Goodbye Big East...

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Oct 10, 2011.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

TCU accepts the invite to the Big 12.

This leaves West Virginia, my Cincinnati Bearcats, Rutgers, Uconn, USF, and Lousiville. There is talks that the Big East is trying to add teams like the Service academies, Memphis, UCF, East Carolina, and Temple. Go this is so effing sad. My Bearcats unless invited to the Big 10 (which is HIGHLY unlikely since they want nothing to do with expansion) will be trapped in the two-three team conference.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I think they'll expand to 12 teams like they want, but the already weak conference (which is hanging by a thread as an AQ IMO) will become even more watered down.

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

If they do expand to 12, there will no longer be an AQ team. That's my gripe.

4. jello1717

Why not?

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Because we had so much talent. And i know for a fact if the ACC comes calling to Rutgers, WVU, and UConn, they're gone. Just fuck dude.

6. jello1717

This is pretty laughable, saying that the Big Least had so much football talent. A watered down Big East really isn't much worse than what you guys have had (which was pretty much WVU plus 1 other random team per year pretty much).

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

True. My apologies. We had SOME talent. Cincinnati has some good talent, Louisville is on the rise, and UConn is always in the discussion. Pitt is on a downward spiral and leaving along with the up and coming Syracuse Orange. It's a damn shame though. We are at the point of adding Service Academies.

8. jello1717

and FCS schools (Villanova) :D

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

App State

10. jello1717

I haven't heard anything about them going to FBS, but I have heard that Villanova is going to FBS and that the Big East is considering them.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah Villanova is considering the Big East and has expanded their stadium from what I have heard. They had a really good 1AA program for years.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

I dont see why they couldnt give App St a chance, they three peated didnt they?