GOTW: #2 Ohio State @ #3 Oregon

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jun 5, 2011.

?

Who's your pick to win the Week 1 Showdown in Eugene?

1. #2 OSU

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. #3 Oregon

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -4-

-4- Walk On

Sorry... I was trying to post a poll, but I couldn't do so without making a new thread.

2. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

LOL....I just looked over Ohio State's roster. If I keep this one within 21 I'll be surprised.

3. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Well it was 10x worse than I thought it would be. And got kicked out of the game to top it all off, was down 38-0 anyway so not like a comeback was in store.

Like I said OSU, sorry for wasting your time. That was the worst game I've ever played in my entire life.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Heh. :)

Honestly, you just weren't playing to your teams strengths. I've got a very good secondary and your receivers aren't anything special, so when you went pass heavy you were kind of screwed.

I have no idea if this was out of frustration or just trying to score quickly, but you should probably avoid running the verts play - using it often is usually frowned upon here.

I was actually a bit surprised by how well my team played. Hines is a great passer - I am really hoping that I'll be able to use him instead of my scrambling QB for the entirety of the season. Whitaker breaks a lot of tackles and tends to fall forward and Anderson is an amazing change of pace back and return man. My defense seems like they've got some great hands and the ends get good pass rushes... although that might have just been your inexperienced guy at RT.

5. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I was down the entire game.....Kind of have to pass when you are down....

As for the vert play I ran it maybe 4 or 5 times. Almost all were at the end before I got D/C.

Let's not get into things that are frowned upon.....You dropping your DT into the deep quarter or speed rushing with your DE on every single pass play are also frowned upon in almost every OD I've ever been apart of.

6. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

True that. I was looking over everyone rosters yesterday and when I seen OSU, it was wrap. Dude has like 99 in every position and then 2nd string 99's waiting to play if someone get's hurt or tired..LOL.. I can't forsee anyone coming within 14pts of his team..

7. Wick36

Wait, what?

I have 3 99s.

8. -4-

-4- Walk On

I have one 95... LOL. Michigan is in even worse shape.

You're fine Killer, don't worry about it.

But, you guys see why I want some teams off limits for '12 now right.

9. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

LOL.. I know your not stacked with 99's at every position. I'm just exaggerating a wee bit.. :)..Who am I to complain. I have 4 RB's rated in the 90's. 1st- 99 2nd-97, 3rd-92, 4th -90..It' just comes with everyone being in the dynasty so long, we have all build depth and everyone has really good teams...

• Like Like x 1
  10. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Yea..I get your point NG. I like the idea we mentioned last week where we all start at the same prestige team level and then try to work our way up to our favorite teams when that job is offered..We have a solid core group of players, a GREAT commish, so we shouldn't fear taking our time getting to our dream job fearing the OD would get inactive. This league is solid and won't fade..

11. Wick36

In my other OD, my Virginia Tech team is pretty close to yours, and we have Alabama, Oregon, USC, and Penn State who are better than this OSU team. I'm surprised that the talent seems to be more spread out here.

Average Ratings for Starters

Ohio State- Offense 91 Defense 92.7
    Notre Dame- Offense 92.8 Defense 93.8
    Oregon- Offense 85.5 Defense 88
    Florida State- Offense 91.7 Defense 89
    LSU- Offense 87 Defense 92.3
    Florida- Offense 84.3 Defense 80.6
    USC- Offense 88.3 Defense 89.3
    Texas- Offense 89.8 Defense
    Tennessee- Offense 86.6 Defense 88.3
    Michigan State- Offense 84 Defense 86.7
    scUM- Offense 82.7 Defense 83
    Miami- Offense 85.2 Defense 87.5

12. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Dang, Ive got to get some firepower. I had a hard time keeping up with Texas A&M... Lol. Starting a faster qb next week so hopefully that will help a little bit. My starter right now isnt a spread qb.

13. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

I like that idea. Starting with a weaker school and having to work at it to get to your dream school.

14. Wick36

I wish I could give you the QB I'm not starting. =/

Sounds like he'd be perfect for you.

15. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

What do you mean by dropping His DT into Deep quarter?

16. Wick36

I did a hot route that dropped my DT into zone coverage. The only thing it stops is the Verts play.

17. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

That's BS.

That's a cheese ball excuse and you know it. Dropping any DL into deep coverage is forbidden in every league I've ever been associated with.

I'll admit I ran the 5 wide very play a few more times than I should. I was getting blown out and was trying to score quick but thats no excuse.

Man up and admit you was cheesing when you was up 38.

• Like Like x 1
  18. -4-

-4- Walk On

Alright guys... that's enough. I don't want to make everything super strict but then again i didnt think id need to. I guess I will add some rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.