GOTW 4: Jets vs Vikings

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by _MG_, Feb 15, 2012.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    2-1 2014 DEFENDING AFC EAST CHAMPION JETS
    VS
    2-1 AP'less MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    WHY IS IT GAME OF THE WEEK?
    The Jets and the Vikings both have winning records, the only USER game in which this is occurring this week. The Vikings are coming off a loss to the division rival Bears and the Jets just traded for a new quarterback. Very excited to see how this one shakes out, these are two very good teams.
    Offensively for the Jets, things have been strange this year. After acquiring Matt Hill (Ryan Leaf Jr) from the Redskins, they figured their QB problems were over. Not so much, as Hill has been bad when he hasn't been hurt in the first 3 games of the season. The Jets are a win-now team, so instead of let Hill develop or go with the rookie Dylan Swatzell, they went out and traded HoF TE Antonio Gates to the Lions for much maligned QB Matthew Stafford. This game will be his Jets debut, and it couldn't come on a bigger stage. Prime time, baby! Stafford won't have to do it alone however, as HB Octvious Hardy has been on fire this year, averaging almost 6 yards a carry through the first three games. The Vikings will want to stop the run game and see if Stafford can beat them.
    Defensively, the Jets are led by Calais Campbell at DE and David Harris at MLB. This team has a great secondary but a questionable front seven as they are getting old. A very solid defense that holds every team down. They should give the Vikings some trouble.
    Minnesota has been quite successful this year, their first without AP in Hard Knocks. Tallying up a 2-0 record before losing to the Bears last week, the Vikings offense has been a pleasant surprise. Shady McCoy was a great pick-up for the Vikes, who really needed a feature back to replace AP. Christian Ponder is still struggling however, throwing 5 interceptions to only 2 touchdowns in the teams first 3 games. He has been putting up yards, he just needs to stop turning it over and be better in the redzone. Percy Harvin is a unique talent and is virtually uncover-able when he wants to be. Expect his battle with Revis to be something to behold this week.
    Looking at the Vikings defense, you can't not be impressed with some of their talent. Cliff Avril, Kenny Wallace, Terrance Knighton and Christian Ballard maybe a solid but questionable defensive line. Some games these guys go off, others they have 0 pass rush. Same with the run defense, one day they can't be run on the next they are being gashed. James Anderson was a nice piece they received in the AP deal, but he has tallied just 6 tackles in 3 games. Expect him to come out fired up against New York.
    OFFENSIVE ADVANTAGE:
    [​IMG]
    Minnesota, hands down. Stafford is new to New York, who knows how he is going to play? I expect Shady McCoy to have a big game. He is the single best offensive player in this game. Giving the Vikings the nod.​
    DEFENSIVE ADVANTAGE:
    [​IMG]
    These are both top 10 defenses, I just have a personal preference for the Jets players. Revis is a huge weapon. They are currently 4th in HK in points against per game at only 15.7. Impressive, I think they will perform.​
    PREDICTION:
    I think in the end this game comes down to how the Jets new QB plays. From what I have seen in HK, it won't be very pretty. I expect at least 2 interceptions, but wouldn't be surprised with more. It will be close, but I just think the Vikings will be more careful with the ball and limit turnovers by running it with McCoy and Ivey. Stafford and the Jets just doesn't have a good ring to it, ya know?​
    SCORE:
    [​IMG]
    Vikings 20 Jets 17

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    This is one of those games in which I wish EA would implement something so we could watch the game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Ill take the Jets

4. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    fun fact, both teams only loss comes at the hands of the
    [​IMG]

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Just by reading that, I'll go with MG and the Vikes