Going to start cranking up soon

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by RynoAid, Jul 22, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Look for some news this week from TLY on final coach selections and other misc league preparation nuggets.

It's getting closer...

• Like Like x 7
  2. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I cant friggin wait. This league is going to be the wicked groovy cool.

(I'm 40 years old, excuse my dated slang.)

3. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I haven't been this excited for Madden since I was younger...of course I'm only 19 though :D.

This new CCM mode looks so groundbreaking it's sort of scary.

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Is it late August yet?

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

no, im trying to just ignore it all until it hits so that it goes faster. Hope to have the game a week or two early to start hashing stuff out.

6. BlyGilmore

huh?

i wasn't commenting or anything ... just asking if its late August, because i want it to be late August so I can play.

btw speaking of hashing things out ... my biggest concern is how playbooks and schemes are going to hash themselves out.

So we'd probably be smart to have some rules and regulations around those. Something like needing to designate your playbooks at the beginning of each season, and having strict limits on changing your coaching philosophy/scheme.

Then you add goals on top of that, and being able to progress players directly, and you have the potential of Madden having the "stat whoring with my freshman phenom" from NCAA times 10.

(If EA didn't do it right ... and while I try to be optimistic, how many first year features have they nailed in the history of the game?)

This of course is all with the caveat that I haven't seen the game, and maybe it does a good job of punishing those who try to exploit the system, meaning we can just sit back and laugh at guys who fuck themselves.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  7. BlyGilmore

btw if you want to get me the game early, I won't complain ...

8. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

9. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

What is a fail?

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i was just letting you know it wasn't late August yet... and that I know when i start posting and getting active in this forum, time is going to slow down............

11. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Judging by the way they scaled how many point you need to say, upgrade a guy's speed from 93 to 94, it's gonna be a limit to how guy can do that. Well, at least I hope.

Also I'll be going with the Bears default PB and the 4-3 so it's all good over here.

12. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I've only used the Raiders offensive and defensive playbook since they allowed to change books, so i am set.

13. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Hey Guys. Just got informed I'll be taking control of Manning and the Broncos. I can't wait and I'm glad to be here. You guys seem like a good bunch of guys and the Madden 13 this year with CCM will be something special. Been wanting this for almost 5 years now. I do have NCAA 13 and would be down to play anyone whenever I'm available. I can't take much more of the lobby games!

:)

• Like Like x 2
  14. DU55

DU55 Walk On

As the new Bengals coach I would just like to thank you guys for the opportunity to join this league and say that I look forward to meeting / playing everybody. I know all the hype about CCM has us all anxious to see how it will work, and I'm glad that I'll get to experience the new setup as part of a concrete league like TLY! My GT is DU55 and would love to play some of you guys in Madden 12 or NCAA 13 while we wait on Madden 13.

15. nellycuz

I have a question for you guys (or commishes). How much of XFN do you think we will need? If any? I think with this new CCM it will all be covered head to toe. Salaries/Contracts, draft, trades...CCM should have all their bases covered with this stuff, right?

16. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

From what people are saying, We won't even need XFN anymore.

17. nellycuz

18. BlyGilmore

based on what we've heard from the Game Changer folks and EA, the franchise should be completely self contained with no need to take any of it offline. Everything from the draft to free agency to the salary cap are handled in game. And really unless there's some piece of the puzzle we find to be just horrible, we'll keep everything in-game.

IMO the one thing Madden has always struggled with was the salary cap and player contracts. Hopefully the game does a good enough job here that we don't have to worry about taking other steps to bring parity in the league.

Players holding out should be a big help in this regard, because even if you sign a guy for el cheapo and he becomes a star, he's going to want more before his 5/7 year deal is over.

19. nellycuz

That's what I'm thinking as well. If it's as good as they're talking about it should be the best online league experience ever.

20. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Has EA said anything about the roster updates? In the last couple of years there's a day one, up to-date roster update for online play. However, the online franchise rosters were a separate entity, and didn't receive an update for several weeks. I hope this is not the case anymore.

21. brizz98

brizz98 Walk On

I'm ready, Im not in a league until 13 comes out. Missing Madden already. It's one of my fixes.

22. nellycuz

Yes this will be the only Madden 13 league I'll be in aside from one with a couple of my friends...less than a month? Was thinking about getting EA Season Ticket, when do you have to purchase that by in order to get the game 3 days early?

23. BlyGilmore

you can order it that Friday and get the download that Friday. I'd do it no later than the Thursday before though.

24. nellycuz

Will do, thanks!