Good option playbooks?

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by hammerhead1010, Sep 27, 2010.

1. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Good option playbooks?

I tried multiple out in my game today and actually really liked it but was wondering if anyone has used or uses some better playbooks for an option attack out there.. It seems to be pretty decent actually. Dylan you roll with the multiple book don't you? Are there any other good option books you guys can think of, morso power option as oposed to spread option (Army doesn't really have the personnel to be running an Auburn/Michigan type spread yet I don't think). I don't really want a ton of fleXbox One formations like Armys default book because it just starts to confuse me honestly. But I love some ACE, I's, and SG

Oh and btw Dylan I was wondering if I could maybe have another day or two to practice with Army before picking a playbook since I switched to them today. If not no biggie cause multiple was pretty good today.

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

3. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

I used Air force in last years H4Y and it was pretty solid

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Thx fellas. Steam and snoop, how was the passing game out of those books? Enough variety to keep the D honest? I'd imagine Utah State is more what I'm looking for but I'll check em both out tomorrow.

5. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Ya, I threw for 2500+ with the playbook that season.

6. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Yeah, the last two years I ran a two qb system with my fast qb running the fleXbox One formations and 1 ace and 1 shotgun formation with my starter running everything else. My starter was a beast so my fast qb usually only saw 8-10 plays even in the airforce playbook

7. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Take your time and find a book.

From what I've read, Syracuse and Multiple are the most popular playbooks. Nik runs Syracuse so you can ask him about that one but I don't think there's much option involved. I love Multiple because I can run it in different dynasties with totally different offenses with different talent and still be successful and have fun with it.

That Utah St playbook looks nice too.

8. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Yea I actually run Syracuse pretty effectively in my other dynasty. It is a very good book but to take advantage of my offensive personnel I really need to employ some kinds of moition option that can hit the D from many different angles and thats really the only shortcoming I have found in Syracuse's book. No joke though they have everything, Power runs, great passing, a huge variety of Ace, I, offset, and SG formations, just not enough options.

I'll be taking a deeper look at Utah State and Air Force today after I get back from class, but I've got a feeling Multiple is gonna be hard to beat out for the lead, It just comes at you in so many ways.