GOTW 5: Cowboys vs Texans

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by _MG_, Feb 16, 2012.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    2-1 2014 DEFENDING NFC EAST CHAMPION COWBOYS
    VS
    2-1 HIGH OCTANE TEXANS
    WHY IS IT GAME OF THE WEEK?
    IT'S THE BATTLE OF THE LONESTAR STATE! THAT'S WHY, DUMMY.
    The Cowboys are doing what they always do on offense. Ryan Mallet is throwing more interceptions than usual (has 7 after 3 games, threw only 15 all last season), but the Boys are still scoring and eating up tons of yards. Second year back Keiwone O'Neal is getting better and better each week, looking his best last week in the win vs Seattle. They need to limit turnovers and become more balanced.
    On defense, the Cowboys are struggling. They are giving up over 30 points per game and are #25 in the league against the pass, giving up 240 yards per. They need to get a pass rush on Dozier and really disrupt him or the Texans offense will have a field day. I am very disappointed in DeMarcus Ware this season. In 3 games he has 10 tackles 0 sacks and 0 forced fumbles. He really hasn't been a a factor this year.
    The Texans have been consistently good on offense this year. They are averaging 35.7 points a game on offense, and are #1 in the league in passing yards per game at 306.3. Third-year guy Dyjuan Dozier has been good, but is throwing too many interceptions. I see a lot of similarities between Mallet and Dozier's game. Both have extremely high ceilings (Mallet has shown how good he can be) but are gun slingers at times and can be reckless. Running back Ben Tate blew up last week against Washington, I look for him to continue playing at a high level this week against the Cowboys. These two offenses are eerily similar. They need to limit turnovers and try and become more balanced. This is gonna be a hell of a show!
    Houston's defense has actually been worse than the Cowboys, but not by much. They are giving up 29 points per game and 323 passing yards per game, but are succeeding at stopping opponents run game. JJ Watt, Sedrick Ellis, Jon Beason and Mario Williams combined have 0 sacks 0 forced fumbles and 1 interception. That is terrible production from what should be their leaders on defense. If Mallet doesn't get pressured, this is going to turn into a blowout real quick. Someone has to step up.
    OFFENSIVE ADVANTAGE:
    [​IMG]
    Dyjuan Dozier, Andre Johnson, Rashaad Hopkins, Jonathan Baldwin. This offense has been on fire with all these passing weapons, and now with Ben Tate getting in on the action? Defenses beware. I give the Texans the nod.​
    DEFENSIVE ADVANTAGE:
    [​IMG]
    The Cowboys have more talent on defense then the Texans. It is mind blowing how poorly this side of the ball is playing compared to their talent level. They should be a top-5 defense. I expect them to come out blitzing Dozier hard and trying to disrupt the Texans passing attack anyway they can. They have it in them to be dominant, but will they bring it to the field?​
    PREDICTION:
    Two teams who look a lot a like in the Lone Star State. I think the difference is the terrible defenses; the Texans have one, the Cowboys shouldn't. I think the Cowboys D will turn it around in this one. They are just too talented with Orakpo and Ware on the outside to not generate some turnovers from the often turnover-friendly Dozier. It will be high scoring in the beginning, but then I think the Cowboys will put the clamps down and Mallet, with all the time in the world due to no pass rush, will TORCH Houston's weak secondary. The Houston offense will keep them in it, but they won't be able to mount a comeback.​
    SCORE:
    [​IMG]
    Cowboys 34 Texans 23
    If you don't like it, in the words of Davy Crockett​
    "You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas"​

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Great job MG tough games to pick. I'm going with the HK vet to step up and get it done in a shoot out.

3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, I'd have to go with the Boys here as well.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Texans with the DUB

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

6. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I love the analysis done on these MG!! Very nice...

Gotta go with my superbowl pick here in Cade and them Boys