GOTW #4: Houston (2-0) @ UTEP (0-2)

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by maij17, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

UTEP (dzsummes3) vs. Houston

UTEP will be looking for their first win of the season against rival Houston in El Paso. The Miners offense made strides last week in Albuquerque and would look to continue the good play in front of the home crowd. Houston will look to validify their 2-0 start, with home wins against Portland State and New Mexico State traveling to El Paso to face an in-state rival will be a first real test for this Cougar team this season.

What to Watch For:

Cougar Air Raid vs. Miner Defense
    The Miner pass defense has been porous at best, surrendering over 250+ yards in its previous 2 games against pass heavy offenses. Houston will look to expose the Miner pass defense another week with their Air Raid attack.

Miner QB and WR combo Siegel and Tubbs vs. Cougar Defense
    Miner WR Daruis Tubbs had a coming out party in Albuquerque taking advantage of his size against a much smaller secondary, look for the Miner offense to make this a trend. QB Mark Seigel will need to establish himself as the leader of his team, with the ability to use his legs and arms in the Miner offensive attack.

Prediction
    UTEP 52 Houston 45
    The El Paso crowd will be in for a good show, neither defense will establish themselves and the offenses should light up the scoreboard. Being at home, UTEP should get the one turnover or special teams play to notch their first win of the season. Miner QB Siegel should establish himself early and often as the vocal point of the Miners attack through the air and on the ground.

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

This sounds like a good one.

GO UTEP

3. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Houston's had my number the past couple of years, hopefully this year will be different!
    !

4. ChaoticUT

It was sloppy but i did it, finally beat Houston 13-3. I only had one play that was rated an A and it was the TD pass. It was a defensive struggle and I had to sit my starting QB because he just wasnt getting it done

5. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Good game man, sounded like it was a good one

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Great Write Up bro.
    I think this year UTEP is going to get it done. The two losses that the miners have were by a very small amount. I see the Miners looking for redemption at the expense of the Cougars.

Go UTEP

7. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Congrats UT...And great write up maij!!!

8. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Great win for the Miners. This could be the year the Miners establish dominance in Conference USA

9. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Great W, UT.

10. ChaoticUT

It took a while but here it is. It was a sloppy game as we just traded punts all game long. Neither team could do much on offense, especially run the ball. My only A rated play was the lone TD of the game.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.