GOP debate tonight at 9pm eastern

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by johngalt11, Sep 22, 2011.

1. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Hey guys I am sure most of you do not care at all but I am pumped about the debate tonight! They are finally letting Gary Johnson be heard.

hammerhead1010 and nikpin I thought I would mention it because I think you both said you read Atlas and enjoyed it. Well I feel like Gary Johnson is actually a candidate who believes in individual rights and is a true capitalist. He wants to get ride of the welfare state.

To some of you other guys he believes in things you might care about as well. He is pro online gambling, small government and thinks we need to end all of our wars and get our troops home tomorrow.

and Bl0ndeRedHead he is agaisnt the war on drugs and strives to make MJ legal.

He believes that we need to balance our budget and cut spending by 43%. Why the number? Because he understands how economics work... He knows that spending more then you have does not work.

Sorry to Full Moon Fever you may not like him... He believes gays should have equal rights and be able to marry. (well actually he believes the government should not be involved in marriages, he thinks that should be something that happens in church but he thinks that under the law Gay couples should be recognized the same as hetero's... civil unions)

I guess what I am saying is if you guys are interested at all then tonight is a good chance to see what a real conservative looks like.... He is not trying to become president so he can control us by telling us what we can and can't do... He wants to balance the budget and allow the America people to live for themselves.

2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Sounds like my kind of guy. I would definitely like to learn more about this guy. What time is his debate tonight?

• Like Like x 1
  3. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

9pm eastern time... I am going tape it just in case our game runs long. unless you want to play tomorrow.

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I would rather play tonight if possible but if you need to wait until tomorrow we can.

5. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Yeah, but how does he feel about the rent?

6. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

tonights fine... but like I said in our thread the earlier the better.

7. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

?

8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

cause its hard out here for a pimp

9. Steamer43

NC State and Cincinnati are playing tonight so my opinion on Mr. Johnson will have to wait. However if he can deliver what you stated I might actually vote.

10. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'll probably watch it. I'm sure he's got some nutzo ideas.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

What are you a teacher who cares about the government or something?

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

And I'll stick to Ron Paul, but thanks.

13. nikpin

Is galt a teacher?

14. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

johngalt11,

I don't think the gays should marry, but I think that's a personal decision they need to make. Course I don't think they should be gay anyway. I'm for as little government involvement in lives as possible. I oppose gay marriage from a right/wrong stance, but I don't think the government has any business in telling people how to live their personal lives. That's the church's job. Flame away.

15. Full Moon Fever

That said, there's no f'ing way I'm pulling my wife away from the Grey's Anatomy season premier on the tv tonight, so I'll have to read about it tomorrow.

16. DirtycashDylan

The RENT is TOO. DAMN. HIGH. I only vote for politicians who acknowledge that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DirtycashDylan

But for real, this guy sounds like someone I'd vote for even though I'm a Libertarian who leans left *ducks* and doesn't fucking vote. Obama will beat whoever the GOP throws out there, anyway.

18. nikpin

I highly doubt Obama wins the next election the way we are currently heading.

19. DirtycashDylan

Where are we heading? Seriously I want to know.

20. nikpin

Exactly. No direction at all...

21. Steamer43

Johnson said his dog made more shovel-ready jobs than Obama lol

• Like Like x 1
  22. Bl0ndeRedHead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFP9rCnXR54#t=0m50s

[​IMG]

23. Full Moon Fever

Never said I hate gay people ya douche. I don't think it's right. But hell, I do a lot of things that aren't right.

24. Bl0ndeRedHead

I'm just messing. I actually agree with you believe it or not. I hold the opinion homosexuality is morally wrong. Up until recently, it was always considered a sin along with theft, murder, lying, etc. It was never considered a way of life, or something you are born with until the last couple generations. It's a carnal desire (same as heterosexuality) that any of us can fulfill at any time if we so choose. Bring on the hate everyone, Blonde the bigot and Fever the hatred preacher comin at ya.

25. DirtycashDylan

I would never try and tell two grown ass adults what they can or can not do behind closed doors. And all this 'marriage is sacred' bullshit is exactly that. Is my mom's 3rd marriage just as sacred as her 1st? lol

my .02 c

• Like Like x 1