearly every Sunday during football season, I take great pleasure hearing him explain the game through his eyes, and he was probably my first favorite football player period.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Name: Ryan

City/State you reside in: Wythe County, Virginia

What defines you as you? Hell, I don't even know. I am just me

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? I am a huge Battlefield 3 fan and I have logged a good amount of hours into it. outside of games I like to play guitar/bass and I still play pickup basketball as well and I am looking to join an adult league for soccer

What style of player are you? I am an intense player, but I tend to level out after games finish.

What style of coach are you? I am a Bill Walsh-style west coast guy. I love the Near/Far formations and I love a receiving threat at HB

Favorite NFL team, and why: Vikings. They were the first team I gravitated to when I started watching the NFL

Favorite NFL player, and why: Megatron, he is freakishly athletic and is one of the best WRs I have had the pleasure of seeing in person.

• Like Like x 1
  20. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Name: Scot

City/State: From San Antonio, TX. currently live in Los Angeles, CA.

What defines you as you? I am easygoing, laid back and have a good sence of humour.

Other interests: Restoring my 1969 Mercury Cougar eliminator, just started playing bball again after a 12 year hiatus, spending time with my son.

Style of player: I like to control the clock and pace of the game. I do not try and score touchdowns I try and accumulate 1st Downs and the touchdowns will follow. On defense I like to attack. I try and sack the qb on every pass play and stop the RB for a loss on every run play.

Style of coach: I like to run 2 back 2 wr sets throwing a lot of underneath and short passes to the backs wr's and te, mixed with a steady run game. I try to be around 60/40 run/pass.

Favorite team: 49ers

Favorite NFL player: J. Montana, D. Marino, D. Fouts, N. Lomax, E. Campbell, E. Dickerson. J. Riggens, M. Gastineau and any player on the 49ers from the 80's IMG_20120531_183921.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  21. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

me.jpg
    Name:
    Brett
    Pensacola, FL
    What defines you as you?
    A man that made a lot of mistakes growing up, so I became a teacher to try and help kids avoid the same traps I fell into.
    reading, dj'ing(although I'm retired), family (wife and two dogs), Air Jordans
    defensive player that loves running the ball
    don't take many chances, I try and make my opponent beat me instead of me beating myself
    Washington Redskins, when I was young they had the "Fun Bunch." The whole offense would run to the endzone and do a jumping, high five together. When your a kid, you think that is the coolest ish ever.
    Barry Sanders because he was just amazing to watch, but was always very humble. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis now, because their from the U!

• Like Like x 2
  22. BennettForce

BennettForce Walk On

Dj I liked your post good stuff, but I had to crack up beside you said "beating myself" lol

• Like Like x 1
  23. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Name: Blair

City/State you reside in: Toronto, Ohio.. about 35 mins from Pittsburgh!!

What defines you as you? Good question, when i figure that out ill let everyone know. Even my old lady. LOL.

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? Other interests, really into sports in general (outside of gaming). Season ticket holder for the Pittsburgh Penguins. They have been in the family for 40 years. The interest above all of that though is my son, Brady. Just trying to be the best Father i can be for him and our family.

What style of player are you? Im a competitive, but relaxed gamer. I really stink at football games, but i enjoy the competition etc. Good times bsing about the NFL and what not.

What style of coach are you? Laid back i guess you could say. I try and mix it up a lot, keep my opponent on their toes, but for whatever reason that dont work to often. LOL.

Favorite NFL team, and why: Cleveland Browns. Why? Because everyone else that grew up in my area rooted for the Steelers. I seen how those idiots act and wanted no part of it when i was a kid.

Favorite NFL player, and why: Whew, tough one. I would have to say my favorite all time player would have to be Bernie Kosar for obvious reasons. I honestly dont really have a favorite player now a days, tough to do i guess when your favorite team stinks year in and out.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Bl0ndeRedHead

Fiddy14

Your Penguins can go to hell (y)
    My lifelong dream? To see Crosby turn into Lindros so you can feel my pain lol (even though Lindros is nowhere near as good as Crosby)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG]