Gold and Black Illustrated

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by csboiler05, Sep 17, 2010.

1. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

Gold and Black Illustrated

The Purdue University Boilermakers made a drastic midseason coaching change, as they brought in Coach Stewart to take over as head coach. Coach Stewart previously has coaching experience at Florida International, where he lead the Golden Panthers to their first winning season in school history. Additionally, Coach Stewart served as a student graduate assistant at Purdue from 2000 through 2005. Here's an a clip from the press conference.

"I can't tell you how excited I am to be here today, I wish it was under different circumstances, but hey I'm not going to lie, this is my dream job, and I've always wanted to make it back to West Lafayette, and give back to the University in any way that I can. I look forward to leading these young men to great things, and hopefully bringing us back to the Rose Bowl".

2. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

ESPN Instant Classic

#7 Wisconsin Badgers 28 @ Purdue Boilermakers 31

Turnovers were the key to the Boilermakers upset win over the visiting Wisconsin Badgers, the Badgers had 2 fumbles which were recovered by the defense, one interception which was taken to the house by FS Albert Evans, and a blocked field goal to end the half (which by the way is the first time I've ever seen a blocked field goal). The Boilermakers also made a change at the quarterback position sending Caleb Ter Bush to the bench and starting Miami transfer Robert Marve at quarterback. Marve responded well throwing going 18 of 30 for 262 yards and 2 TDs. Other highlights included a 46 yard touchdown run by Ralph Bolden and a 30 yard field goal by Carson Wiggs.

Wisconsin/Purdue
    Score 28/31
    First Downs 19/11
    Total Offense 443/318
    Rushing 24 attempts for 54 yards and 2 TDs/15 attempts for 56 yards and 1 TD
    Passing 32 of 37 for 389 yards and 2 TDs/ 18 of 30 for 262 yards and 2 TDs
    3rd Down (10-15)/(5-10)
    Turnovers 3/1
    Fumbles 2/1
    Int 1/0
    TOP 16:05/11:55