Gotta Question--(connection)

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by nellycuz, Aug 6, 2012.

1. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

How many of you have setup in your router settings a DMZ or port forwarding for your XBOX 360. I'm trying to get the best connection as possible....Reason being, when I play NCAA 13 online, connection is great and gameplay is smooth 97% of the time. But usually once or twice a game during the run of play it pauses for a second or two then continues on. It can be frustrating if it's on a FG, middle of catching a pass, trying to tackle someone etc.

My internet speed is plenty fast (2nd fastest U-Verse offers) something like 16mb down/1 mb up. Not quite sure but I know it shouldn't be an issue. My router is real nice and shouldn't be an issue either. I'm hard wired into my router (not my modem). I've researched it online but not quite sure which method to use for my Cisco router. I've tried port forwarding but others say to setup DMZ so I'm not sure...Can any of you shed some light and help a brother out?

Again it won't be an issue playing me I'm just trying to get that 1 time a game where it freezes for a second out of there.......

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

You want to use the DMZ. That skips the need for any port forwarding and basically removes the firewall features of your router from dealing with your 360.

here's a pretty good video on it:

another tip for folks - unless it is absolutely not possible you should really have your 360 attacked directly to your router and not play wirelessly.

3. nellycuz

Thanks man I appreciate it...I'll check it out after work...

4. nellycuz

this worked...not sure how many of you have tried getting your xbox in a DMZ, but it seems to work great. Played 2 NCAA games last night online and I didn't get any 1 second freezes during the run of play.

I'm ready to rock n roll

I read a tweet from Donny Moore that stated "Played a game w Denver in Madden 13, very nice. Ronnie Hillman is the man. Decker/Thomas are great duo 4 Peyton, Elvis/Von pass rush nasty."

Pretty encouraging, I just got a little more excited...........3 weeks!!!!!!!

5. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Just make sure it's only your Xbox in the DMZ. If your computer is in it you are very open to hackers.

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

yeah that video above does just that.