Goodbye NCAA Football?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Kapono, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/goodbye-ncaa-football.100440/

After Midnight

This looks pretty bad. Apparently the NCAA series is done after this year with all the licensing issues.

Just curious, how long do you guys think you'll play NCAA 14? I know some of us would play this year's game for over a year if it's the only NCAA game around, and most will probably move on to Madden of give up NCAA after the XBox1 comes out. This sucks, NCAA's pretty much the only game I play and I don't want to buy a XBox1 or PS4.

2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

As pointed out recently on that thread, we're likely not playing the last college football game, just the last one with the license of the NCAA specifically. I hope that's the case and really should be the way it plays out because I'm pretty sure the game makes enough to sustain itself. The NCAA is simply pulling the plug to protect themselves from any future additions to the lawsuit. Honestly I'm not worried just yet until they tell me there will NOT be a game next season. Just a blip

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think there will still be some version of a college football game by EA - it may just have the schools with random rosters to avoid likeness right issues.

In any case I'm not getting a new system until sometime late next year so I'll be around....at least till 2k comes out ;).

4. Jayrah

:D

5. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

• Like Like x 1
  6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Ed Obannon case must be getting alot of traction. Sounds like the NCAA no longer feels comfortable making money off the likeness of their slaves student athletes.

Also expect very little support for this years version, if repeat purchases are not an option for 2014.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Didn't UNLV and UCLA pay Ed enough!

8. Jayrah

I thought this was more about Sam Keller...

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

So long as they can keep the licensing of all teams, I actually think this might help the franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

now they can have off the field issues

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

with the wording of ncaa statement i wouldn't be surprised if they sell it to 2k..

12. Jayrah

Did you miss this statement? http://www.ea.com/news/update-on-ea-sports-and-college-football

This does however open up 2k to be able to make their own football game, though I expect it to be lightyears behind for at least a couple years if they do decide to go that way. It will give everybody their wish of wanting EA to have to put in extra effort.

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

The NCAA has made the decision not to enter a new contract for the license of its name and logo for the EA Sports NCAA Football video game. The current contract expires in June 2014, but our timing is based on the need to provide EA notice for future planning. As a result, the NCAA Football 2014 video game will be the last to include the NCAA’s name and logo. We are confident in our legal position regarding the use of our trademarks in video games. But given the current business climate and costs of litigation, we determined participating in this game is not in the best interests of the NCAA.

they are not against using their license in video games. They just don't want to deal with the litigation's that are coming down on EA so they are cutting ties. They can now give it to 2k and tell them to make the original roster as random as can be.

14. Jayrah

I doubt they do that but I see what you're saying now. I thought you meant EA selling it to 2k :ROFLMAO:

15. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

um, catch up guys..... EA's exclusivity on college football was dropped over a year ago and 2k hasnt tried yet....

16. Jayrah

2K hasn't had the option of really getting back in till now though. Ppl are going to take the long-standing title with the NCAA brand over the new guy with the generic brand every time.

17. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I blame Jayrah.

That is all.

18. Dru50

Is ea included in the class action suits? gowazzucougs?

19. Jayrah

For what? EA Football isn't going anywhere.

20. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Everything that goes wrong in the world is your fault.

21. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

NCAA 15 - Teambuilder Edition.

22. Jayrah

Nothing's going wrong you douche! :banghead: :p

23. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

It is my understanding EASPORTS is included in the lawsuit, because that is what started this whole mess. O'Bannon found out he was in an old NCAA Basketball game, and wanted a piece of the profits.

24. Dru50

Thanks.

By the way - this is the year I really needed you to be in the league using WSU....I need a freaking win!

25. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Washington State almost beat Stanfurd Cheez, but they Coug'd it.

• Like Like x 3