Going Under the Knife (sort of)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Going Under the Knife (sort of)

My house is, at least. Getting shitty old Comcast switched over to FiOS! This leaves my x360 in limbo as it used to be connect via ethernet cable, and I don't have a wireless adapter until later in the week.

I am going to try to connect my 360 using my laptop to share the wireless connection which should provide a good, temporary bridge. This should allow me to get any recruiting done and stuff, but I am not sure. If I don't log in for a few days, this is why.

I will be on the forums as always though.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Well, I am good! My XBOX is now getting its internet from my laptop! It was actually really easy. I am kind of pissed that I ordered that damn Micro$oft Wireless adapter, because of how simple it was to do this.

I will not be missing any time.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    Good to hear. How is the FiOS?

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Hopefully you will enjoy the FIOS as much as I have. I switched to FIOS Tv a few weeks back and love it so far.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

What is Fios

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I have had a boner since the FiOS guys left!

In all seriousness though, my internet is faster, my "low-def" TV's look better, and I now have 85 more HD channels than I did with Comca$t -- not to mention its CHEAPER -- I am loving the switch!

FiOS stands for "Fiber Optic Service", and is bascially the fastest/cleanest internet, television, and voip service around. It is run by Verizon, and they are always working on expanding their network. It is not in too many areas right now, but it will be expanding!

http://www.verizon.com/fios

/boner

7. Damn,

FiOS Internet is not offered in your area

Services in Your Area
    We're sorry Verizon doesn't offer FiOS service in your area.

However, we do offer a wireless internet access product through Verizon Wireless that you might be interested in:

8. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I've had FIOS for quite a while and it is pretty smooth. The only downside is dealing with Verizon if there are ever any problems. They are the worst company in the world to deal with for customer service.