GOTW 1: Rams vs Chargers

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by _MG_, Feb 11, 2012.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2014 DEFENDING CHAMPION ST. LOUIS RAMS
    VS
    NEW LOOK SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    WHY IS IT GAME OF THE WEEK?
    The St. Louis Rams are coming off their first Super Bowl championship season since Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk led the Greatest Show on Turf in the 1999-2000 season. They are the odds-on favorite to win the Championship again this season, despite losing 2014 MVP Sterlin Freeman to the New Orleans Saints in a high-stakes bidding war this offseason. Sam Bradford is still in St. Louis...and that means they will still put up points, as Bradford is coming off a Pro Bowl season in which he threw for 29 touchdowns and only 13 interceptions. Third-year back Najee Bujari is getting to pick up where the dominant Rams running game left off last season. Although Bujari is unproven, the Rams have a great track record with Running backs going all the way back to Eric Dickerson. I expect Bujari to be a solid starter. By no means, however, do I expect him to put up over 9 yards per carry like Freeman did last season.
    Defensively, it is more of the same from last season for the Rams. Superbowl MVP James Laurinatis returns, as does standout safety Patrick Chung and sack-man Robert Quinn. I don't expect this defense to miss a beat and create a ton of turnovers both in this game and all season long.
    The Chargers might have had the most headline making off-season in years. After the shocking news of Phillip Rivers retirement hit, the Chargers headed into the off-season with a lot of question marks. They went out and found a quarterback and a halfback, but both come in with a lot of controversy and even MORE question marks. Tim Tebow has been the starting Quarterback for the Jets the past three seasons, and in those three seasons, despite the Jets success as a team he has been garbage. Tebow has tallied up 56 interceptions to only 37 touchdowns. That averages out to about 12 touchdowns and 18 interceptions a season...awful numbers. Still, the Chargers think there is something inside Tebow that helps will his team to victory. The signing of Arian Foster is also very controversial, as Foster is coming of a highly disappointing season with the Chicago Bears in which he only played in four games due to knee injuries. I do very much like the fact that they still have Ryan Mathews on the roster, because there is no way Foster plays in all 16 games this season. He now has a track record of being hurt and missing games.
    On the other side of the ball, the Chargers are led by BJ Hall and the newly-signed Mike Crawford. The front seven for the Bolts is solid and, at times, dominant. In this game they will need to get a lot of pressure on Sam Bradford. They will need a big game from Crawford, Hall and Armani Edwards to get a solid pass rush going.
    OFFENSIVE ADVANTAGE:
    [​IMG]
    Shockingly, I am going with the Chargers. They have a lot of potential if Tebow doesn't turn over the ball, uses his legs and stays within himself. Foster can be a great running back, he has shown that. He just needs to stay healthy.As good as the Rams offense is, the loss of Freeman really does change their team a great deal.
    DEFENSIVE ADVANTAGE:
    [​IMG]
    I give the Rams a big advantage here. They have the same core group on defense that got them a ring last season. They will have no problem putting Tebow on his back and stuffing Foster.
    PREDICTION:
    I think Tebow will struggle in his first game against a veteran defense. I see two or three interceptions and I think Foster will not be very productive. I expect it to be a low-scoring game in which the Rams take over in the 3rd or 4th quarter with Bradford getting hot and hitting Jacob Tamme for a dagger touchdown in the 4th.
    SCORE:
    [​IMG]
    Rams 24 Chargers 14​

• Like Like x 11
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    24-14, I'll be happy if I can keep it that close. Great write up though!

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Nice!

You going to keep a running thread of this or you going to make new one each week?

4. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    new thread each week!

5. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Great work MG! It will take some time to adapt to not having Cheeseman for sure!

6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Didn't seem to have much trouble.

7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

He did in the running game. He had to pass his way to victory

• Like Like x 1
  8. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yeah I guess... still wouldn't say 30-0 is much of a problem.

9. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

very true