Gopher Hole

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 12, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Gopher Hole

I couldn't think of a catchy name so, I asked cimmy and that's what he came up with.

Ask me any questions related to my seasons as head coach of the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

2. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Coach can u share how you plan on taking Minnesota to the next level in terms of defensive play?

3. controllerabuser

Well, the biggest thing about the guy is he was a diamond in the rough. Who knew a 3* running back out of Medina, Ohio would be 2nd in rushing yards and tied for 1st in touchdowns. (Big Ten)

What I want to stress is that he is an every down back. He means everything to our team. He wears number 5 to signify he is "Reggie Bush" like. He runs the ball, catches out of the backfield and returns kicks & punts.

If you take a look at his ratings you think, hmm... 95 speed, well he must run to the outside. Not so true, he runs up the middle probably more than he sweeps. Defenses play towards the ends since he is so fast but he just burns by them up the gut.

I could go on forever about this guy but all you need to know is that he will be the main piece to our puzzle.

The Gopher Hole is like the Black Hole, it can fit just about anything.

4. controllerabuser

Well, actually the defense is very young. I think I have 3-4 talented freshman linebackers who are starting this year. Which means, all they will do is go up from here gaining experience. The USC game was a tough lesson for them but it helped in many ways.

I am close to a 3* OLB from Miami, FL. I believe that is where is he from but am not sure. He should bring in some speed to add to the already young set of linebackers. Which is what we are lacking right now. I also am looking to snag two more 4* athletes. Both, have good size and decent speed. (DB's)

Real football players want to come play here now that we are outside in cold weather conditions. It will be tough to come here and win in the future. Mark my words.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

With Iowa getting all the buzz and seem to be the leagues "favorite" to win the Big10, do you, also sitting at undefeated in the Big10, love the hype and attention Minnesota is NOT getting? Putting a ton of pressure on Iowa which could hurt them in a future game??

6. controllerabuser

I like not having the pressure since we aren't expected to be on top. That way we don't overlook anybody. We prepare for every game like it is our last game. To simply put it, we are hungry.

7. controllerabuser

Minnesota is now #25 in the polls. With a huge game coming up against conference foe, The Ohio State, we welcome any new question.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Are your guys buying in that they can win the Big 10? A lot of times the middle tier Big 10 teams find a way to lose their title hopes, how will your team respond?

9. controllerabuser

I believe we can beat every team in the Big Ten. Yes, the question is, will we execute come game day. On offense, we have the talent to match up with anyone. I haven't fully utilized my team's potential. I think that is what's most scary about this team.

I am telling my team, to just come out and take it day by day. We beat Ohio State, then it's "on to the next one."-Jay-Z