Good defense and two lucky plays on offense help UGA get by Tennessee, 33-18

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good defense and two lucky plays on offense help UGA get by Tennessee, 33-18

Despite a 6-2 turnover margin, Georgia's offense was so bad at times that this game should have been tied right down to the end. It was a pair of extremely fortunate offensive plays that allowed Georgia to win this game pretty comfortably at the end.

Early in the game was a defensive battle and both teams had to punt. Then the UT QB was hit while throwing and FS Joe Forte picked off the pass and returned it 33 yards for a TD and a 7-0 lead.

The defenses continued to play well especially near the goal line as Tennessee was turned away twice and had to kick field goals, 7-6.

Then the first lucky play. Brian Clark dropped back and threw a duck, well away from his intended target downfield. I user grabbed the WRONG receiver, went for the pass, and the D didn't react at all. Easy TD. Huge lucky play. 14-6

Each team kicked a field goal to go into halftime with UGA clinging to a 17-9 lead.

We got the ball back in the first half but threw an interception on a bad read and a GREAT play by the UT CB. Tennessee kicked a field goal, then forced us to punt and scored a touchdown (missed 2 pt), taking an 18-7 lead thanks to good defense and an offense that was finally clicking.

Then the second lucky play happened. FB Bryan West caught a pass on an out route in the flat, and Rusty just screwed up, something you'd expect to see him do once in a hundred games, and somehow took both of his guys out of the play. The surprisingly fast West went 48 yards on the play for a TD (missed 2 pt) and we had the lead again, 23-18.

Then our defense just took over. They were good all day but dominant in the fourth quarter, Jake Holland picked off a pass and returned it 21 yards for a 30-18 lead then we kicked a field goal late in the game for the final score of 33-18.

In all we picked off Tennessee 6 times, and gave it away just twice... But it probably should have been 19-18 or 20-18 in the closing minutes due to those two lucky plays on offense.

GG Russ.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This just in - Kentucky is bad.

We built a 63-0 lead at halftime. Nuff said. 70-0 UGA.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The world is ending....

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I specifically rememeber Helli saying 'I will never win 5-6 user games in a season, its impossible' Now he will never lose again.

I put in my offensive back ups against Wisconsin yesterday in the 2nd half.........oh lord are they not ready at ALL!!

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

As predicted my qbs killed me.

Some really awful throws when we had guys open one of which was so bad it got picked and returned for a td, two picks off hit qbs. At least 7-8 hits on my qb right when they are throwing..Two pick return TDs were the difference and UGA made more plays.

We dropped at least two sure thing picks or so I thought, those are killers when the other team is catching your bad throws.. A dropped TD pass also hurt our chances in total I think we suffered about 8 drops on O and with our qb situation you cant do that.

Ray Parker has crap hands in the high 60's but dropping passes when you are wide open says they are worse then the rating indicates. People predicted he would suck and they were right. He may be moving towards the bench...and maybe should have redshirted.

I figured this season would be like this and with a strong D like the Bulldogs you cant afford to just fling it around.

Made too many mistakes as a team and as a coach to beat a team like UGA.

This game is much like real football you live and die on your qb and I am certain UT has the worst bunch of turds in the league...Next season will be different as our team should be very strong with a capable QB.