Godfather seeks Stanford link

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by ltlredwagon, Sep 3, 2015.

1. ltlredwagon

ltlredwagon Walk On

Sep 3, 2015
    My godson is a freshman at Stanford and it looks like he will be playing this year. I don't have cable. I do have regular TV (big antenna on the roof + Channel Master), and I have Roku device, and I have my phone with unlimited data plan. I'm a bit tech-challenged, so I'm wondering if I have any options that are not too expensive for watching Stanford games this year. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    ltlredwagon Welcome to the site!

Not sure how you found us, but you do have some options. One thing that will help to know is if you live local to Stanford's normal TV market. If so, it is likely that if the game is on network TV, that you can use a DIGITAL antenna to pull Over The Air (OTA) signals for local HD stations and catch the game that way.

If you live outside of the market or the game is not on network TV, then it gets a lot more complicated. If you don't mind adware and the sleezyness of a site like firstrowsports then that is an option. Otherwise you may have to use a VPN and a computer to catch the game on an online service. I would also look into online services through Stanford's Athletic Dept as well as the Pac-12 network.