GOTW #6: Pregame Questions

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by ChaoticUT, Sep 9, 2010.

1. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

GOTW #6: Pregame Questions

[​IMG]

You have 2 defenisve players near the top of the WAC leader board in tackles, yet you've have trouble playing as a unit so far this year. What do you need to do to get your defense to play a solid, complete game as a unit?

Jeff Fischer has come on strong this year, what has been your key to the passing game?

You've faced a grueling schedule so far this seasons, what can you take from those losses to help you for this game?

[​IMG]

You've lost your two biggest offensive stars from last year, how have you been able to replace them and get your offense going without them?

After losing your first 3 games, you've been able to have back to back wins, what's been the key to this turn around so far?

You've given up 34 points to Illinois, 41 to Oklahoma State, and 61 to Auburn. What do you need to do on defense to make sure Utah State doesn't light up the scoreboard on you?

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

Aggies Can Do It

This will be a tough one for us but I believe we have the experience now to put up a real fight.

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

You've lost your two biggest offensive stars from last year, how have you been able to replace them and get your offense going without them?

Losing Kaepernick and Taua has been an eye opener for many of our guys. I think we were spoiled by their high-level of play over the years. However, our freshman QB's, especialy Cody Fajardo, has started to come around. In addition, junior HB Lampford Mark is starting to come into his own and has proven to be a hard runner. Even at this point, I think we're still trying to figure out what our identity is. The next few weeks should tell us a lot about who we are as an offensive unit.

After losing your first 3 games, you've been able to have back to back wins, what's been the key to this turn around so far?

We've been getting back to basics, which is to run the ball to open up the passing game. I've also stressed to our young QB's that it is imperative for them to stand and deliver in the pocket rather than scrambling away after the slightest sign of trouble. It is not a coincidence that we've been winning once our offense stays longer on the field.

You've given up 34 points to Illinois, 41 to Oklahoma State, and 61 to Auburn. What do you need to do on defense to make sure Utah State doesn't light up the scoreboard on you?
    Utah State is a well coached team. Although they have not won a game yet, we will not be taking them lightly. They have the talent to pull out a win if we are not careful. As for the early season games, I must say that I was really disappointed at the team for not digging deeper and making it a game. Too often when we fell behind, guys would fail to respond to the challenge. I think our mentality has changed a lot since the last month. We are more focused and determined.