Good news/Bad News

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Dec 30, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Good news/Bad News

Good news is I am back

Bad news is since I didn't get my invite till well after I had left to go out of town for my mother in law's family viewing, I ended up losing a game that I previously had won. My mother in law died at 6am monday morning. I ended up coming back today and when I checked for invite it was there, finally yay.

I accepted and checked the scores. Not upset with Dirty for the blowout loss. He won the game originally so not a big deal. So what about the recruiting and such.

I am ticked about the fact I lost a game by 30 that I won by 10 originally. I probably didn't get the invite till week 8 came out. That is speculation. I posted during the redo of week 7 that I didn't get the invite. If I had the invite I would have done it right away.

I'm not pointing fingers or placing blame, it's been a hard week for me already. I just needed to vent.

Thanks

Brian

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Sorry to hear about your Mother in law, man.

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Thanks, good news is wife is still with her family down there. It sucks I had to come home though. If the rental car didn't need to come back and I didn't have to work this weekend, I'd be with my wife for the funeral Saturday. Rental car was needed because my brakes went on my van after the muffler fell to ground still attached to pipe and van. The death and van problems were on Monday.

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Sorry to hear about your loss.

About your game. I have said before, what others do is, switch the user,s team to the commish's other psn, and he would play or sim a guy's game who could not play for what ever reason. then he would reinvite him when he was done.

keeps guys flexible and still in the hunt of things, when dealing with real life issues.

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Umm...I got your message on not receiving the original invite. I re-sent the invite for you in week 7. I dropped you as a user and re-added you to the league.

You told me to put you on auto-pilot until you got back in town, so I was under the impression you were willing to accept whatever ever happened with your team. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Also, I thought you were back yesterday because I saw you were signed on.

Sorry for your family's loss.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

GUnit, wasn't calling you out or anything like that. I did tell you to put me on autopilot. It just seems like whenever I miss a week in any dynasty whether I am the favorite or not, I lose and lose bad.

I wasn't back though, T2 was doing my offseason recruiting for Evo, he started my recruiting sometime after 345pm when I gave him the acct info. I can see why you would have thought I was back. If I was back I would have accepted the invite yesterday, that would have been some circular trip though. 300 miles from Watson MN to Iowa Falls Iowa, then turning around and coming back. Left at 8am would have arrived back at 6 or 7 pm.

Believe me I would rather be in Iowa Falls Iowa right now, however, other issues this week also added to my frustrations:

The big one mother in law dies at 6am mon morning
    1130 am muffler starts dragging on ground
    2pm after I get muffler retied my brakes went

My wife spent a ton of time and with some help from our church was able to get a car rented on Tuesday morning, could only get car rented till Friday. Not normally my weekend to work but I switched with someone 2 weeks ago so she could celebrate Christmas with her family.

Like I said in original post I was venting, and I realize I put more emphasis on the loss that I originally won. I wasn't trying to get you (Gunit) or anyone frustrated with me. I just needed to let off some steam.

Thanks

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

No apology needed bro. I totally didnt even think about what smace said. I wish someone would have pitched that idea.

Again. I am sorry your game got simmed in a game you fairly won. I didnt relize until I checked it was Kentucky that beat you. What a crock of shit sim. lol.

If it makes you feel any better.....I just toted an ass-whoopin from the "U".

8. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Well wow. I am sorry to hear what happened BC, that is real tragic. Losing a loved one is hard enough but then adding in everything else just made everything 10 times more frustrating I'm sure. I am very sorry for what happened and wish you and yours the best from here on out.....as for you game, it seems to me like you agreed to take a chance being put on auto and unfortunately the CPU got the better of your squad.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I spent most of Monday trying to get all my games played. I didn't feel like even playing the user games I had. I surprisingly won 1 of the 2 user games.

I ran out of time and couldn't get all my dynasty games in. The other one I failed to get in was also simmed and I lost that too.

My mother in law had been sick for 2 months now. She lost like 20 pounds and could not keep food down. The doctors could not figure out what was wrong with her. She was only 55. I wish I could have stayed in Iowa to be with my wife.

I have at least 1 user game today that I agreed to play, but my heart isn't in it. That makes sense to me but I don't want to hold up the dynasties I am in because it wouldn't be fair to others.