Golden Bears bounce back with win over Stanford 35-24.

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Sep 24, 2010.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Golden Bears bounce back with win over Stanford 35-24.

Da Bears fell behind early in this one 14-0. All things pointed to another disappointing conference loss for Cal. But momentum shifted and Cal stormed back. The Bears scored on a drive late in the first quarter to cut the lead to 7. Following a Stanford miscue Cal was able to score again early in the second quarter knotting the game at 14-14. Heading to the half Stanford used what little time was left to engineer a quick strike drive that stalled inside the Cal 10. Stanford walked away with a FG and the lead 17-14.

The second half, Cal's first score was the product of blown coverage as TE Anthony Miller slipped behind defense for a wide open catch in the endzone. Offensively is was HB Shane Vereen who separated himself and solidified the game for the Bears Vereen rushed for 202 yards on 28 carries and 3 TD's. Vereen added his 2nd touchdown of the game at the end of 3rd quarter pushing the lead to 28-17.

Stanford had no trouble moving the ball through the air. QB Andrew Luck picked apart the CAL for 402 yards on 23-29 passing. Luck got caught throwing into double coverage for one of his 2 picks. But the biggest turnover came on completed pass that was knocked lose for a fumble as the Stanford receiver raced towards the endzone.

GG Bly...That fumble I felt was a back breaker.

DYNASTY CENTRAL LINK VIDEOS AND PICS

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice win to salvage the season, gotta love them rivalry wins.

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

You got that right with 2 user losses and 2 cpu losses. Another loss and I am a 3 star.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Must of been the lag.....:thumbsup:

5. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

gg man.

would have liked to have seen how things might have worked if either my OL or front seven showed up. my front seven was just getting blown off the line and you're not going to do much with Vereen having holes John Candy could run through.

offensively not having my HB Wilkerson was a blow. He got hurt late against UCLA and wasn't available. And it seemed like Cal players were in my backfield everytime i handed the ball off.

hopefully next season you'll actually have to travel for this game instead of enjoying the home field advantage again.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I really would have like to see this... (2 jokes in 1)

7. BlyGilmore

lol were either of the jokes funny?

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

no but the 3rd one was i guess.

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hey Bly, I listed all your excuses out using bullet points to make them easier to read.

Hope you don't mind.

10. BlyGilmore

thanks - i'll follow that format next time.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

Ya that would blow if your not a home next time around. Holes were huge not to mention 9 broken tackles by Vereen.

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I roffled.

Man ur a penis

13. BlyGilmore

[​IMG]